• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Redistributing Poser Dynamic Hair without the base figure - a solution

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, yeah, true that. I was thinking you meant new cheese you saw in the store. ;)

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
I went down the caves at Cheddar Gorge once. True story.

Meanwhile today has been mostly non-Poser related, but I did get a little work in. I have tweaked the functionality of the "LOAD" function, and updated the documentation both to reflect that AND to use the new thumb designs for what I've done so far. I'm now on to testing the function that coats all the hair on a figure with one material and finishing the documentation. So far testing this has been trying - it's failing to fail when I mess up, and I don't know why. It SHOULD fail... but it's working.

Hmmm. this is why we test!

Cheers,

Cliff

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Wow - what a stupendously stupid bug! LOL. I'm glad no-one got to see THAT code. Stupid stupid!

Hehehe. Fixed now :)

Saturday and Monday both look to be a bust, so I guess I've got whatever time I have left tonight and possibly some on Sunday to progress in.

Cheers,

Cliff

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Since you're not a fan of humans (and yeah, hair on a human head would be kinda boring after all this work) why not try Sparky's human/animal morphs: Amducias M4 - A Sparky Creation for promos?

That would be interesting and fun!

Pssst. Don't tell anyone but I sneaked away from chores for a few hours and I've managed to make significant headway on the "SAVE" documentation. While I'm here I thought I'd mention that I've come up with an excellent reason to render Dawn with hair - and the image concept excites me, despite having a human in it (it is, at least, a scantily-clad female - which probably explains THAT!).

So I'll probably use building that image as part of the documentation on using TrueHair.

Cheers,

Cliff

Fingers crossed now that the image goes the way I'd like it to!

Miss B

CV-BEE
FingersCrossed.png

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
OK, well I managed to get the documentation for SAVE done today, as well as checking that the code worked (I had updated it previously but not tested it yet).

I'm also running out of time before I am needed elsewhere, so I'll probably play about with Dawn for a few minutes but not do anything too serious. Which reminds me - your votes are required! Which is the BEST "sexy white girl" texture for Dawn? I am currently leaning towards:

Jenny: Jenny for Dawn - A Tempesta3d Creation

although there are a few others that appeal - like

Monica: Monica for Dawn - Poser - A Virtual World 3D Creation

or

Elisa: Elisa for Dawn - A Maelwenn 3D Creation

any others that people especially like?

Cheers,

Cliff

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't have Jenny, but I do have Monica and Elisa, and to me Elisa is sexier of the two. Of course, that's just my opinion, which may not count for anything once you get other votes. ;)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I have and like them all but I would go with the Virtual World figure as the head is more likely to be the "universal" Dawn head. I'm pretty sure Elisa has a sculpted head and possibly Jenny as well. Hair would fit most Dawn figures if based on a Virtual World figure.

Last edited:

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
OK, and the gloves are done as well.

Cliff, I'm going to throw some textures on this, clean up the rigging just a little, then you can have it as a giveaway with your product.

That's very generous! Could you please check your inbox thingy, up there in the top right corner?

Cheers,

Cliff

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
So... I'm just going through a whole bunch of routines now trying to make sure they all check for the current Poser Version and that they work AND making them a little more flexible "under the hood"... here's testing of the "Density+" button.

Cheers,

Cliff

1Default.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
I probably started losing my hair around age 21 (or "developing male pattern baldness" because it sounds more interesting).

I'm in my 50's now. So documenting the Density- function is probably the most difficult thing to do...

Still, it probably reveals more of the way I tend to go about developing things. By default Density+ ramps up the density quickly, then I use Density- to reduce the density in smaller steps to (hopefully) end up at my preferred density.

I should probably apologise to HiveWire for what I'm doing to their cat at this point :(

BUT - it should all end up in a good place in the end! :D

Cheers,

Cliff

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg