• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 11.2 Update discussion/info

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
If you answer no, the installer shuts itself down. It requires an uninstall to be able to install the new version. It will however let you choose if you want to keep your preferences.
Thanks for the confirmation Ohki, as that's what I've experienced with other, non-3D software.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I downloaded and installed the update today, but I don't recall being asked to uninstall Poser. Since Poser 11 now states it is Bondware Poser Pro, I installed the correct update files. What I had downloaded in the wee hours of this morning was an older Smith Micro installation, which I did not install.

Where is the updated Poser installed? I still only see the Smith Micro folder under Program Files. However, the Poser 11 folder in the Smith Micro folder now has a 9/17/2019 date.

So far, the Netherworks scripts I've checked still run.

I'm confused by all the content that has to be downloaded individually.
Obviously, LaFemme is new content. I'm assuming so is the PoserPremiumContent.
The ZLegacy is what we've always had available with Poser?

1568761596289.png

What are these files? Are they also legacy content?

1568761617595.png

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
My guess is that:

* This Poser update will just overwrite the existing Poser 11 installation. No matter what it says, it doesn't need to be uninstalled for an update to be installed. It has probably just overwritten your Poser.exe file with a new one, and added some new files.

* Rendo claims to be have removed the old Poser contents that used to be bundled for all these years. However, it still includes all these legacy files? I guess that's how they managed to amount to these 8GB they claim to offer. The old and the new stuff put together.

I am just guessing here, but that's what I think this is.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm surprised it was available for download, as they pushed back the date to 9/17/19. I was under the impression from comments on the Renderosity forum, that only the Early Adopters, and beta team, can access the nightly builds.

Oh and that last group of files . . . if I'm not mistaken, those are all for the Poser characters. There is an "animals" folder in my Runtime, and I believe the Casual, Clothing and Hair downloads are for the Poser figures like Pauline2, Paul2, and the rest of them that have been part of Poser for a long time. I think they made them separate because those figures are "extras" to be downloaded IF you still want them.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think they made them separate because those figures are "extras" to be downloaded IF you still want them.

If I remember this right, SMS also made the legacy contents as separate downloads to keep downloads more manageable. You only download them if you want to.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Keep in mind, in addition to what came bundled with Poser from SM over the years there was a significant amount of additional Poser Legacy content owners could Download for free. These were hidden in support pages on SM's website and included Zips for content that was removed or deprecated in some versions and dated back to Poser 3. How much of it you had access to depended on what valid serial numbers you had. As I recall, for example, with a Valid Poser 6 serial number you could access old Poser 3 and 4 ethnic figures and Asian figures not included with later versions. This may be the content that was axed (or it may be in those legazy zips... as this was mostly Zygote Media made and I believe that's what that Z is about).

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, there are several Zygote folders in various places in my Runtime.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I downloaded and installed the update today, but I don't recall being asked to uninstall Poser. Since Poser 11 now states it is Bondware Poser Pro, I installed the correct update files. What I had downloaded in the wee hours of this morning was an older Smith Micro installation, which I did not install.

Where is the updated Poser installed? I still only see the Smith Micro folder under Program Files. However, the Poser 11 folder in the Smith Micro folder now has a 9/17/2019 date.

So far, the Netherworks scripts I've checked still run.

I'm confused by all the content that has to be downloaded individually.
Obviously, LaFemme is new content. I'm assuming so is the PoserPremiumContent.
The ZLegacy is what we've always had available with Poser?

View attachment 51315

What are these files? Are they also legacy content?

View attachment 51316

You'll note, the HW figures aren't on that page yet. I'm sure that content is being worked on as fast as they can.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Since there are conflicting posts regarding Poser Pro 2014, does it "phone home," and if so, does that mean it will stop working? Or is installing this update going to "fix" that requirement for any version of Poser that needs constant reassurance it's legit?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Since there are conflicting posts regarding Poser Pro 2014, does it "phone home," and if so, does that mean it will stop working? Or is installing this update going to "fix" that requirement for any version of Poser that needs constant reassurance it's legit?
Only Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev phones home. If you did not upgrade Poser Pro 2014 to Game Dev you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Remember, Game Dev was a separate purchase to Poser Pro 2014.

IF you have the Game Dev version, and IF if phones home and fails, send a support ticket in to Bondware and they will take care of it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
You'll note, the HW figures aren't on that page yet. I'm sure that content is being worked on as fast as they can.
Hmmm, then I wonder if it pays to upgrade to PP11.2 before the 19th (Thursday). It might make sense because the server is going to be jammed up then with everyone trying to upgrade.

I would assume we could then go back, and get the HW downloads at a later date. I just didn't want to download and install, and then find it's been updated again because the beta testers and/or the Early Adopters found some more issues.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Hmmm, then I wonder if it pays to upgrade to PP11.2 before the 19th (Thursday). It might make sense because the server is going to be jammed up then with everyone trying to upgrade.

I would assume we could then go back, and get the HW downloads at a later date. I just didn't want to download and install, and then find it's been updated again because the beta testers and/or the Early Adopters found some more issues.

There ARE issues. For instance, all the texture files to the set I included in the La Femme content are missing.

I have no doubt these are not the final files.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Then I think I'll wait. Doing it at very odd hours is probably the best bet. I remember downloading from somewhere at 2:00am and it went smoothly, but the afternoon and evening before were crazy.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I wonder why I thought the update was available on the 17th??? Then too, like I said, the early am hours on the 17th had a Smith Micro install, while when I got home from work and checked again, different files were available, which installed the Bondware Poser 11.

Since I have already installed a Bondware version of Poser 11, I'm not going to worry about downloading and updating on Thursday. La Femme seems to be missing from the La Femme contents files too. All I have are the clothing.

I'm probably going to go through and delete all the content provider thumbnails. They are rather annoying.

Hornet3d

Wise
Then I think I'll wait. Doing it at very odd hours is probably the best bet. I remember downloading from somewhere at 2:00am and it went smoothly, but the afternoon and evening before were crazy.

Like you I am going to wait and try and download early and I intend not to use Poser 11 until I have it updated. I know the program will still work for 7 days but I am reluctant for it to deactivate in the first place. Mind you I am slightly biased in that I hate being forced into doing updates, I totally understand why Rendo needs to do this but I put off upgrading to Windows 10 for two years because of enforced updates. I finally went to Windows 10 when I had a new system built for me and had little choice but I am still not happy with the enforced updates. Whatever the reason I only really want to do this reinstall once.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I'm probably going to go through and delete all the content provider thumbnails. They are rather annoying.
I can see ONE link in the main folder - like the clothing. But, they put them in every danged folder! I tried to tell them, but you know.........it's a little hard to get through to marketing folks about over marketing.

eclark1894

Visionary
It might just be me, but I seem to be detecting an awful of people, some who should know better, taking the least little thing and blowing it all out of proportion. In other words, they're trolling. They seem to want Renderosity to not only give them a free update, but install the update on their machine for them. Some of it... a lot in fact, I understand and dismiss. Renderosity could have been a bit more clearer in what their intentions are and what's expected from users. But the update has been known to be coming for quite some time now, so why wait until the last minute to find out if your expected to pay for an upgrade, or if you have to re-install, or can wait until next January to upgrade because you don't want to mess with the software? I mean, come on.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
It might just be me, but I seem to be detecting an awful of people, some who should know better, taking the least little thing and blowing it all out of proportion. In other words, they're trolling. They seem to want Renderosity to not only give them a free update, but install the update on their machine for them. Some of it... a lot in fact, I understand and dismiss. Renderosity could have been a bit more clearer in what their intentions are and what's expected from users. But the update has been known to be coming for quite some time now, so why wait until the last minute to find out if your expected to pay for an upgrade, or if you have to re-install, or can wait until next January to upgrade because you don't want to mess with the software? I mean, come on.
That's a part of life in Poserworld, Earl. It just is what it is.

There are chronic complainers, chronic whiners, and chronic folks who show up a year late to the party.

We all try to have lives outside of Poser, so some folks just aren't tuned in.