• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Reinstalling DS, converting things to Dawn and Diva and my experiments along the way

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
all you have to do Miss B is take one of the texture sets into your favorite graphics program and use that as the template! ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's the problem Rich, there aren't any texture "sets". It's just the one set, and it loads automatically when you load the pieces of clothing. :(

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'll have a look and check Miss B...I might have but if I did it would have been years ago. I would have taken it into uv layout if there were none but normally things come with maps.
Good looking stuff, Pendraia! I have Willow, I think. Not sure about this Alexis, though. Don't know if I have any of these outfits, either.

Dana
Thanks Dana! If you have willow you'll have the sneakers as they come with the character. I have got some partial textures for willow's dress that I started years back. I'll dig them out and post what I've got. The pants and top in the recent images are Ram's training gear. The original top I was using was a free bathing suit 3d universe did for dawn but when I was checking for a poser version I discovered it was no longer available.
Eventually I plan on doing some of my own outfits. I have a dress for dawn 2 but can't really work on it until she's released as I'm not sure that what I have has the final rig for her.

DanaTA

Distinguished
OK, then. I don't think I have a lot of outfits for Dawn. I have a couple of things for Baby Luna. Haven't had a lot of money to play with in the past few years. Inspiration was also on short supply.

Dana

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I feel it Dana, I've had similar issues. What do you have for Luna?

@Miss B , I couldn't see a template in the zip for Alexis so it looks like you're right. Can I give you the templates I made? IIRC that's okay. I seem to remember Snow Sultan doing ones for the morphing dress for Victoria years back.

Willow dress texture it's a wip. Not sure why there's pink showing up on the lace I'll have to have a look in PS. This one is the most complete
Willowdressrose.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Note: the surface settings haven't been set up yet on these they're just basically textures with a few tweaks still needs more work.

Attachments

• celestial version.jpg
    celestial version.jpg
    934 KB · Views: 102

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Lots of half finished textures so lots to play with at the moment.

Last edited:

DanaTA

Distinguished
I feel it Dana, I've had similar issues. What do you have for Luna?
I have the Sleeper that Glitterati made, The Cap, Longsleeve, Sweat Pants, Cellie Sci-Fi that Doug just released, Celestial Angel that you made (says for Long sleeve and jeans...don't have jeans, I don't think), and Christmas for the Baby Luna Sleeper texture that I made a few years ago. A couple other things that Glitterati had on my site before she left. Thought I had a little more, but that seems to be it.

Dana

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure if I have Glitterati's sleeper, it might just not be installed. I have the longsleeve and the sweat pants though.

Poor little luna doesn't have a huge amount to wear. I haven't gotten any of Doug's things as he makes for Poser and I don't have that installed yet.
He does have some freebies on Rendo though.
luna wearing frills and spills using dforce.jpg

I normally transfer stuff from Dawn or dusk using the clone, but I often have to fix with zbrush. Unfortunately there was a lot of stuff from the data file lost when I had the hard drive failure. All my morph conversions for Dawn from Poser gone. Eventually I'll redo it.

Luna wearing echo hair converted using autotransfer and dawn's clone.
Frills and spills using the transfer utility to create a figure from the prop, dforce modifier added plus smoothing modifier. It needed smoothing at 9 to look good.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B! I really need to finish a few things that survived the hard drive failure I had a few years back.

In regards to Luna and clothing I just tried to autotransfer Diva's Jeans that Glitterati made. It will need a morph update from zbrush as the tshirt does funny things in the chest area.
Please ignore the glossiness. I'm not sure why that would be happening. It's possibly set up for 3delight though.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with her?

I'm wondering if she would mind them being converted to Luna? I could also do the other sets she made and it would give Luna more clothing.

Attachments

• luna wearing divas jeans and tshirt gliterati.jpg
    luna wearing divas jeans and tshirt gliterati.jpg
    413.7 KB · Views: 98

Miss B

CV-BEE
Poor little luna doesn't have a huge amount to wear. I haven't gotten any of Doug's things as he makes for Poser and I don't have that installed yet.
He does have some freebies on Rendo though.
Yes, I beta test for him, and he has a few for Luna, though I'm not sure they're all in the store yet. He has a tendency to make things for Dawn and La Femme, as well as Dusk and L'Homme, so he makes them "family" sets by including Luna for some. :)

View attachment 75532

Luna wearing echo hair converted using autotransfer and dawn's clone.
Frills and spills using the transfer utility to create a figure from the prop, dforce modifier added plus smoothing modifier. It needed smoothing at 9 to look good.
The dress is nice, and I like what you did with Echo; nicely done. I really like working with Biscuits hair products because she includes so many morphs, you always come up with a different look each time you use the hair.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Miss B! I really need to finish a few things that survived the hard drive failure I had a few years back.

In regards to Luna and clothing I just tried to autotransfer Diva's Jeans that Glitterati made. It will need a morph update from zbrush as the tshirt does funny things in the chest area.
Please ignore the glossiness. I'm not sure why that would be happening. It's possibly set up for 3delight though.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with her?

I'm wondering if she would mind them being converted to Luna? I could also do the other sets she made and it would give Luna more clothing.
You could send her a convo, as she's here every now and then, even if she doesn't post on the forum much.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Still needs a bit of work but no cleavage at least now...

Thanks Miss B. I will have to try that and see if I have any luck.

Attachments

• luna wearing divas jeans and tshirt gliteratifixed.jpg
    luna wearing divas jeans and tshirt gliteratifixed.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 89

Miss B

CV-BEE
@Miss B , I couldn't see a template in the zip for Alexis so it looks like you're right. Can I give you the templates I made? IIRC that's okay. I seem to remember Snow Sultan doing ones for the morphing dress for Victoria years back.
If you don't mind, Pen, I would like the templates you made. I brought the top into Blender this morning and started working on UV mapping it, but it's not easy with the way he has the folds and such in the mesh, so it doesn't necessarily flow down, so marking seams is giving me a headache. :rolleyes:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I didn't change his mapping Miss B and I agree it's not very easy to texture. I'll send them in a conversation.

I could change them in DS and create an alternate uv but I don't know if that can be done in Poser?

I sent Traci a message...fingers crossed.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
That's the problem Rich, there aren't any texture "sets". It's just the one set, and it loads automatically when you load the pieces of clothing. :(
If your in Poser just go to the Material room and making sure you have the outfit selected you can easily Browse to the location by hitting the browse button and it will take you to the folder. If the outfit is solely all on one map you can drag a copy out to your desktop, open it up in your editing photo software and then you have a template.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Ram but I wasn't talking about applying a texture. In DS you can have different uv's. So for example if I went in uv layout and redid the uv's I could add an additional uv to the mesh. So the mesh would have two uv's. Like with the origianal genesis where you changed the uv's for the kids and v4 allowing you to use their textures.

Miss B the maps are sent....check your messages.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
While trying to fix an issue with getting the mesh to work with Luna I've discovered a neat trick.

If when sending the fit morph back to DS, you use the following naming it will automatically put the morph onto the outfit.

So I named the Luna morph FID: Luna which is the name autofit gives it
I put the Overwrite existing option to deltas only
and put it the path as Hidden/autofit

It will automatically update the base mesh while keeping the surfaces. I'm still needing to test the morphs.

I tried it with a dress I made for genesis 8 female autofitted to Dawn using the gen2fem clone...morph created in zbrush only needed a little bit of fine tuning in terms of fit.
dawn gen8 dforce dress.jpg