• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser sold to Rendo

M

Male-M3dia

Just to let you know, you got a bunch of "roll eyes" at this the direction of this thread.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks for your comment, Hornet.

I've no doubt some dentists use teeth grinding as a nice little source of additional income. Just like they do with the current teeth whitening fad. However, my periodontist explained why she felt I was grinding my teeth, then recommended I try an over the counter night guard. Consequently, she's not making any money from a diagnosis of teeth grinding. At least ... not at this point. She did say I might want to consider a customized night guard if I find the over the counter night guards don't last, and if I am able to tolerate a night guard. She said some people can't. But it's just as likely an over the counter night guard is all I will need.

Given I've started experiencing borderline headaches daily, and I feel a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders ... and jaw, grinding my teeth at night isn't really that surprising or unexpected. After thinking about it a bit today, I also remember noting a few times when I've been on the edge of sleep or waking up that I have been grinding my teeth. The night guard is only going to help prevent damage to my teeth, it's not going to solve whatever is causing the tension. That's what I will need to address. Since I see my doctor next week, I should probably discuss it with him. Although, even better would be if I start meditating again. Things like this are definitely signs I've let things get a wee bit out of control.

Looks like a sound diagnosis, for which I am thankful. As I said I could only speak for the UK, and only my small part of it. As you imply the pricey part for me would have been the customised night guard. As you again mention, headaches when you wake up can be a symptom as can a pain in the jaw. Stress is certainly one of the known causes which was another factor missing in my case as being retired I was not particularly stressed. That is not to say there is no stress in retirement but for me it was no where near the stress I have been under during my working life.

Semicharm

Eager
Interesting that Lisa tagged me on a previous post to tell me I shouldn't tell people to stop discussing genesis in poser. I'm wondering what technical aspects of genesis in poser is being discussed on this post. Lisa?
I think you're confusing different discussions. The issue I was pointing out is about getting 1st party support for Genesis in Poser, which isn't going to happen for a number of reasons that have been discussed to no end and had been "resolved" a long time ago. That seems to be Daz's position anyway, as they haven't updated the importer in awhile. I get that users and vendors want a better solution, myself included. Flogging the dead horse by getting mad at the Poser devs again isn't going to change the situation at all when the problem is on Daz's end.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Lisa,

Understand when I post, I'm pointing the DAZ PAs at the thread. I've been doing it for the last few days. (actually I do it every time I post) They've been watching through me. So they're seeing exactly what's going on.

Poser wants them to come back to their stable? You think this is welcoming them or enticing them to come back?

Oh, how exciting! Good for you!

Seems to me more like now that Poser isn't dead after all some people are feeling threatened and want to cut off any support Poser might get before they have a chance to get it AND insinuate that without Daz PAs Poser doesn't have a chance.

Hornet3d

Wise
And you think I care?

Just so you know this is your last post in this forum. I have better things to do with my time. Go play your agenda games somewhere else.

Thank you, I suspected that this might have to happen at some point otherwise it would just be a repeat of Poser threads I have seen for years. I came to Hivewire to avoid the type of thread this was threatening to become, it would be a shame if it's reputation for adult discussions of all things 3D art related and beyond were to become tarnished.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just a reminder to all -

It is perfectly logical that people want figures/products they like to work with software that they like. There are new people coming into the 3D world all the time, and there are also many who've been around don't understand the complexities and issues with having Genesis figures work in Poser.

Let's all try to be kind and understanding in talking about and/or to those people, as well as concerning products, software and the companies who own them.

ALL of them have real live people behind them, who have feelings. I think people forget that at times.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thank you Lisa.

There is so much intolerance and manipulation in the world today, not just in the United States. Every time I read the news, someone has been beaten or killed or threatened with harm, imprisonment, or the loss of rights because of their skin color, race, national origin, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.

There have always been people who attempt to manipulate some into violence against others through trigger words in their speeches. While the first few times, it's possible someone has done so unintentionally, from carelessness, or a lack of awareness that certain words trigger fear and anger. When someone repeatedly uses trigger words, despite the way others consistently react to those words, it's more than likely intentional.

Most of us learn from the reactions of others to be careful about what we say and how we say it. Unfortunately, those intent on distracting and sowing discord learn the opposite.

What frightens me is how acceptable and expected that behavior has become ... even in the highest office of my country.

Last thing I want is to be exposed to that type of intolerance or manipulation in a forum that has been a sanctuary to me.

Personally, I appreciate when someone lets me know they felt uncomfortable with something I wrote (or said). I am careful with what I write because I don't want to make others uncomfortable or cause them distress, so it concerns me when I do! I know many others are just as careful to not make others uncomfortable too.

When I read something that strikes me as nasty spirited, I evaluate what triggered that kind of response in me. I like to think others do the same. I think about the words used, the tone of the message, and that person's previous behavior and the reputation they have on our forums. Most often on our forums, I realize no slight was intended.

Sadly, that isn't always the case. Which is why I really appreciate how much time Lisa spends in trying to keep the forums safe and welcoming for all members. She has repeatedly explained what HiveWire considers acceptable in discussions, especially those discussions that get a wee bit passionate. Lisa is the most level headed, compassionate, and absolutely the wisest person I know. She totally amazes me in how much patience she has in situations where I want to react with my gut.

Hornet3d

Wise
Just a reminder to all -

It is perfectly logical that people want figures/products they like to work with software that they like. There are new people coming into the 3D world all the time, and there are also many who've been around don't understand the complexities and issues with having Genesis figures work in Poser.

Let's all try to be kind and understanding in talking about and/or to those people, as well as concerning products, software and the companies who own them.

ALL of them have real live people behind them, who have feelings. I think people forget that at times.
Thank you Lisa.

There is so much intolerance and manipulation in the world today, not just in the United States. Every time I read the news, someone has been beaten or killed or threatened with harm, imprisonment, or the loss of rights because of their skin color, race, national origin, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.

There have always been people who attempt to manipulate some into violence against others through trigger words in their speeches. While the first few times, it's possible someone has done so unintentionally, from carelessness, or a lack of awareness that certain words trigger fear and anger. When someone repeatedly uses trigger words, despite the way others consistently react to those words, it's more than likely intentional.

Most of us learn from the reactions of others to be careful about what we say and how we say it. Unfortunately, those intent on distracting and sowing discord learn the opposite.

What frightens me is how acceptable and expected that behavior has become ... even in the highest office of my country.

Last thing I want is to be exposed to that type of intolerance or manipulation in a forum that has been a sanctuary to me.

Personally, I appreciate when someone lets me know they felt uncomfortable with something I wrote (or said). I am careful with what I write because I don't want to make others uncomfortable or cause them distress, so it concerns me when I do! I know many others are just as careful to not make others uncomfortable too.

When I read something that strikes me as nasty spirited, I evaluate what triggered that kind of response in me. I like to think others do the same. I think about the words used, the tone of the message, and that person's previous behavior and the reputation they have on our forums. Most often on our forums, I realize no slight was intended.

Sadly, that isn't always the case. Which is why I really appreciate how much time Lisa spends in trying to keep the forums safe and welcoming for all members. She has repeatedly explained what HiveWire considers acceptable in discussions, especially those discussions that get a wee bit passionate. Lisa is the most level headed, compassionate, and absolutely the wisest person I know. She totally amazes me in how much patience she has in situations where I want to react with my gut.

Thank you for the reminder Alisa, it is easy to forget that there might be people coming new to this situation especially when there is a change of ownership and a sale on the software in question. The Genesis in Poser request can be annoying but then so can the some of those questions about Poser which most of us had to ask when we started out. We just need to take a deep breath, try and put ourselves in their shoes, and and clearly explain the issues, which I think on the whole is what has transpired here.

I agree with you Satira and have similar feelings in that I hope people would let me know if I had upset them as it was almost certainly unintentional as I never set out to upset or hurt anyone. I also agree that a lot can be gathered by looking at someone's reputation on our forum, it also goes wider than that in that you can look at their reputation and history on other forums. I was not surprised at how this thread progressed although it took a lot longer than normal and I was beginning to hope my fears were misplaced. The reason I was not surprised is because part of this had already been played out many times in other forums with some of the same actors involved. I say this not to try and upset anyone just try and explain to those who might genuinely be new to the forum why Lisa has acted as she has. She doesn't need me to defend her but I am glad she has moved to keep this particular thread open to an adult debate rather than close it, to do so would in my opinion, be a disservice to readers old and new.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Just a few thoughts. Last night I was trying to imagine what Poser and Daz Studio would be like in ten years. I'm fairly certain Renderosity will do some amazing things for Poser. They already KNOW what people like and are looking for. That they are assembling a good team reinforces my hope. Maybe in ten years the two programs will diverge completely. Maybe they will come together in some yet unthought of way. Maybe HiveWire will end up owning Poser. Who knows?

I just know I love this place! HiveWire is as good a store as any out there and with high or maybe even higher standards and getting higher. I also like the direction they are taking, focusing on their products. I also find Hivewire to allow their vendors more creative freedom.

This is the only 3D forum I have felt comfortable posting in. I appreciate the time Lisa takes in keeping it focused and friendly. I have learned a LOT here.

I just feel incredibly lucky to be a vendor here!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Me too, Janet! Me too!

Chris, Lisa, and Alisa have been so supportive of me, and the wealth of knowledge Paul has with both Poser and DS is downright amazing. I'd dearly love to be able to crawl inside his head and rummage through that knowledge.

I know right?

And now that I have learned how to model I want to do everything all at once!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Just so you know this is your last post in this forum.
Go Lisa!!! I am glad we've got the thread back to what it was supposed to be. :thankyou:

Just a few thoughts. Last night I was trying to imagine what Poser and Daz Studio would be like in ten years. I'm fairly certain Renderosity will do some amazing things for Poser.

Yeah, I agree! I am enthusiastic that it was Rendo who now handles Poser because they KNOW what it is and who we are. Therefore they know what we want and expect from it. I was never very sure about that with SMS. They did great improvements to Poser, I'll give them that, but I believe they were pushing it towards the wrong direction. For once, it was overpriced and targeting the wrong public. I often found myself conflicted with the decisions SMS were taking over the years because I believed they were derailing Poser from its path.

If Rendo manages to get the old team back together, or at least some of them, maybe Poser can get back to what it was supposed to be. The very fact that they are trying to bring the old team back is already a sign that this is going the right direction. Rendo doesn't create contents (AFAIK), but they work closely with those who do. My very first Poser products store was with them back in the early 2000's. As opposed to SMS, they KNOW this market very well, so [I believe] they will know how to handle Poser better.

That is yet to be seen, but so far it looks promising. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Rendo doesn't create contents (AFAIK), but they work closely with those who do.
I could be wrong Ken, but I believe the RPublishing vendor is Renderosity. Then again, it might just be their version of DAZ Originals. Not sure on that score.

3dcheapskate

Engaged
I could be wrong Ken, but I believe the RPublishing vendor is Renderosity. Then again, it might just be their version of DAZ Originals. Not sure on that score.
I'm fairly sure RPublishing is the Renderosity equivalent of DAZ Originals - i.e. stuff that was originally created by somebody else, but the original creator has sold the rights to them. (I vaguely recall reading that when they first released a couple of old items as freebies on ShareCG)

Last edited:

Ankie Linder

New-Bee
I'm not sure this is the correct response to your questioning whether R'osity has also acquired Poser 11 Standard but, as far as I have always known, when it's going from a Standard version, to the Pro of the same version, it's called a side-grade, not an upgrade. This means from say version 10 to version 11, or hopefully in the near future, version 11 to version 12 is an upgrade, whereas, going from version 11 Standard to version 11 Pro is a side-grade.

As far as pricing between the two, I'm not positive, but think a side-grade is slightly less expensive, because it's the same version, just more options become available with the Pro version.

I feel a bit stupid and lost (but happy that SM no longer owns Poser). Almost two years ago I bought Poser Pro 2014 and now I'm wondering ... What is it that I've bought? I started out with Poser 4, so I've been around a while