• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Reinstalling DS, converting things to Dawn and Diva and my experiments along the way

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I've look all over for John Hoagland's classic GeomStripper but can't find it on the web like it's been scrubbed away. There is another option but in order to get the exe you have to deal with owning more tools than you would have to own and for me it was worth it but since your only need is really the Poser File Editor it wouldn't be worth it.

Poser Power Tools 3D Software : Poser : Daz Studio Dimension3D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I love the Poser File Editor, and luckily for me, since I'm not a vendor, I bought it when it was sold separately. I think they grouped a bunch of D3D's goodies after he passed away.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I actually own the Poser File Editor iirc...I bought it a long time ago from Rendo.

In regards to the spaghetti issue I think it's a set up issue because I think the problem is the bones aren't aligning.

Maybe I need to copy morphs from the figure and then load my object file before saving as an injection? It should then hopefully adjust for Diva.

That said it's all a bit pointless until I can figure out why Poser is not reading the object files on the external drive I'm using for my content. It will read the same type of file on a different drive which is also external.

What's even more puzzling is it did read them first off by now it won't. My husband who was a computer programmer says it's a windows issue.

What I tried didn't work. I was playing with the permissions and properties and at this point I'm not sure how to fix it. So I'm back to sorting out my runtime while I think about it some more.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I actually own the Poser File Editor iirc...I bought it a long time ago from Rendo.

In regards to the spaghetti issue I think it's a set up issue because I think the problem is the bones aren't aligning.

Maybe I need to copy morphs from the figure and then load my object file before saving as an injection? It should then hopefully adjust for Diva.

That said it's all a bit pointless until I can figure out why Poser is not reading the object files on the external drive I'm using for my content. It will read the same type of file on a different drive which is also external.

What's even more puzzling is it did read them first off by now it won't. My husband who was a computer programmer says it's a windows issue.

What I tried didn't work. I was playing with the permissions and properties and at this point I'm not sure how to fix it. So I'm back to sorting out my runtime while I think about it some more.
Is the external drive by chance a Western Digital My Cloud Home drive? I had a problem with mine a few weeks ago. Turns out they did an update to the drivers and I had to reinstall the software and them it was fine. I had some backups running that put the backups on that drive, suddenly the backups were failing.

Dana

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It was a WD Elements but I don't remember it being a My Cloud Home Drive. That's a possibility...I assume I look for driver downloads for my specific model?

It's just really odd that one minute it was working in poser and I could see the object files from Poser and the next it's not. I was thinking along the lines of reinstalling Poser in case something had become corrupt...I don't think it would be windows as I think that would apply to all the drives.

We'll get there eventually. At the moment I'm setting up all my old content so that it's easier to find in Poser and also hopefully will make Poser load a bit more quickly. The character tab has already started to work way quicker than previously.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I hate when something works one minute, and doesn't the next minute. I haven't seen anything like that in a while, but I remember when I used to see it fairly often, though not necessarily in Poser.

Anyway, take your time, and everything will work out in the end. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm sure it will...I've been enjoying checking out the old content while shifting the files around. I have some beautiful V4 characters that I'm now wondering if it's possible to weightmap her. I know that someone was looking at that years ago...I wonder if they ever released her. I'd love to play with her like I do with characters built on the genesis platform.

I'm just reinstalling poser at the moment and this time I've run it as the administrator which I didn't do previously. Edited to add still not showing up but I was thinking as it was reinstalling that I probably should have restarted and also run crap cleaner before doing a fresh install. So I'll probably try that later.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm sure it will...I've been enjoying checking out the old content while shifting the files around. I have some beautiful V4 characters that I'm now wondering if it's possible to weightmap her. I know that someone was looking at that years ago...I wonder if they ever released her. I'd love to play with her like I do with characters built on the genesis platform.
If you're talking about SASHA, yes she was released, in fact I'm thinking of installing her soon, though probably in her own Runtime, as Karina set things up a bit differently than we would normally do.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Yes, just checked, she was from RuntimeDNA. Creator was phantom3D. Documentation says it is under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License, whatever that means. Filename is V4WM_update.zip. there were two other files, I don't know if they were with it or not. One of them has Glitterati3D's name in it. So maybe they were just distributed at the same time.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhh, didn't remember that Weight Mapped V4. I don't think I have that one. I'll have to check my external backup drives, because I know I don't have any RDNA stuff in my backup files on this computer.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, it turns out I do have it, though my file says RDNA-WeightMappedV4-Update, so most likely the same character.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I just checked the zip file, and the Documentation folder has a file that names phantom3D, so it's definitely the same one you have.

Forgot all about that one, so thanks for the remind.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I was actually thinking for use in DS rather than Poser but never mind for now I have too many things I already should be doing.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So I've managed to get it working it was something stupid I was doing. Moral is don't try and do crap while having a blah day.

I can now load the morph but it's still not doing as well as this morning. I have feeling it will turn out to be something else I'm doing stupidly.
I'm going to try again tomorrow when I'm hopefully fresher...

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yay! First part done. I've managed to load the morphs for both pants and camisole. Now to the hard part of exporting a working injection.

Process took a few attempts. Mainly I think because the original mesh loads slightly off y rotation which disappears when you conform it to Dawn.
The mesh does this in both programs not sure why that is.
The process I used was.
Export object from DS.
In Poser, load original mesh and conform to Dawn.
Load FBM.

Interestingly once I loaded it automatically showed up on the figure without dialling in the parameters tab.
Am I right in thinking that Poser like DS will automatically apply a morph in clothing if a morph by the same name is dialled in the figure it's conforming to?
Now to test if it will pose without turning into spaghetti.
MorphLoaded for cami and briefs.png

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay so it's posing without spaghetti. In DS if I had an issue with poke thru when posing I add a smoothing modifier which gives me collision. Which with smoothing solves most poke thru. I also have push modifiers that allow me to push the mesh away from the body and the distance can be set to suit the issue.

My question is how does it get dealt with in Poser?
Poke thru.png