• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

phd WIP shaders

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
@Miss B @Satira Capriccio thank you ladies!

Still need to untangle this merry chaos (main compaund with ~20 inputs and 4 outputs not counting color correction and noise nodes outside) to the usable something.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Squashing problems with normal maps usage.
Constructed from Heartwood and Northern Soul by @caisson .
Shaders very fast for long- and mid-range and simple geometries without opacity maps.
Superfly sky texture on background + sunlight (infinity).
Heartwood.jpg

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Lovely render phdubrov, is that an Iray render from the new release of DS? I haven't downloaded it yet as I'm in the middle of a project and didn't want to change my set up until I've finished.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Yes. And you may need it, may be try in beta version — spectral rendering change colors. Especially skin colors. Making second version of this render now, expression, left hand, skin corrections, swap water and skydome with another env... This was part of Lakeside Folly.

And a collosal plus in new Iray is tilt-shift control. Lens distortion is good to, but tilt-shift is must have for arch renders.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Good to know but my DS mats were finished before it came out. Not everyone will update to the latest version straight away. I will probably have to provide a second set of mats at some point. Daz seem to be going that route at the moment. There are a number of people who are refusing to update past 4.8 due to Daz Connect.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Switched connect off and forget about it without even trying.
Yes, not everybody will update, not everybody will use spectral rendering.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
True and that's just what I did, switched it off...and you're right different people are interested in different aspects of a program

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Beautiful...I think that would be everyone's least favourite part(doing promos) it's definitely one of my least favourite.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Switched connect off and forget about it without even trying.
Yes, not everybody will update, not everybody will use spectral rendering.

Do you have to have connect on to update (or at least be informed of the updates)? That's funny to me, only because for a while now, I've gotten this message every time I start up DS:

Probably happened a few months ago when my computer needed it's video card replaced. But the thing is since nothing I have uses connect, I haven't bothered to fix this, so if there's been any updates, I guess I haven't known about them. Which is kind of fine by me. Although in general I'm a supporter of updates in software, since unlike Poser, I really have to work to have older versions of DS on my computer, I feel like it's worth keeping the current version, as I'm making content. I know worrying about what version of DS a person has isn't as big a deal as it is with Poser (since DS is free, and people have to pay to upgrade Poser) but still, I worry about having the 'newest' version.

Also, DS never updates it's guides, and since I'm not very good in the program, I still find that most of the time I'm trying to interpret instructions written for older versions of DS.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looks like you've been using Daz connect and it's asking you to sign in. I haven't seen that before but I don't use Daz Connect or smart content. Just waking up but it should be simple to turn it off if you don't use Daz Connect. If you do it should be just a case of signing in.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
far more humble WIP for far more humble relative of Carnation (coming Starweed&Fantastar Iray)
WIP2.png

Need ideas for artistic promos with Starweed. Fantastar much easier.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Lovely work...maybe you could do something with either the lizard or the moth if you have them?