• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Post Your Dawn Renders at the New SMS Dawn Thread!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am excited to announce that I have started a "Post Your Dawn Renders" thread at the SMS forums, which has never happened before. Over the past few days, I have talked to the guys over there, and we came to an agreement not to escalate figure competitions, which only serve to divide the community.

Before this, whenever I posted a Dawn render over there, somebody else would run me over by posting PE or Pauline renders, as means to suppress Dawn exposure in the forum. Well, we came to an agreement of cease fire, and the white flag is flying. All I asked was for them to allow the PEOPLE to choose what figure they want to use, instead of pushing this or that figure over them. I think this is fair and reasonable, so Dawn now has her own render thread at SMS! ^____^

I encourage the community to post your BEST Dawn renders there to show her best side. This will help demystifying all the misinformation regarding Dawn, and show what we can do with her. Glitterati3D and I have already started posting Dawn renders there. Come join us and spread the love.

My only recommendation is to avoid comparing figures, which could be seen as confrontational. It's perfectly Ok if other people use other figures, and as far as I know, the more, the better. :D

The Dawn thread at SMS is here --> [LINK]

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I need to start categorising my renders into Daz or Poser (then by figure) as I can't remember which is which (and I'm assuming they don't want to see DS stuff LOL)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks guys! This might turn to be an unprecedented opportunity for Dawn to get her rightful place in the SMS forums. We should finally give all the exposure she never had over there. After all, Dawn now has her own thread over there, and this is really exciting!

Just remember - let's avoid comparing figures when posting there. This is Dawn's time to shine at SMS, so let's make it count! ^___^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I was just over there looking through that thread. Nicely done Ken, though I hate to post any I've already posted in the SuperFly and/or FireFly threads, so we'll have to see what I come up with going forward. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh yes, I didn't post any renders I had already posted in other sections of the SMS forums. But the thing that matters the most is to show Dawn's best side other there, now that I managed to get a cease fire concerning Dawn. ^^

Hornet3d

Wise
I am excited to announce that I have started a "Post Your Dawn Renders" thread at the SMS forums, which has never happened before. Over the past few days, I have talked to the guys over there, and we came to an agreement not to escalate figure competitions, which only serve to divide the community.

Before this, whenever I posted a Dawn render over there, somebody else would run me over by posting PE or Pauline renders, as means to suppress Dawn exposure in the forum. Well, we came to an agreement of cease fire, and the white flag is flying. All I asked was for them to allow the PEOPLE to choose what figure they want to use, instead of pushing this or that figure over them. I think this is fair and reasonable, so Dawn now has her own render thread at SMS! ^____^

I encourage the community to post your BEST Dawn renders there to show her best side. This will help demystifying all the misinformation regarding Dawn, and show what we can do with her. Glitterati3D and I have already started posting Dawn renders there. Come join us and spread the love.

My only recommendation is to avoid comparing figures, which could be seen as confrontational. It's perfectly Ok if other people use other figures, and as far as I know, the more, the better. :D

The Dawn thread at SMS is here --> [LINK]

My congratulations to you Kem for getting this started with thanks of course to SMS forum team for seeing this as a sensible way forward. I hope all the people posting will continue in the same spirit.

I have already posted and render to show my support and while not new it should be new to the SMS forums. I hope it shows Dawn in a good enough light. Going forward I will keep the forum in mind as it gives another outlet to tell the Dawn story.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Hornet! I took a peek today (the day after), and the Dawn thread is listed at the top of the most popular, with 60+ posts and 320+ views just since last night. So far a smashing success! I have the impression there were already a number of people who WANTED to post Dawn renders at the Poser forums, but were intimidated by the opposition. Even some of the people who were known for strongly opposing Dawn have posted renders there - big surprise! :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, if that forum's software works like ours does here, it'll stay at the stop of the "stickies" until someone posts in one of the other sticky threads. No one will have to go hunting for it, because it'll always be in that top group of posts, but it's usually the one with the most recent post that's first.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I have not checked out this new thread you've started at SMS yet Ken, but I will just as soon as I finish writing here.

Recently, and at least for now, we're making some good strides with Smith Micro with regards to Poser and it's future.

Thank you for supporting Dawn and HiveWire by pushing forward on your own Ken. Much appreciated. And thank you all for your support of HiveWire, and your for willingness to help promote your Dawn art elsewhere.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Chris! I find it rather bizarre that it took this long for people to accept Dawn at the official Poser forums, but better late than never! So far the cease fire has been holding up, and Dawn's thread is thriving. Considering that today SMS has upgraded it to their permanent sticky threads, looks like it is there to stay. :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've posted several of my Dawn renders in the FireFly and SuperFly render threads, but those are for any character rendered with either of those render engines.

Having a thread just for Dawn goes a lot longer way to promote her. Hmmmm, I wonder if we could get a Dusk render thread going over there. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how many folks render Dusk as often as they render Dawn, so it might not be as successful.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks, Chris! I find it rather bizarre that it took this long for people to accept Dawn at the official Poser forums, but better late than never! So far the cease fire has been holding up, and Dawn's thread is thriving. Considering that today SMS has upgraded it to their permanent sticky threads, looks like it is there to stay. :D

Time will tell. Hope so.

ShvrDavid

Motivated
Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed, the thread was "pinned" to the top. ;)

I pinned the thread, guilty as charged. o_O

I'm not really sure what the concern is thou.
I have been using Dawn since she first came out.
So have many other Poser users.

Hivewire3D supports Poser by making content, providing a forum for its users, etc.
I see no reason why the Smith Micro forums can't do the same as well.

And if a Dusk thread should happen to appear, it can be pinned as well.

:whistling:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I had a feeling you were the one who pinned the Dawn thread, and thanks for that.

Now we'll have to see if we can find as many Dusk renders to start a thread for him as well. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I pinned the thread, guilty as charged. o_O
I'm not really sure what the concern is thou.
I have been using Dawn since she first came out.
So have many other Poser users.:whistling:

Thank you, thank you!! I have to admit that the SMS forums haven't been very Dawn-friendly since the release of P11, mostly because of competition with Pauline and PE. When the SMS forums were at RDNA, even talking about Dawn would often end in some kind of dispute, just like it happened a few days ago when I posted Dawn renders, and Ero started a dispute. Thankfully, things have calmed down now that the dust has settled. It took me a while negotiating with people until we came to an agreement of just allowing people to choose whatever figure they like without trying to prove something. The basic idea was that the more figures Poser has, the better for the community, all things considered. The fact that we have all these native Poser figures should be reason for celebration instead of dispute, and I think this has now finally clicked in the SMS forums. It was the perfect time to start a Dawn render thread, and it has been going well so far. Quite a popular thread, and people are enjoying themselves.