• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Redistributing Poser Dynamic Hair without the base figure - a solution

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous

OK - so, probably last post for a bit because hard work has reared it's ugly head. Dusk with hair added, I manually added a fringe so he didn't have a naked forehead.

Silly, I know, but I am silly sometimes.

Cheers,

cliff

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
OK, that particular emergency has been scheduled for Friday now, so I'm back to Poser for a bit.

I'm starting to do my first run of tests in Poser 9 for these reasons:
1) Compatability checking (Do ALL of the tools work in Poser 9?)
2) Compatability coding (I know I will need to identify which version of Poser is in use and take that into account with teeny tiny code changes in very minor ways. But it still needs to be actually done).
3) Debugging. Especially finding and squishing any bugs that I have added in recent days as I tweak stuff.
4) Tidying up

And my first Poser 9 render of "TrueHair" just looks so cute to me that I couldn't resist posting it. Useless? Certainly. But it pushes MY "cute" button.

Cheers,

Cliff

Poser9.jpg

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
OK, so I've started writing the documentation. I figure as I am going to work my way through each feature testing (and fixing!) as I go that would be a pretty good opportunity to actually take any screen captures I want along the way to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Manual.jpg

Which reminds me - I haven't taken and screen captures yet! That aside I HAVE actually documented "!CoverInFur" reasonably fully and added a skeleton of the next couple of features so that I could create a Contents page that looked meaningful. While it should be possible to use 80% of TrueHair without even opening the manual I feel compelled to write some decent instructions, for both people who are likely to read it (my son might want to, for example).

Cheers,

Cliff

PS and this is why we test things! I hadn't tagged "!MAT_AllDynHair" so the Contents page didn't pick it up. Doh!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ohh Satira, I've used the BC textures on the HC but not the other way round, Kitty looks great as a Ginger :D

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hey Cliff!

Finally surfacing here after a seriously crazy 2-3 weeks:)

Wow!!! This is coming along awesome! Def one will pretty much need to eliminate the animal head groups (head and lower jaw) and do those oneself in the hair room so one doesn't end up with furry eyes, nose and mouth bits:), but what a huge time savings!! I am totally digging on this. Coz of course once one can even save that basic dyn. hair group it can be reused over and over for a particular figure. And in the case of the HW Big Cat and HW Cat I bet one can even use the same base hair grouping save since they use the same body groups/naming. That is wicked cool!!!!

Kudos, dude!!!!!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
yes, but @CWRW the IMPORTANT thing, is that when Cliff makes the 'default hair group' FOR those head areas, we, the end user, then have the fields to enter numbers ACTIVE in the hair room!!! Creating from scratch, ALL those names and numbers are GRAYED OUT and for someone such as me, the hair room a foreign land....and I could never even figure out HOW to make them become active... this way, with the python, they are there, active, for EDITING... so we can have VERY short hair, that maybe has no gravity/drag whatever on it.... so it won't droop over face parts. :) (or indeed then eliminate that group entirely).

eclark1894

Visionary
yes, but @CWRW the IMPORTANT thing, is that when Cliff makes the 'default hair group' FOR those head areas, we, the end user, then have the fields to enter numbers ACTIVE in the hair room!!! Creating from scratch, ALL those names and numbers are GRAYED OUT and for someone such as me, the hair room a foreign land....and I could never even figure out HOW to make them become active... this way, with the python, they are there, active, for EDITING... so we can have VERY short hair, that maybe has no gravity/drag whatever on it.... so it won't droop over face parts. :) (or indeed then eliminate that group entirely).
Those fields become active once you create a hair group and populate it with hair. They are not active BEFORE you do that because there is nothing to act ON, if you haven't created the hair yet. At least that's how it's SUPPOSED to work.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Say I do delete the generated head and jaw groups, then yes one would have to grow new guide hairs for those groups, just as if one was starting from scratch/not using this product. Theoretically one can totally just go in and remove selected polys in those groups but that is much harder than it sounds to eliminate the nose, eyes and all the inner mouth parts polys (I so speak from experience on that one- tried and failed many times:) Maybe Tiny has had better luck than I with that). It is actually easier at least for me, to hand edit/select the polys desired for those groups rather than try to delete them from a select-all scenario.

So yes what eclark said above is true if you have to make any new groups/not use the select-all scenario. But it really isn't that hard to make a new group and grow guide hairs for it.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Instead of deleting the existing hair group, it might be easier to create an new "No Hair" group, add the polys you don't want to be covered in hair, then exclude the No Hair group from the head and jaw groups. Once done, you can then delete that No Hair group.

For removing Eyes, Tongue, Teeth, Gums, Whiskers, etc., there are two ways you can approach it. If all polys on the entire head are covered in hair, you can Remove All, then Add / Material, and add just the FurEars and FurBody material zones. Or, you can take the longer route and Remove / Material, and then remove each of the material zones you don't want hair on. Unfortunately, it's not a multi-select (which would be great).

Remove Material works great too when you're painting the polys to add, and accidently include polys on the Tongue, Inner Mouth, etc.

upload_2017-11-23_15-5-42.png

I've used Remove Unseen to remove the inner polys too.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Instead of deleting the existing hair group, it might be easier to create an new "No Hair" group, add the polys you don't want to be covered in hair, then exclude the No Hair group from the head and jaw groups. Once done, you can then delete that No Hair group.

For removing Eyes, Tongue, Teeth, Gums, Whiskers, etc., there are two ways you can approach it. If all polys on the entire head are covered in hair, you can Remove All, then Add / Material, and add just the FurEars and FurBody material zones. Or, you can take the longer route and Remove / Material, and then remove each of the material zones you don't want hair on. Unfortunately, it's not a multi-select (which would be great).

Remove Material works great too when you're painting the polys to add, and accidently include polys on the Tongue, Inner Mouth, etc.

View attachment 32665

I've used Remove Unseen to remove the inner polys too.

LOL see?- lots of folks know WAY more about the Hair Room than me. Not a big surprise to me at all:) That does sound like a good workaround Satira. Will have to mess with those things! I am def a newbie to the Hair Room.