• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Reinstalling DS, converting things to Dawn and Diva and my experiments along the way

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I've had a go at doing simple sections but it never worked as I wanted it. I think I probably needed smaller sections like they show in the video.
I've finished installing characters and I'm now tidying up the parameter tab as I like all the morphs to show up under Actor. Already moved Ken's Body style 1 to where I want it...more still to do. Ken's body style 1, Lois Hair, Doe head and Connie's shimmery dress. Pose is from Designer Jeans

Attachments

• ken body style 1.jpg
    ken body style 1.jpg
    975 KB · Views: 103

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
For hair, since you have ZBrush, what I do is take the hair in it's default and export that and the figure at the scale and morph you want like Diva and then go to the Polygroups panel and if the hair comes in as one polygroup, click the the Auto Groups with UV option and the cap should now have it's own polygroup. Use the move tool to drag the hair obj to where you can see it ALMOST lined up with Diva and use the Scale option to resize it a bit if you need too (you can use the Transparency tool in ZBrush to line things up better as you will see through things so you get a better idea) then what I do is hide all hair cards or strands but leave the cap in place making sure you have the hair as a whole scaled to ALMOST fit Diva, then use the Project tool under the sub tool, click the ProjectAll button. Then go to the Deformation tab, TAP the Polish by Groups ONCE, that will slightly smooth the results, then, still in the Deformation tab, go down to the Inflate and put these values in : .50 and hit your enter key, this will move the cap to where it needs to be on Diva. Unhide the rest of the hair and if you need to move any of the cards out of her eyes or what have you now is the time to do that but use the Move Topological tool to do this so you can target specific cards to manipulate. Send the hair back to DS (or Poser) and save that as a Fit morph. This way you can retain all the other morphs that ship with the hair!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Ram, it's always useful to see how others do things. I have a process that allows me to retain the morphs that works most of the time. Sometimes it's harder for some reason. I prefer to have a figure as it will follow all the morphing you do. Diva is generally easy to do. I find that what I need to do sometime is to create a morph called Dawnfit as updating the base mesh does lose morphs and also surfaces. I use more scaling than you from the look of things. I generally find if I have a fit for dawn, all I need to do is scale it to fit it to Diva as I didn't really touch the back of the head when creating her morph.
Biscuits hairs have a dawn fit and are normally not to bad but every so often when I fit it to Dawn in DS it does weird stuff. When this happens I revert to doing a Dawn fit morph that will be saved at 100% so it loads the right size. I like to do a custom fit for Diva as the hair gets scrunched sometimes if it's longer especially.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
A quick render showing Rosie with different percentages of Diva dialled in. I'm not sure how tall I want Rosie to be or whether I should make her dependent on having Diva when I get around to the custom morph. It will probably be easier to make her one size.

Attachments

• rosie with diva at different percents.jpg
    rosie with diva at different percents.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 115

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Going thru my content library and discovered this chemise by Haigan for Dawn. It was object format which I brought into DS and created a dforce item.

Attachments

• haigans chemise object.jpg
    haigans chemise object.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 100

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Still slowly reinstalling everything. Did Dawn's clothing from Hivewire, only interesting thing was playing with Haigan's chemise. I added two surfaces so the cuffs are now separate and just threw in some seamless textures to see how they would work. The cuffs really need an actual texture map if I'm going to do anything interesting. I saved out the uv so I can have a play with that later. Off to do more sorting.

Attachments

• testing textures.jpg
    testing textures.jpg
    493.8 KB · Views: 95

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well that's the video creator's mistake. You made it sound like Pen made the mistake, so no wonder she didn't know what video you were talking about.

Then again, he might have had a reason for calling it Angel System, rather than Angle System.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
My brain is still really foggy from having covid a few weeks back.
Feel better soon Pen. I just got my second Covid19 Booster vaccine 2 days ago, and this was the first time I had what I would call a bad reaction, though it wasn't as bad as some reactions friends of mine have had with the vaccine. I never left the house yesterday, but finally got a better night's sleep than I did Saturday night, so was able to get out for a little bit today, so feeling better, but not quite 100%.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Ram and MissB the whole family got it at the same time. For 2 days all I did was sleep and it seems slow getting back to normal. Definitely on the improve though.
Miss B I've had 3 vaccines so far. I was booked in for the fourth when I caught covid. Because I'm only 62 I wasn't able to get the fourth until recently but my husband has had all 4 and wasn't as ill as I was.

Funny story...on Sunday my mum rang me and said she'd done a covid test and it was positive. Because I was unsure if she would have done the test right I rang the hotline and was told they wouldn't do home testing as she had already tested positive.

So my brother who can do video conferencing with them(they have iPhones mine is android) managed to register Mum as having covid. This puts her on a care pathway and provides people to look after her.

He then walked dad thru doing the test.
As he was doing mum commented why would he need that bit of plastic I didn't use it...
So he then tried to walk mum thru doing the test again via facetime. First time mum and dad weren't listening and were trying to rub the swab directly onto the plastic. He eventually managed to get them to do it correctly and she was negative.

So he rang to explain what had happened and get her taken off the registry...which they did but insisted on sending someone out to test her.
They had refused to do this when I rang up requesting it. Anyway mum isn't sick with covid she never had it...she had compared the swab to the box and hadn't touched the plastic test part at all.

I'm not surprised and looking back can laugh about it but I was really stressed at the time as mum is in her nineties.

Still plodding along with the reinstallation.

Got sidetracked doing some quick textures for the camisole set for Alexis.

Attachments

• Alexis camisole dforce.jpg
    Alexis camisole dforce.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Alexis camisole dforce stripes.jpg
    Alexis camisole dforce stripes.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 86

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'm glad that everyone's on the mend Pen. Stay safe and keep doing this wonderful stuff with your 3D. HUGS

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well that's the video creator's mistake. You made it sound like Pen made the mistake, so no wonder she didn't know what video you were talking about.

Then again, he might have had a reason for calling it Angel System, rather than Angle System.
I never said, or implied, that it was her mistake. I just noticed the misspelling and thought it was humorous. To be sure, it seems like the video creator was a non-English-speaking person, and he did pronounce it correctly, and truthfully...there are many persons born and raised in the U.S. that make the same spelling mistake. No harm was meant to Pen at all!

Dana