• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Reinstalling DS, converting things to Dawn and Diva and my experiments along the way

DanaTA

Distinguished
Sorry I'd forgotten that I'd even posted that video. My brain is still really foggy from having covid a few weeks back. I didn't even notice the typo...
No need to apologize to me! I'm very sorry for your illness. In December, I lost my mom to COVID. It was shocking and very sad for all of us.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Got sidetracked doing some quick textures for the camisole set for Alexis.
Nicely done. I have Alexis, but not much as far as clothes and such, so don't have that outfit.

Good to hear your folks are OK, and glad to hear someone was going to test your mom. We have free at home test kits available, but I wouldn't trust myself to do it right, so get tested twice a year when I go in to see my Internist. She's made it automatic for anyone who comes in, so we all get tested at least twice a year.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm very sorry for your illness. In December, I lost my mom to COVID. It was shocking and very sad for all of us.
Sorry to hear this Dana. Older folks seem to be infected more easily, and often more seriously.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Ram...

Don't stress Dana no harm taken. I'm sorry to hear about your mum. Covid has made things very hard...

Alexis should have come with these items Miss B. I know that's how I got them. Diva fit now done...It looks much better now. Autofollow makes a real hash of it.

The good thing about Victoria where I live is they have in home testing for those who are vulnerable and have poor mobility. They come out on the Sunday and tested both mum and dad. Luckily both were negative. It would be bulk billed also so no payment required.

I'm thinking this would make a nice freebie. At the moment the textures are really basic...no bumps, displacement or normals just a quick texture.

If I do I'll install poser and see if I can remember how to do injection files and mats in there.

Attachments

• Alexis camisole dforce stripes diva.jpg
    Alexis camisole dforce stripes diva.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 100

Miss B

CV-BEE
Alexis should have come with these items Miss B. I know that's how I got them. Diva fit now done...It looks much better now. Autofollow makes a real hash of it.

I'm thinking this would make a nice freebie. At the moment the textures are really basic...no bumps, displacement or normals just a quick texture.

If I do I'll install poser and see if I can remember how to do injection files and mats in there.
I know she came with some clothing, I just don't recall what they were, so I'll have to check to see what I have installed.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Very cute, oh and I checked, and I do have Alexis and her "brother" Axel. I just hadn't reinstalled them on this laptop when I got it 2 1/2 years ago, so will need to at least install Alexis. I don't use the "boy" characters much in my renders, unless I'm beta testing an outfit for them. Doug Hunters been doing a lot of stuff for DawnSE, DuskSE, La Femme and L'Homme lately.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I thought you'd have them. Reinstalling everything takes time and it gets confusing about what's installed sometimes. Axel's sandals look pretty good on diva in ds. I've used them lots.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So I've got 3 sets with mats in DS plus the diva morph which because Rosie at the moment is a dialled character it fits as it uses the diva morph.

Briefs done also...

Attachments

• blueflower with blue trim.jpg
    blueflower with blue trim.jpg
    921.7 KB · Views: 88
  • pink roses pink trim blue background.jpg
    pink roses pink trim blue background.jpg
    879 KB · Views: 90
  • pink roses pink trim.jpg
    pink roses pink trim.jpg
    887.6 KB · Views: 83
  • briefs blue flowers rosie.jpg
    briefs blue flowers rosie.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 88
  • briefs blue flowers diva.jpg
    briefs blue flowers diva.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 81

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Didn't do much yesterday as I had to do some stuff for my mum. Found these this morning half finished textures for Willow's sneakers. I also still have the Diva morph I made and also the toe fix I did to point the toe in as I found it pointing out annoying.
Trying out a few things to check if I still have a diva morph. Ram kindly included one from memory. The costume one is there as well as the sneakers. It's good some things survived. Does anyone know if there was a Poser version done of the bathing costume? Or was it just DS?
Diva playing on the beach take 2.jpg

Attachments

• Blue sneakers.jpg
    Blue sneakers.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 82
  • tiedye sneakers.jpg
    tiedye sneakers.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 80

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Aww, she looks great in that outfit. Thanks for posting this. Hopefully the conversion wasn't too painful!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You did a diva morph so it was fairly straight forward. I'm playing with the textures on the sneakers as I had more done on that but will have a look at the training gear when I finish...I need some plain colour ones for diva like the black stretch pants a lot of women and kids wear.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I finally got Alexis reinstalled on this laptop, so now I have to play with textures for her clothes. ;)

The only thing I don't like is the lack of morphs for her hair. I'd really like to get it more away from her left eye, as now you can only see about half of it.

Alexis-1.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Good to see! That's the only thing that annoys me about 3d universe, he tends not to do lots of morphs. Otherwise he does some really nice stuff. I look forward to seeing your textures for the clothes.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Good looking stuff, Pendraia! I have Willow, I think. Not sure about this Alexis, though. Don't know if I have any of these outfits, either.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good to see! That's the only thing that annoys me about 3d universe, he tends not to do lots of morphs. Otherwise he does some really nice stuff. I look forward to seeing your textures for the clothes.
I was thinking . . . I haven't played in Filter Forge lately, so this may be as good a time as any. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK Pen, I just realized, 3DU didn't include UV Maps for the clothes that come with Alexis. Did you create your own since you're working with Diva?

I'm probably going to have to pull the OBJs into Blender and create them. Otherwise, I don't see how I'll be able to make new material sets. Hmmmm . . .