• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Prayers for Lisa

MAB

New-Bee
Contributing Artist
When I see bright flowers bend in the breeze,
I'll think to myself of Lisa B.
Computer pixels you'd swear they were living,
A cherished soul life into them breathing.

Though I mostly knew her through her art,
I perceived them a reflection of her heart,
Her botanical visions I'll forever admire,
Through every artwork they continue to inspire.

-Misti A. Black

I struggled to find something meaningful to say, so I ended up waxing poetic with a tissue on hand.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
As we lost our bellowed artist and a friend Lisa. Many of us here have known her for 20+ years, she made herself famous with her beautiful creations of nature that we love and used often in our creations for so many years. She always told me that the most important reason she created her creations was ART as nothing else really matters , I remember once years ago I painted her portrait, she knows how to inspire you , she loved nature , always kind and helpful a strong and intelligent woman and a wonderful friend, our Queen Bee!

Memories of you Lisa will comfort us even if our heart will still ache,
you are going to stay with us here forever until the last person on earth remembers your name.
Now your spirit has been set free so you can walk through the gardens of heaven and for a while we have to say goodbye ,so rest in peace dear Lisa , until we meet again on the other side of the stars......

Even as I am shedding tears for your loss, I am honored to know and remember Lisa.
Please accept my deepest condolences ,
To her family and close friends,
my thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of grief

Love ,
Cath

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
So ......... so crushed by this also.

I'm sorry I'm late, but have been without power until yesterday evening and just have gotten the phones restored today due to the polar blast here in Texas. So please ........ I hope you can forgive my lateness.

A truly beautiful person indeed, and such an enormous talent! I'm so thankful to have known her and that she gave me a chance to "Enjoy Creating" with my flower photos and her models ............. so much sadness............ I'm still in shock and still tearing up about this.

I can't help but think of
  • John 16:22 - So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you!

When I meet you in the next life........ I hope to enjoy mint tea at your backyard patio while we view the real garden of your beautiful creations beneath the broad arms of the gorgeous oak trees! I can see you there now smiling sweetly and having light conversation with your son just waiting for us to drop in for a visit and maybe just maybe those fantastically lovely iris will be peaking out in the corners of the mansion.

Love you Lisa and will greatly miss you! Fare thee well until we meet again!

Boysenberry SML.jpg

HAIL TO THE QUEEN!
Queen Bee.jpg

Last edited:

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Oh, my - tears going again. Such lovely sentiments - I wish there was a hug option, or "care" like Facebook has, since sad or like or love don't really fit.

Me too! The other options aren't quite what we need.
:grouphug:

I guess all we can do is :grouphug:
I sit here for over 3 hours with tears in my eyes, thinking about Lisa, rendering my favorite Cherry tree she made 17 years ago, thinking about life and beyond reflecting on the past and talk to her in my mind. Moments like that push us hard back into reality. I know Lisa would not want us to be sad and crying but it is hard and only chance for us to say goodbye we never had.

sending my virtual :grouphug:

Ladyelf

Inspired
I'm sitting here, tears in my eyes, for that wonderful, beautiful woman and her family. Lisa was such a talented, sweet and sassy woman. Her talent enabled my artwork to be so much more beautiful then it would have been.

She will be missed by many, for different reasons, but most of all because of the human being that she was.

For everyone grieving her loss, prayers of peace and love to you.

Ladyelf

Inspired
I guess all we can do is :grouphug:
I sit here for over 3 hours with tears in my eyes, thinking about Lisa, rendering my favorite Cherry tree she made 17 years ago, thinking about life and beyond reflecting on the past and talk to her in my mind. Moments like that push us hard back into reality. I know Lisa would not want us to be sad and crying but it is hard and only chance for us to say goodbye we never had.

sending my virtual :grouphug:
Her Cherry tree is one of my favorites. For me as an artist, she was my go to always. So many levels of loss.

James R.

Busy Bee
It was so hard to make that post. I knew as soon as I did, it would create pain for a lot of Lisa's friends here.

I'd like to find a way to turn some of this around.

Lisa loved to end her notes and emails to people by saying "Enjoy creating!"

It is my wish that we turn this thread into a memorial for our Lisa, who lives on, just without us for now.

Please share your thoughts and feelings for Lisa. Please share your art for Lisa here.

Let's flood this thread with even more kind words and beautiful images. Perhaps images using her botanical products, and when the time is right, I'll share this with Jeff, Lisa's husband. So that he can see first hand all those here that loved his Lisa, and the beauty shared.

Thanks so much to all of you for your prayers and support for Lisa. I know it's meant the world to Jeff and his family.
In the few times I was privileged to trade an email or message with Lisa, her innate kindness shone through. That's how I've always thought of her. I'm grateful for her kind words and encouragement. My sincere condolences to her husband, her family, and her friends.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
So impressed and deeply touched by all the comments, poetry, and beautiful imagery people are sharing. I'm also impressed to see artists and friends that don't visit HiveWire forums taking the time to come in and make a post for Lisa. It means a great deal to see this being done.

I want to share this image. One of the last posts Lisa made on her Facebook page. She shared this on December 18th, the day she went to emergency to see why she wasn't feeling well, and there she stayed.

131893982_3461865617195996_1018566363895899746_n.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Since I don't go to Facebook, I hadn't seen that post until now. I'm still feeling at a loss for words to explain how I've been feeling since you informed us of Lisa's passing, and I hope at some point I will be able to add a render to the wonderful renders already here to help me fill my verbal void.

:grouphug:

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
There have been several times in my life where people seemed to *know* that something was going to happen to them and they gave others messages that were basically farewells.
Like the day before my mother's stroke was the one and ONLY time she told me about a health issue I didn't know I had, about having problems sleeping on my back when the weather was hot, and how I'd nearly been a crib death 4 times because of it. I'd never been told this except that one time...like she needed to give me an important message while she was still able. (After the stroke, she didn't even know who I was.)
And this post by Lisa....it's like she knew. On some level, that she knew she wasn't going to be back. This is so intense.....hit me like a punch to the stomach.
Now *I* need the Kleenex....