• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Reinstalling DS, converting things to Dawn and Diva and my experiments along the way

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
So all the injection folders directly under Runtime can't be moved?

I also seem to have a morph folder and a PMD folder. Which is the correct place to save a morph to?

View attachment 75775
OK, I'm a bit confused. Is your screenshot from Poser 11, or DS 4? The Support, for instance, is a DS folder from what I remember of them. I don't have DS installed on this laptop, so don't recall them exactly.

OK, I'm thinking that's just a view of the folder from Windows File Explorer, and not actually your Runtime > Library. You have a Geometries folder, and a Geometry folder, and I'm wondering why, as I've never seen that before.

This is what my Poser 11 Runtime folder looks like.

Poser11RuntimeSetup.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I thought that might be the case.

So when I package these textures they should be under Materials but I still need to know the answer to which of these folders in the Materials folder would it be best to place my folder.
So opening up Poser to do the mats and I have another question. In DS the mats go in the folder of the clothing it goes with.
In Poser you have separate tabs.
The clothing is under Hivewire/Dawn/Clothing/3duniverse
In the materials tab the 3dUniverse mats are all together under Dawn/3Duniverse with no distinction between character mats and clothing.
There is however another folder under Dawn for Clothing.

So my question is should I put inside the 3DUniverse folder or in the clothing folder?

My preference would be to put it into clothing as that's where I would look first. I also know that in DS that's how 3DUniverse did it. That he put the clothing in a folder under Dawn/Clothing.

So what do you think?
OK, I'm a bit confused. Is your screenshot from Poser 11, or DS 4? The Support, for instance, is a DS folder from what I remember of them. I don't have DS installed on this laptop, so don't recall them exactly.

OK, I'm thinking that's just a view of the folder from Windows File Explorer, and not actually your Runtime > Library. You have a Geometries folder, and a Geometry folder, and I'm wondering why, as I've never seen that before.

This is what my Poser 11 Runtime folder looks like.

View attachment 75776
The screenshot was done in windows. Sorry if I confused you...can you get that up in Poser? I thought you could only see things via the tabs?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
The two geometry folders are because that's where someone put their geometry, not me I put mine in the Geometries where it's supposed to go.

I've not been game to move it in case I stuff up the item it relates to.

Miss B

CV-BEE
The two geometry folders are because that's where someone put their geometry, not me I put mine in the Geometries where it's supposed to go.

I've not been game to move it in case I stuff up the item it relates to.
Ahhh, OK. Correct leave it that way.

Miss B

CV-BEE
So when I package these textures they should be under Materials but I still need to know the answer to which of these folders in the Materials folder would it be best to place my folder.
Hmmm, I'm not sure. I have to get off here for tonight, as it's getting very late, but I'll check some of the products I've purchased recently to see how they do that. My mind set is mostly how "I" as the end user would have it set up.

DanaTA

Distinguished
OK, sorry . . . I should've been more specific. When creating a set as a product you want to sell, you put them in the specific folders they are for. IOW, Materials go in the Materials library, Props go in the Props library and so forth. What I was mentioning above was how YOU would work with YOUR personal Runtime, not the runtime of a customer who buys your product. Renderosity wouldn't accept it otherwise. It's up to the end user to decide where to install things such as Materials, Props, etc.
That's exactly how I tell it for vendors at my site! If the customer wants to move things around, that's their privilege, but let's not make them hunt for things. Some are new and never messed with these things. Even I don't usually, not that I'm an expert of any sort.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B...night!

@DanaTA , yes it's different when setting up for releasing to others. That's why I was trying to work it out as I want to put them in the correct spots.

That said I've been playing with my runtime in Windows organising it better so I can find things easier in Poser. I haven't needed to worry as I use categories in DS and I have all my Poser and Ds stuff in the same folders. Which means I have my poser poses for dawn and ds ones in the same place. Same for clothing.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Do this:

Make a directory on your hard drive to correspond with your projected asset name. ie. "AAA"

Open the directory. It will be empty.

Make another directory called "Runtime" Capitalization not important.

Open P11 and using the little library book + icon add a new runtime to your P11. The runtime you add is the one you made for your product. In our case "AAA." Done.

"But pdg; why am I adding an empty runtime to my Poser. I haven't even finished the project yet?" Never fear. You just made your product runtime and set it up for packaging and distribution.

Close Poser. Look in your "AAA" directory tree. Underneath the "Runtime" directory you will find a complete Poser runtime has been created for you. All the directories are there. After that it should be self explanatory. Place your files in the appropriate directories. Zip up everything and your packaging is complete.

No need to try and figure out what is going on via someone else file structure. Especially when you are mixing the assets from different software into the same directory structure.This method gives you the exact file structure you need. No need to provide you a blank for this.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Also, make sure your OBJ's and PMD's are in the Geometries folder, they are not allowed in the main library directories. I do believe as well that the props OBJ must be put into the Geometries folder as well. I know when you save out a prop the obj information is recorded into the PP2 file but it's also a no-no. I know your doing some dynamic stuff and that, in Poser, is saved out, usually, as a PP2 file. Now a hybrid, I'm guessing, would be a CR2.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That said I've been playing with my runtime in Windows organising it better so I can find things easier in Poser.
OK, that explains what I was looking at in your screenshot. I had a feeling it was one Runtime for both apps.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Do this:

Make a directory on your hard drive to correspond with your projected asset name. ie. "AAA"

Open P11 and using the little library book + icon add a new runtime to your P11. The runtime you add is the one you made for your product. In our case "AAA." Done.

"But pdg; why am I adding an empty runtime to my Poser. I haven't even finished the project yet?" Never fear. You just made your product runtime and set it up for packaging and distribution.

Close Poser. Look in your "AAA" directory tree. Underneath the "Runtime" directory you will find a complete Poser runtime has been created for you. All the directories are there. After that it should be self explanatory. Place your files in the appropriate directories. Zip up everything and your packaging is complete.

No need to try and figure out what is going on via someone else file structure. Especially when you are mixing the assets from different software into the same directory structure.This method gives you the exact file structure you need. No need to provide you a blank for this.
An excellent example of what's needed PDG. I even have a separate Runtime for those items I beta test, because they shouldn't be in my official Poser 11 or Poser 12 Runtimes until they're "in the store", so to speak.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Do this:

Thanks for the explanation. I have an empty runtime structure that I use when packaging things up that hivewire provided to their vendors.

My problem is that under material in poser 3d universes mats for Alexis and her clothing are directly under the hivewire folder.

There is also a specific folder for clothing.

In ds his clothing is in a separate folder under clothing. I would normally do the same in poser.

However because his clothing is in another folder I'm not sure which I should use.

I'm thinking people will find it more easily if it's in clothing.

Miss B

CV-BEE
My problem is that under material in poser 3d universes mats for Alexis and her clothing are directly under the hivewire folder.
Ohhh, now that you mention it, when I was beta testing some of Doug's freebie/goodies recently, he mentioned a Renderosity rep told him to do it that way because Dawn is a HiveWire character.

OK, I just checked one of them he did for Dusk, and it's set up in Libraries > Materials > Hivewire 3D > Dusk > Hunter_D (his vendor name) > (name of outfit) > (the material files)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That sounds like it needs to go in the folder with the 3DUniverse items under Hivewire but not under clothing.

Thanks Miss B! I know where to place it now. I would have it put under Hivewire/Dawn/Clothing but with the original mats not in there it could confuse people.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So the geometry folder in the runtime was really bugging me. So when I got home from doctors appointments with mum and dad I opened the pp2's in Notepad++ and I changed the reference, shifted the folder to Geometries and now it's not annoying me anymore! Yay!

And yes, I can be anal about where folders are supposed to go...

Attachments

• carriage house geometry folder fixed.jpg
    carriage house geometry folder fixed.jpg
    954.5 KB · Views: 120

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's good that you got it into the regular Geometries folder. That looks like something 1971s would create, as he/they do those medieval style buildings.

DanaTA

Distinguished
So the geometry folder in the runtime was really bugging me. So when I got home from doctors appointments with mum and dad I opened the pp2's in Notepad++ and I changed the reference, shifted the folder to Geometries and now it's not annoying me anymore! Yay!

Looks like a medieval version of a Tiny House, which seems to be a rage these days. Very well done!

Dana

parkdalegardener

Adventurous

Take a look in Rendo's freestuff for a utility from Vanishing Point called GeomStripper or something to that effect. Does the stripping and file reference changes for you. It's old and it works.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the tip it's fairly easy to change references in the paths of a small number of files though. If I was planning on doing lots that would be worthwhile to have.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So I managed to load the file and create the injection.

I have two issues.

First issue was that the top turned to spaghetti when conformed. Now from memory I had similar issues with Diva when creating her and had to align the bones to the body somehow. Problem is I can't remember how I did it.

2nd issue, I decided I didn't like where the injection was so I deleted the file and then went to reload the morph. The problem is poser no longer sees the object files on that drive.

It does see the same type of object files on a different drive. So I'm thinking it's a windows issue. I'm trying something now and hopefully it will work.

Attachments

• loaded morph.png
    loaded morph.png
    685.6 KB · Views: 110