• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

realistic Armor for females

scatha

Adventurous
@scatha , LOL! I'm just a re-enactor who hangs around with re-enactors from other periods, who include a lot of people with a lot of swords (and several ladies who wear armour and fight, including myself when both knees are in full working order).

I hear you, I did a bit of that while living in France, visited a lot of Fetes Medievale. In fact I owned a pair of leather bracers with a throwing dagger sheath on them.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I'm well versed in all the armor components and where they go and how they are used and how attire ones self LOL I'm an SGAer! What is strange though with most of the 3D swords and daggers is that you don't see any weapons with sword breakers.
The combat ready sword I use has sword breakers and also does my rapier and main gauche for lighter style combat.

Sword Breaker examples

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I was a Renn Faire Actress for 7 years with our family. We were the Lord Mayor's Family, so, low on the weapons, but very high on the costuming!
There are some beautiful renfair costumes !! I actually got to witness a renfair wedding !! lol and we all got free beer for the toast!! Very cool that!!

And my male friends were smitten by the bar wench with a daisy stuck between her bosoms! LOL!!

I think Rae had a renfair wedding.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I didn't want to crowd out the thread, but if you go to the gallery, you can see the rest of the pictures. These are garb that I have made over the years that we acted at the faire. 2005-2012 (My kids kept up a few years after that.

View media item 2863
And this has to be later than 2005, no matter what I have down there, as this was our 2nd Full set of garb. So probably 2008ish

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I don't like the mail that much but I think I've seen mail shaders that are better so I'd just hit it with that

I'm with you on that! The images look like closed-hang weave (for looking shapely and pretty- the 'rib' effect runs horizontally on the body) rather than open-hang (for freedom of movement- the rib effect runs vertically up and down the body).