• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Post Your Dawn Renders at the New SMS Dawn Thread!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Aargh, I did it wrong, Could someone tell someone that can move my post INSIDE the thread for Dusk? It was my first time posting there, so I obviously didn't know what I was doing.....:( And I don't even know how to tell someone to move it...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think Scott (shvrdavid) is (or at least one of) the moderators on the SM Poser Forum, so send him a PM, and I'm sure he'll gladly do it for you Dak.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhh, I thought the moderators could do that, as I can do that here on this forum. Thanks for letting us know.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
For those concerned about posting DS renders of Dawn at the Dawn renders thread at SMS, I personally have nothing against it. The thread title is "Post Your Dawn Renders", which doesn't discriminate WHERE it was rendered, and frankly, I don't think people care. So far I have posted my Dawn renders made with a variety of softwares, to include Poser, DS, and iClone. As long as it includes Dawn, I think anything goes. I can even challenge people to tell in what program I made a render, and I bet they can't tell - so why worry?

On another GREAT NEWS, Dawn has accumulated MORE posts on her dedicated SMS render thread in 3 months than ALL Firefly renders together in 2 years. I would like to thank the community from here and there for sharing the love for Dawn, which also helps demystifying what was once said about her in other sites. Dusk also has his own render thread at SMS, started by Traci (Gliteratti3D), and you can share the love there too. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
For those concerned about posting DS renders of Dawn at the Dawn renders thread at SMS, I personally have nothing against it. The thread title is "Post Your Dawn Renders", which doesn't discriminate WHERE it was rendered, and frankly, I don't think people care. So far I have posted my Dawn renders made with a variety of softwares, to include Poser, DS, and iClone. As long as it includes Dawn, I think anything goes. I can even challenge people to tell in what program I made a render, and I bet they can't tell - so why worry?

On another GREAT NEWS, Dawn has accumulated MORE posts on her dedicated SMS render thread in 3 months than ALL Firefly renders together in 2 years. I would like to thank the community from here and there for sharing the love for Dawn, which also helps demystifying what was once said about her in other sites. Dusk also has his own render thread at SMS, started by Traci (Gliteratti3D), and you can share the love there too. :)

I would agree 100%, the fact that Dawn can be used in Poser and DS has always been a big plus for me even though I do not use DS. For me anything that promotes Dawn so that hopefully others can give the figure a try is a step in the right direction. I am also please it has been so successful.

Thank you for your efforts in getting the thread started.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Some people were worried about posting DS renders of Dawn at SMS - a Poser site. I have posted DS and iClone renders of Dawn there, and nobody cares. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I can understand the concern but as you say, who can tell let alone care.

I have placed a "DS Render" logo on some of the renders, and people still didn't care. But like you said, people can't tell where things are rendered just by looking at it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Loving the Dawn support.

Yes, the dedicated SMS thread has been very successful, with an average of 5 posts a day. :D

I might post some of mine then, I haven't because I haven't done much art lately and except for a couple, I can't remember what program I rendered the older ones in (most likely DS)

As long as Dawn is in the render, it's good to go! ^____^