• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Speaking of things one had when they were about 5. This is mine.

I gave my copy to a couple who were having a baby in something like 1963, and suspect it would be scarce as hen's teeth to find.

It was a very silly story. But the tunes were catchy.
image.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these???
Some toys were the simpliest, because back then kids had way more imagination than they do now. I didn't use popsicle sticks, My clothespin airplanes were 4 wooden clothespins clipped to each other. But damn it was FUN! :D

1627813268981.png

Last edited:

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I don't saw Huckleberry in ages, forgot about its existence....

Elvis' death made him immortal as it did to M.Monroe if they were still alive today, they would be not as big icons as they are today.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Pretty sure Crusaider Rabbit is the first one. The rest were all after my time.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Actually, if you want to see a splendid salute to soda in glass bottles, check out the Sunday Sweets post for this week's Cake Wrecks site.

Cake Wrecks

And, yes, it's made of cake!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
A lot of somebody. The Sunday Sweets posts are amazing. The mid-week posts are sometimes hilariously epic failures.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Hardy Har Har, Jinxie, Hokey Wolf, and Frankie are the un-named... pretty sure we've already had them all in rounds except Hokey.

eclark1894

Visionary
Puff the Magic Dragon had nothing to do with drugs. But being the 60s, everyone believed everything had to be about drugs.

Is ‘Puff the Magic Dragon’ About Marijuana?
I was doing a little research on what Snopes said about the Star spangled Banner. Not sure Snopes didn't make that up. As there's no direct quote or link to an article. But I did find a citation in Wikipedia that i thought was funny from Gary Larson. Unfortunately, the caption didn't clip:
1627855027214.png
"A tragedy occurs off the coast of a land called Honah-Lee".

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't saw Huckleberry in ages, forgot about its existence....

Elvis' death made him immortal as it did to M.Monroe if they were still alive today, they would be not as big icons as they are today.
Elvis died from an apparent drug overdose if IIRC. So he was gonna die sooner or later. I'm just sorry it was Lisa Marie that found him. I think she was eight at the time. I had just got home from school and heard about it on the news while watching either All My Children or General Hospital. I can't remember which. Marilyn was never the icon to me that others made her out to be. I didn't even know she had died until years later.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Elvis died from an apparent drug overdose if IIRC. So he was gonna die sooner or later. I'm just sorry it was Lisa Marie that found him. I think she was eight at the time. I had just got home from school and heard about it on the news while watching either All My Children or General Hospital. I can't remember which. Marilyn was never the icon to me that others made her out to be. I didn't even know she had died until years later.
Elvis died at Baptist Hospital , paramedics and doctors worked for nearly an hour to revive him.
I was 7 years old at that time , I care less about Elvis and his borrowed style of music , not my cup of tea .

eclark1894

Visionary
Elvis died at Baptist Hospital , paramedics and doctors worked for nearly an hour to revive him.
I was 7 years old at that time , I care less about Elvis and his borrowed style of music , not my cup of tea .
Don't get me wrong. Elvis was never that much of a singer to me, as he was an actor. Of course, all of his movies seemed to be about the same to me, but I still enjoyed watching them. And Monroe was only famous for being famous... to me, anyway.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these? Some of my favorite candies. Okay, I admit, I still buy the life savers and jolly Ranchers every now and then! :sneaky:
1628001729202.png
1628001811349.png
1628001911607.png