• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Reinstalling DS, converting things to Dawn and Diva and my experiments along the way

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I just found this in my clothing folder. I seem to have set it up and even made a mat but I can't find it on either sharecg or Rendo which makes me think I didn't release it? I did it around the same time as the genesis one.View attachment 75636
I discovered this was released during FantasieAttics Christmas freebies. I will upload the finished file to Rendo and ShareCG as it's already been tested. Will convert this to Genesis 8 as well.

Back to the camisole I've tested it with a number of poses with no issues except for poke thru which I don't know how to fix in Poser. In DS I have other tools that would make it unimportant. I'm assuming that most Poser users would know how to deal with that.

So, some questions in regards to export morph injections.

Is it best practice to export while the morph is dialled in or with the garment zeroed?

Does the Camisole need to be selected or the Body of the camisole?

blue roses on Diva.png

Last edited:

DanaTA

Distinguished
Okay so it's posing without spaghetti. In DS if I had an issue with poke thru when posing I add a smoothing modifier which gives me collision. Which with smoothing solves most poke thru. I also have push modifiers that allow me to push the mesh away from the body and the distance can be set to suit the issue.

My question is how does it get dealt with in Poser?View attachment 75785
Magnets?

Dana

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
And how to use magnets? That is the question...if there is a way to stuff things up in poser I not only can but will find it...lol

I'm going out in a little while so I've decided to play with the pants I showed before in DS.

Not happy with the mesh so I've played with it a bit in ZBrush and lowered the number of polys. I'm currently playing in DS to see if it still works as nicely.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Okay so it's posing without spaghetti. In DS if I had an issue with poke thru when posing I add a smoothing modifier which gives me collision. Which with smoothing solves most poke thru. I also have push modifiers that allow me to push the mesh away from the body and the distance can be set to suit the issue.

My question is how does it get dealt with in Poser?
I usually use the Morph Brush, but that will take some time getting used to. In this case you want the hem of the Camisole to be raised out of her body. There are settings and area sizes that can be used.

Unfortunately, I'm about to sit down and have dinner, so can't explain it any further until later.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
No worries Miss B. I'll only really need to know for the promos.

More concerned about my other questions but I might message Ken about those.

Miss B

CV-BEE
So, some questions in regards to export morph injections.

Is it best practice to export while the morph is dialled in or with the garment zeroed?
I'm not sure, but I believe, judging from the way some of Doug's goodies worked while I was testing them, they load with the morph at zero, and then you dial it in as you need it, so I'm "thinking" you would export it with the morph at zero.

Does the Camisole need to be selected or the Body of the camisole?
As a general rule, I always select the Body, though I've seen some items load up with the Hip selected. I'm not quite sure what the difference would be, but I think the Body actor is the most commonly used.

Double check with Ken and see what he says.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just got home. I hope you enjoyed your dinner. I went to Ikea with my husband and son to look at stuff and ended up buying some of their meatballs to do with tea. I was thinking mashed potatoes, onion and gravy plus some veg. Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Shop for desert...

I haven't contacted Ken yet but I will do so this afternoon.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
In Australia near where I am they also sell swedish foods. I also bought some ginger biscuits it's the only place I can get the thin ones to use with blue cheese and pears. I use the Castello blue as I'm not into the really strong blue cheeses but with ginger biscuits the Castello is really yummy.

I have a swedish friend who introduced me to the biscuits.

Edited to add: she also makes this fantastic sandwich cake which I got the recipe for but have never been game to try it. One day...

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Just in case you're interested Food & beverages
If you scroll down you'll see a pic of the meatballs with mashed potato, gravy, onions and peas. Thats what I'm planning. I forgot to buy the preserve they have in the pic though.

I bought the red packet Look what I found at IKEA - meatballs
WOW, those look delish! Now I would probably try the Chicken Meatballs, though that burger at the bottom of the page looks good too. ;)

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
I'm also surprised, as I've never seen that here in the U.S.
I didn't realize there were Ikea stores that did not sell meatballs or lingonberry jam. The stores are like rat mazes here. You are forced to stop at the cafe and refuel just to make it the rest of the way to the checkout. Takes hours to get through it seems. There is a larger selection of stuff on that list than they have here.

Cloudberries, back where I come from out east; are called bakeapples. They make excellent gin and a pretty passable wine. I've never seen them used as jam like shown. They were hard to come by. They grow in the tundra and the rock lichen. Lingon berries are known back home as partridge berries and are more than plentyful. Jam and wine. NFLD, or NL now I guess; is pretty darn cold and dark in the winter. Alcohol production was a popular pastime. I occasionally get a bottle of cloudberry gin sent out from a local distillery back home to have on the bar at Christmas. Makes people feel homey.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Rich! That was very kind of you!
I didn't realize there were Ikea stores that did not sell meatballs or lingonberry jam. The stores are like rat mazes here. You are forced to stop at the cafe and refuel just to make it the rest of the way to the checkout. Takes hours to get through it seems. There is a larger selection of stuff on that list than they have here.

Cloudberries, back where I come from out east; are called bakeapples. They make excellent gin and a pretty passable wine. I've never seen them used as jam like shown. They were hard to come by. They grow in the tundra and the rock lichen. Lingon berries are known back home as partridge berries and are more than plentyful. Jam and wine. NFLD, or NL now I guess; is pretty darn cold and dark in the winter. Alcohol production was a popular pastime. I occasionally get a bottle of cloudberry gin sent out from a local distillery back home to have on the bar at Christmas. Makes people feel homey.
They are huge and the restaurants are conveniently placed. Most fruit can be made into alcohol as well as preserves. My mums step mum used to make elderberry wine.

The meatballs were yummy but the potatoes had sprouted and we had chips instead. Which was a shame as I really was looking forward to it. Unfortunately it's spring and even keeping them in a dark cupboard doesn't stop them sprouting.

Today it's beautiful outside. Hopefully it will stay that way. We've had a lot of rain lately and the ground squelches.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Spent the last few days fairly busy with family stuff when I got chance I've been sorting out the runtime area so it will work with Poser better.

Had a play with some items this morning and last thing last night.

Genesis with a dforced lion dress. Still needs a bit of work to get it to play nicely...
lion dress dforced.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That was my thoughts. It was just a quick play with it.

I'm really super excited at the moment. Daz is releasing Genesis 9 with DS4.21 and it's a unified figure. Male and female in one figure...

That was one of the reasons I stopped using Genesis as much. I hated that they went back to 2 figures.

Genesis 8 wearing the freebie released for Genesis 9 at the livestreamed announcement.

I'm like a kid at Christmas...

Attachments

• fitted to and morphed to fit fwnwaia 8.jpg
    fitted to and morphed to fit fwnwaia 8.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 102

DanaTA

Distinguished
That was the freebie? I missed the link because supper was ready, so I had to shut down. :confused: I guess I didn't miss too much.

Dana