• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Reinstalling DS, converting things to Dawn and Diva and my experiments along the way

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
highest to lowest. 5, point 5, point 2 to minus point 5
Dancing 02 Collision offset five.jpgDancing 02 Collision offset point five.jpgDancing 02 Collision offset point2.jpgDancing 02 Collision offsetminus point5.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
#7 from your last post looks the most realistic to me. The one to it's right is good if you want more of a silk look to the fabric.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the feedback Ram. I think from memory that was at .9 and the one to the right was at 1.

At the moment I'm trying to work out which setting does what. Eventually I'm going to set the pants up as a template and use it as a base to develop a finished mesh.

I'm trying to be more organised about what I'm doing. It would be good to get more things finished.

I haven't forgotten that I need to finish the texture set and Diva morph for Alexis camisole set. I just needed a break from Poser.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So I decided to take a day off from the dforce testing. I've found a really good document by rbt whiz that explains many of the sets and I need to read it before testing further. Collision layer applies between two meshes so not surprising it didn't do much.
So I've weightmapped Hein using triax mapping as the other one created awlful twists with some poses. Still needs more work on the weightmapping for the crotch area and the backs of the knees down to the calf but the poses are working fairly well and the clothes have autofitted using his body quite well...he doesn't wear skirts.
Iray render default lights...
Hein subd and weightmapping.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Made a quick bodysuit and fiber hair in zbrush

Dana, if you want to make him a kilt...go for it! ; )

I'm busy at the moment making other things...like elf ears and face morphs.
hein with fiber hair and body suit.jpg
hein with elf ears.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Do you plan to have this tested and maybe put out a freebie? I have Hein. Used him in a Christmas image a couple years ago for a greeting card. Thinking of using him again.

Dana
I'm not sure if I can do that as the figure is Nursoda's. I'm not even sure if others could convert to weight map and if I could somehow provide them with my weightmapping. It would be great to share stuff but I'm not sure without permission that I could.

Is Nursoda still around and making things?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Unfortunately the object files from the earlier morphs don't match my weightmapped figure as I did sub D on it.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Made a quick bodysuit and fiber hair in zbrush

Dana, if you want to make him a kilt...go for it! ; )

I'm busy at the moment making other things...like elf ears and face morphs.
I have never made clothing. I want to, but it will be some time before I can start. Too much has been happening in my life recently. And my start in modeling will be props, furniture and stuff. Clothing...perhaps some textures/materials, but no modeling for some time.

The thought was a challenge to you. Sorry if that was presumptuous. :confused:

Dana

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sorry to hear that, I hope you get chance to start soon.

No not presumptuous...I'm just not sure I'm up to a kilt.

I really wish I could share what I'm doing. I think if you converted Hein to triax then I could share the morphs and the clothing but I'm not sure how to do the weightmapping. I may ask on the daz forums if it's possible.

I know that I was able to share a diva morph for some k4 clothing with Lorraine but the other tester found it hard to get it to work.

The body suit is really rough at the moment and would need more work.

Do you have an image of the type of kilt you're thinking of?

First attempt at using fog in the render settings.

Attachments

• my god a frog discovered fog in render settings.jpg
    my god a frog discovered fog in render settings.jpg
    691.7 KB · Views: 100

DanaTA

Distinguished
I'm not sure if I can do that as the figure is Nursoda's. I'm not even sure if others could convert to weight map and if I could somehow provide them with my weightmapping. It would be great to share stuff but I'm not sure without permission that I could.

Is Nursoda still around and making things?
He (she?) is at Renderosity. The newest item has two reviews, both from April of this year. I can't see release dates on the items there, though. Seems kind of recent, though.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Sorry to hear that, I hope you get chance to start soon.

No not presumptuous...I'm just not sure I'm up to a kilt.

I really wish I could share what I'm doing. I think if you converted Hein to triax then I could share the morphs and the clothing but I'm not sure how to do the weightmapping. I may ask on the daz forums if it's possible.

I know that I was able to share a diva morph for some k4 clothing with Lorraine but the other tester found it hard to get it to work.

The body suit is really rough at the moment and would need more work.

Do you have an image of the type of kilt you're thinking of?

First attempt at using fog in the render settings.
It was really just a joke, since you made the remark about him not wearing a skirt. Don't let that stop you, though! ;)

Dana