• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Reinstalling DS, converting things to Dawn and Diva and my experiments along the way

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It's back in comments I believe...it's just really basic pants and top with black and white in diffuse and a daz logo on a geo shell.

I was mucking around with shaders.

DanaTA

Distinguished
It's back in comments I believe...it's just really basic pants and top with black and white in diffuse and a daz logo on a geo shell.

Thanks. Some in the DAZ forums pointed me to that and I got it.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm really super excited at the moment. Daz is releasing Genesis 9 with DS4.21 and it's a unified figure. Male and female in one figure...

That was one of the reasons I stopped using Genesis as much. I hated that they went back to 2 figures.
That's one of the reasons I gave up after Genesis 1 and 2. I didn't like the separate figures. Of course, Poser figures are, for the most part, 2 separate figures, but I liked the one figure for both when Genesis first started. It was different, and I thought it gave us a lot of options that a single figure doesn't.

Then again, that's how La Femme and L'Homme started as well, though in their case, La Femme was the main figure, and L'Homme was just a male morph of her. Reminds me back when V4 first came out as, IIRC, she had a "male" figure morph as well.

Miss B

CV-BEE

Ohhh, I shut off the video early, also because I was getting ready to eat dinner. Hmmm, I'll have to go see if I can find it, not that I use DS anymore on this laptop.

Miss B

CV-BEE
There was a link in the comments to a Caryl Outfit v2, is that it, or is that something else folks in the comments area were talking about?

Edited to Add: OK, I scrolled back the video to the end, and he mentions the free outfit by him and Fugazi, so that must be it, as that's what the comment said where the link was given.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I tried Esha's trick for rigging and have found it works really well. If you have a look at the kneeling 2 images one is conformed only and the other simulated.
Please note at this point there are no constraints on the mesh and I'm using gravity at 1 I normally have it on point 5.

I intend to eventually when the mesh is more complete create a waistband surface that dforce won't see and this should fix some of the bagginess around the crotch area.

Still working my way thru the everyday poses.
himesh conforming only Kneeling 02.jpghimesh simulatedKneeling 02.jpg
himesh simulated jumping 01.jpghimesh simulated jumping 02.jpghimesh simulated jumping 03.jpghimesh simulated Kneeling 01.jpg
himesh simulatedKneeling 03.jpghimesh simulatedLyindDown01.jpghimeshdancing01 simulated.jpghimeshdancing02 simulated.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Couple of running ones from last night. I'm up really early as I couldn't sleep. I really like the drape on this mesh but I still have to work out how best to stop the crotch from stretching too much. I need to play around with the settings in the surface tab so I can understand what some of them actually do.

himesh simulatedrunning 01.jpgrunning 02.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
Couple of running ones from last night. I'm up really early as I couldn't sleep. I really like the drape on this mesh but I still have to work out how best to stop the crotch from stretching too much. I need to play around with the settings in the surface tab so I can understand what some of them actually do.

View attachment 75808View attachment 75809
I think there's a thing you can use to make an area have less stretch and less dynamic reaction. But I'm not sure what it is, I've not done anything like this.

Dana

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...Yep...there is, I just haven't figured out the best way to do this yet! I'll get there at the moment this is just a mesh to play with. It would need more detailing. This is my first time really exploring what I can and can't do with dforce.
I have a better understanding of how it affects the mesh when I switch off visibility.
I'm going to be spending a lot of time testing different settings. What I'm doing at the moment is creating a base line where I know the mesh works.
There is a whole heap of settings in the surfaces tab I still need to play with.

I have 13 more poses to test with the base line and then I'll start with things like stiffness, dynamics strength and damping to mention just a few.

I was looking at an outfit at daz which had over 10 different shaders just for dynamics that included things like bounce, cloth weight dynamics strength.

I have a lot of work to do.

DanaTA

Distinguished
lol...Yep...there is, I just haven't figured out the best way to do this yet! I'll get there at the moment this is just a mesh to play with. It would need more detailing. This is my first time really exploring what I can and can't do with dforce.
I have a better understanding of how it affects the mesh when I switch off visibility.
I'm going to be spending a lot of time testing different settings. What I'm doing at the moment is creating a base line where I know the mesh works.
There is a whole heap of settings in the surfaces tab I still need to play with.

I have 13 more poses to test with the base line and then I'll start with things like stiffness, dynamics strength and damping to mention just a few.

I was looking at an outfit at daz which had over 10 different shaders just for dynamics that included things like bounce, cloth weight dynamics strength.

I have a lot of work to do.
Oh, crap! I may never catch up to this stuff! :oops: :confused:

Dana

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I frequently feel that way Dana...it's like you start to get a handle on it and something changes.

For me it's about continuing to learn and if I never get there totally it's okay as long as I don't stagnate and my brain turn to mush.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Some of these sitting poses are taking a while to get them to work. I would imagine that it would have to be done for any dforce item. Essentially I start the timeline with the chair away from the figure and move it in on the 15th keyframe otherwise it can create issues.sitting01.jpgsitting02.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
This one had exploded but I moved the chair away and it was a lovely drape. I'm trying something different with the chair.
Sometimes it's as simple as the chair coming from the side instead of from the back.

Attachments

• sitting03.jpg
    sitting03.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 99

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Poses all work with pants didn't notice any huge issues when conformed only except around the feet so before saving as a template I'll need to do some work on that.
Simulation at gravity 1 causes a lot of stretching in terms of length.
sitting04.jpgstanding 01.jpgstanding 02.jpgstanding 03.jpgstanding 04.jpgWalking 01.jpgWalking 02.jpgWalking 03.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Spot the differences. Friction goes from .2 , .4, .6 , .8 to 1 in order of the images. I'm seeing only very minor differences here. Feel free to point out some if you see them. Slight difference on point 4 back leg

Dancing 02 friction standard 1.jpgDancing 02 friction standard point 2.jpgDancing 02 friction standard point 4.jpgDancing 02 friction standard point 6.jpgDancing 02 friction standard point 8.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Spot the differences. Friction goes from .2 , .4, .6 , .8 to 1 in order of the images. I'm seeing only very minor differences here. Feel free to point out some if you see them. Slight difference on point 4 back leg
Yes I can see the draping is slightly different.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yes very slight differences only. The first to show more change was Collision offset and the dynamic strength which I'm doing now.
Dancing 02 collision layer 1.pngDancing 02 Collision layer 5.jpgDancing 02 Collision layer 20.jpgDancing 02 Collision layer 40.jpgDancing 02 Collision layer 60.jpgDancing 02 Collision layer 100.jpg
CollisionLayer has very minor differences.