• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these? We did most of the candy so now since it's so hot, grab a fresh one! 10oz. bottles.
View attachment 70478
You know, it just came back to me. When I was a kid, I used to hear on tv that some people liked to drink Dr. Pepper heated up. Does anybody remember hearing that?

I went to the Dr. Pepper website and found this old magazine ad. I knew I was imagining things!
1627764970699.png

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I certainly never heard of drinking hot soda, but then, I've lived within shouting distance of L.A. City Hall all my life. Seriously doubt anyone on this edge of the continent ever made an advertising push for hot soda.

Dr Pepper actually might be rather tasty that way. Maybe root beer as well. Not sure about cola, and heating up lemon-lime just seems pointless. Heat up actual lemonade if you want hot citrus.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember him?
I remember I had this record when I was about five years old. I think it drove my mother a little nuts because I played it over and over and over again.
1627772310610.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't remember the record cover, but I remember the song, and yes it would drive me crazy if I had to hear it over and over again.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I remember that to. Does anyone recall a song about a one-eyed, one ???, flying purple people eater? Was the missing word "eared"?

eclark1894

Visionary
Speaking of when I was five years old... This subject may be different for you depending on where you grew up, but when I was growing up, before I turned 6 and started school, I used to watch tv in the morning starting off with the Mickey Mouse show, then The Toy Soldier, Bozo, Captain Kangaroo, and ending with a local show called Time for Uncle Paul.
1627776481874.png

Terre

Renowned
As far as glass bottles of Coca Cola, Sprite, Fanta, Fresca...... Still available in some places. Mostly made in Mexico with actual cane sugar rather than the corn syrup the US bottlers use now. I remember when I first got one of the Mexican Cokes some years aog. my reaction was 'I remember this flavor! It's what COke used to taste like."

Stezza

Dances with Bees
talking of old 45 records
I also have this one packed away... can't understand a word of it, ( it was my older bros record but I claimed it when he left home ) it was a big hit in 1963 but the singer Kyu Sakamoto died in a passenger plane crash in 1985.

eclark1894

Visionary
I've heard both the original version and the one by A Taste of Honey in 1978. Sadly, they'd be canceled today for cultural misappropriation today if they sang the song.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I still have one in a storage unit downstairs. I think I remember that dinosaur thing. I think I have one with the Apollo Moon landing, not sure. Haven't looked at them for a long time. They were impressive, the way they really looked 3D.

Dana

Edit: This is removed from where it was when I posted. This is about the View Master thing!

eclark1894

Visionary
talking of old 45 records
I also have this one packed away... can't understand a word of it, ( it was my older bros record but I claimed it when he left home ) it was a big hit in 1963 but the singer Kyu Sakamoto died in a passenger plane crash in 1985.

Since you're bringing up old 45s, here's one that belonged to my older brother. Which one I couldn't tell you. One went to Vietnam, the other joined the Peace Corps. Yes, they both came home.
1627787610495.png

eclark1894

Visionary
One of my brothers, Again, I don't remember which, used to buy movie soundtrack records. I remember that among his records he had the albums for Thunderball (Sean Connery James Bond) Englebert Humperdinck, and Tom Jones, What's New Pussycat? (I fell in love with that one!) I know this is the 45. My brother owned the album. All I can remember is that it was on the Parrot label.
1627788226938.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Just a little trivia. Elevis died when he was 42. If he were alive today, he would be 86. I only bring that up because Tom Jones is still alive and singing, and he's only five years younger than Elvis. Could you imagine if Elvis had made it to 2021? :)