• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Reinstalling DS, converting things to Dawn and Diva and my experiments along the way

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Blanks to make the inj and rem. They have been stable since version 6.

Here's a pose file to inject a PMD:
{
version
{
number 6
}
injectPMDFileMorphs mywonderfulmorphs.pmd
}
Here's how to remove the morphs contained in a PMD:
{
version
{
number 6
}
removePMDFileMorphs mywonderfulmorphs.pmd
}

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thank you! I will give it a try later today.

Question on your second post with the pose file:
1. What do I do to get the code as a pmd. (remember when it comes to poser I need step by step instructions or I will muck it up)Is it as simple as copying and pasting it in Notepad++ and then how do I save it?
2. I'm assuming I switch 'mywonderfulmorphs' with the name of my morph? In DS I name the morph plDiva as it will automatically follow when the morph is dialled in. Will that work in Poser?

I have morphs created in DS that I can either export as a cr2 or as an object.

I'm thinking that it will need to be the object and then load full body morph.

Now I just need to work out how to do the dforce dress/

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So I've been doing some more work on the dress I was playing with in Zbrush.
It's dforce
I made a number of surface groups. More will probably occur. I'm thinking trims for sleeves and full length skirt. I don't want to break it up too much but want it to be as usable as possible.
Mesh near sleeves still needs to be adjusted. Creating surface groups helps to show where changes are needed to the mesh. I already altered the bodice group to allow two choices.

surfacegroupsfront.jpgsurfacegroupsback.jpg

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Yes load a blank figure.

import the modified obj as a full body morph

spawn pmd

use notepad++ and replace my wonderfulmorphs with the name of your morph.

save as injyourmorph.pz2 (important no carriage returns to mess up the formatting between the brackets)

Do the same to the second file and name it remyourmorph.pz2

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks, hopefully from what you've posted I'll be able to work it out.

I don't normally do Poser, probably for very similar reasons to why you don't do DS.

Hybrid dynamic? Interesting in DS dynamics for clothing it requires a basic weightmap to allow conform to the figure. I can then turn off various surface groups from simulating. For example if I don't want the neck to simulate I can stop it from doing so. Sounds similar...

What's being shown are surfaces...

Your help is really appreciated as I would like to do things for both programs but I find Poser really hard to understand.

Thanks

Pen

Last edited:

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Hybrid dynamic is probably not a defined file type in Poser but it is as you describe. An underutilized concept that can't have been invented by me. Lime green group and up make conforming like any cloth. Everything below the green would be grouped default dynamic. Result is a dress that conforms to the figure but moves naturally with the figure's motions from the hips down. If you do a sim or two with the dress you can export frames as morph targets for the dress that allow you to fit to particular poses without doing an entire sim.

An example would be Dawn at a barn dance with Harry and friends in the stalls along the side.( never happen in reality without the horses losing it). Dusk gives dawn a twirl. That would take a sim to get a dynamic dress to flow outward and upward as Dawn twirls. Just do the sim. grab a frame where the skirt expands outward and rises. Export a morph from the sim of the dress at that point and export the pose as well. This results in dress and Dawn "hoe down" poses without the need to run simulations on the cloth. Export a few frames from the simple twirl and you get a set of poses for Dawn and a matching set of poses for the dress.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
A question about the conform/dynamic set up. So in the Fitting room would one just turn off all the bones from the Hip down and that would do the trick or how do you go about that parkdalegardener? I'm not good at the Setup room so I stick with the Fitting room

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Fitting room and Setup room are basically the same thing, but yes. Leave the garment as a single piece. Copy bones from neck to waist and arms to wrist leaving the hip downward unrigged. Make all the unrigged part of the dress the default dynamic group. You get a conforming dress from above the hip and a dynamic dress from the hip down. If you run a few sims with the dress you can export individual frames of the simulations to use as poses for the figure and as morphs for the dress. A complete product if you have a texture artist.

Dress, action poses for the figure, dress morphs to match so a user doesn't have to run simulations, a few texture options if you have them. Good value bundle as the work for the poses and morphs basically does itself except for the time packaging. Less time for a more complete bundle gives the artist the ability to offer a good value product bundle without having to give up the cost in production time.

Your end user can then use the Poser command "Copy Morphs From" to put their character morphs directly into the bodice of the conforming top part of the dress to make simulations almost completely un-necessary for standing poses. Morphs, transmaps, or material zones for length would also help for that.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
More info... great questions Ram!

Thanks for the additional info!

Plan for today is to try and finish creating the mats for the camisole and to create the morph for diva. Once that's done I can rerender the icons for the mats ready to pack them up and release them.
As it's a nice day here though I'm going to try and do some tidying up in the garden also.

For those who might be interested I finished the scarf/ shawl in time for my daughters birthday yesterday. Also I just thought I'd post an image of my helpers yesterday when I was working on the dress in ds.

20220914_131733.jpg20220914_084517.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Glad to hear you finished the scarf for your daughter in time for her birthday.

Those are 2 very cute kitties you have. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yes, I was very pleased. Due to covid I didn't get it started as soon as I would like.

Yes, they are Steve's boys. He treats them like his kids. And they are really cute.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So opening up Poser to do the mats and I have another question. In DS the mats go in the folder of the clothing it goes with.
In Poser you have separate tabs.
The clothing is under Hivewire/Dawn/Clothing/3duniverse
In the materials tab the 3dUniverse mats are all together under Dawn/3Duniverse with no distinction between character mats and clothing.
There is however another folder under Dawn for Clothing.

So my question is should I put inside the 3DUniverse folder or in the clothing folder?

My preference would be to put it into clothing as that's where I would look first. I also know that in DS that's how 3DUniverse did it. That he put the clothing in a folder under Dawn/Clothing.

So what do you think?

Miss B

CV-BEE
So opening up Poser to do the mats and I have another question. In DS the mats go in the folder of the clothing it goes with.
In Poser you have separate tabs.
The clothing is under Hivewire/Dawn/Clothing/3duniverse
In the materials tab the 3dUniverse mats are all together under Dawn/3Duniverse with no distinction between character mats and clothing.
There is however another folder under Dawn for Clothing.

So my question is should I put inside the 3DUniverse folder or in the clothing folder?

My preference would be to put it into clothing as that's where I would look first. I also know that in DS that's how 3DUniverse did it. That he put the clothing in a folder under Dawn/Clothing.

So what do you think?
In Poser, there are 3 folders that MUST be exactly in the folders in your Runtime, those being, Geometries, Textures and Morphs if you have set up separate Morphs. Everything else like Materials and such, I usually put with the clothing the materials are for. IOW, the Mats I'm working on (slowly but surely) I will be putting in a subfolder under DawnSE > Clothing > Alexis Top and Shorts > Miss B's Mats (or something similarly named).

I often have material sets from different vendors for the same product, so each is in a separate subfolder with the clothing the materials are for. I always hated having to climb out of the Character/Clothing library to go down into the Materials library back in Poser 5. That's one of the reasons I switched to DS for a few years before coming back to Poser.

With the newer versions of Poser I've used (P9, P11 & P12), that's no longer necessary. The OBJs and Textures yes, because when you select a character or a piece of clothing, you don't have direct access to the Geometries and/or Textures folders, but with Materials, you do, so not as important as to where in the Runtime > Libraries they are, so you do what's more convenient/easy for you to work with.

I also do that with pieces of clothing that are Props, such as shoes/boots, etc. I also put them with the rest of the clothing, and name them XXX Props so you know they belong to that set of clothing.

Hope that helps.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Last texture the mats are done...
So do you actually have them show under the figure library?

Can I save mat files to that tab or do I have to save in the material files and then move it when I package it up?

If I understand you correctly I can put them directly into the figure clothing folder?

Off to experiment with this.
pinkroses onblue.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So all the injection folders directly under Runtime can't be moved?

I also seem to have a morph folder and a PMD folder. Which is the correct place to save a morph to?

file structure.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Last texture the mats are done...
So do you actually have them show under the figure library?

Can I save mat files to that tab or do I have to save in the material files and then move it when I package it up?

If I understand you correctly I can put them directly into the figure clothing folder?
OK, sorry . . . I should've been more specific. When creating a set as a product you want to sell, you put them in the specific folders they are for. IOW, Materials go in the Materials library, Props go in the Props library and so forth. What I was mentioning above was how YOU would work with YOUR personal Runtime, not the runtime of a customer who buys your product. Renderosity wouldn't accept it otherwise. It's up to the end user to decide where to install things such as Materials, Props, etc.