Post Your Dawn Renders at the New SMS Dawn Thread!

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by Ken1171, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Aargh, I did it wrong, Could someone tell someone that can move my post INSIDE the thread for Dusk? It was my first time posting there, so I obviously didn't know what I was doing.....:( And I don't even know how to tell someone to move it...

2. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

I don't know who moderates the forums there.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  3. Dakorillon (IMArts)

I put a note on my wayward thread asking for someone to move it. SO, hopefully, it will migrate at some point.

4. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I think Scott (shvrdavid) is (or at least one of) the moderators on the SM Poser Forum, so send him a PM, and I'm sure he'll gladly do it for you Dak.

5. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Thanks, MissB!

6. ShvrDavid

ShvrDavid Inspired

I would just repost it. Moving/merging posts in NodeBB is no fun at all, and I am fairly sure only admins can do so

7. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Ahhh, I thought the moderators could do that, as I can do that here on this forum. Thanks for letting us know.

8. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Okay, repost it I shall. If I can figure that out, my first foray not having gone well....

9. Ken1171

For those concerned about posting DS renders of Dawn at the Dawn renders thread at SMS, I personally have nothing against it. The thread title is "Post Your Dawn Renders", which doesn't discriminate WHERE it was rendered, and frankly, I don't think people care. So far I have posted my Dawn renders made with a variety of softwares, to include Poser, DS, and iClone. As long as it includes Dawn, I think anything goes. I can even challenge people to tell in what program I made a render, and I bet they can't tell - so why worry?

On another GREAT NEWS, Dawn has accumulated MORE posts on her dedicated SMS render thread in 3 months than ALL Firefly renders together in 2 years. I would like to thank the community from here and there for sharing the love for Dawn, which also helps demystifying what was once said about her in other sites. Dusk also has his own render thread at SMS, started by Traci (Gliteratti3D), and you can share the love there too. :)

10. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

I would agree 100%, the fact that Dawn can be used in Poser and DS has always been a big plus for me even though I do not use DS. For me anything that promotes Dawn so that hopefully others can give the figure a try is a step in the right direction. I am also please it has been so successful.

Thank you for your efforts in getting the thread started.

11. Ken1171

Some people were worried about posting DS renders of Dawn at SMS - a Poser site. I have posted DS and iClone renders of Dawn there, and nobody cares. :)

12. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

I can understand the concern but as you say, who can tell let alone care.

13. Ken1171

I have placed a "DS Render" logo on some of the renders, and people still didn't care. But like you said, people can't tell where things are rendered just by looking at it.

Chris likes this.
  14. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Loving the Dawn support.

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Ken1171 like this.
  15. Rae134

Rae134 Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I might post some of mine then, I haven't because I haven't done much art lately and except for a couple, I can't remember what program I rendered the older ones in (most likely DS)

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Ken1171 like this.
  16. Ken1171

Yes, the dedicated SMS thread has been very successful, with an average of 5 posts a day. :D

As long as Dawn is in the render, it's good to go! ^____^

Rae134 and Dakorillon (IMArts) like this.
  17. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Yes, I was worried about that, too, as most of mine are DS. So, I might put some more there.

18. Ken1171

Who can tell what program was used? :)