• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

phd WIP shaders

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I can see a slight difference between the first and second flowers, I like the second the way the lighting is hitting looks more realistic. I can't really see a difference between the second and third (the main leaf at the bottom may look slightly greener or its my imagination :p but I do like it slightly more if its not :D)

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
I found it difficult to see the differences by just looking at the images in the post so I loaded them all into layers in Photoshop. This way I could click the different layers off and on which makes the differences more apparent.

I couldn't really see any differences in the first and third images , even while zoomed in.

To me, the second image is the best of the three. Sharper render and the lighting is better. Or perhaps it's the highlights that make the flower look more detailed and 3D.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
well... it was little trick. First and third are the same. As difference is really subtle, I wanted to neutalize order of presentation influence.
Lighting of course is the same too, so the difference is only highlights intensity and sharpness.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Just wanted to show off shaders not only on flowers
Showoff.png

And then
Hello darling.png

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Are you on a MAC or PC? If PC you can use Irfanview's Auto Adjust Colors under the Image drop down. MOST of the time it can do wonders for images to dark....

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, question . . . is that last render a cape and long dress, or just both the outside and inside of a cape? I know there's a way to do different textures for both, though I've never tried it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
it's 2-sided material. In this case on Biscuit's free cardigan. Found only a handfull clothes items were it trully usefull mostly capes. Far more usefull on plants.
Ahhhh, yes I have to agree. A cape is probably the most useful when it comes to double-sided clothing materials.