• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Pendraia's Products at Hivewire

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
thanks Mythocentric...there are some future products in the pipeline for her I just need more hours in the day at the moment. We're just starting to write the reports at school so it's a bit insane at the moment.

You are welcome dear lady, she's a stunner! I've just been playing around with Diva and dynamic clothing aimed at K4 with some pleasing results and hopefully get time to try some hair fits, but as you say theres only so much you can do in a day. Grandaughter Lucy (aka The Munchkin) started her first day at school today so we've been in a state of chaos. I only hope the schools survived the experience! :whistling:

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
A lot of my work is aimed at children thanks mostly to my grandaughters influence (and their multitude of friends!), which usually means Kids4. A good figure in its own right although, to my mind, underdeveloped by vendors,especially where dynamic clothing and hair is concerned! Thats why Diva is such a welcome sight. The moment I saw her had me reaching automatically for the 'buy' button and I can't wait to install her and get busy. Well done that lady for creating such a charming, and delightful character! I'm looking forward to further developments! :):):)

I agree that the Kids4 never got the content they deserved. Especially it seemed like they never got the textures they deserved. There were some pretty good clothing meshes, but it seemed like most of their content was just colored without any texture. Of course, now that I've learned more about texturing. . . Hmm, time to go back and check out the content I have for them.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
K4 was never popular with the vendors. Mostly because the proportions were so off. K4's head is way too large for the body and the proportions thoughout the body are so off that the best morphing is for elves and such. There's a render in the Poser gallery right now made for Mother's Day that shows the head issue very well. Nice render, but that kid's head! Oh my!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
These days most people using the Genesis series depend on Zev0's Growing Up morphs. They do a very good job of it. But they only go down to about age 5.

And, once again, there's the issue of getting a decent texture for a kid.

Zaarin

Brilliant
K4 was never popular with the vendors. Mostly because the proportions were so off. K4's head is way too large for the body and the proportions thoughout the body are so off that the best morphing is for elves and such. There's a render in the Poser gallery right now made for Mother's Day that shows the head issue very well. Nice render, but that kid's head! Oh my!
Fully agreed. K4 is a decent model but the proportions are egregious; I swear whoever modeled K4 has never seen a child in real life. I'm working on a product that fixes K4's proportions...if I can figure out how to save scale data in an INJ pose. *headwall* And by "working on," I mean it is finished except for figuring out how to save the scale data into an INJ pose. :mad:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Fully agreed. K4 is a decent model but the proportions are egregious; I swear whoever modeled K4 has never seen a child in real life. I'm working on a product that fixes K4's proportions...if I can figure out how to save scale data in an INJ pose. *headwall* And by "working on," I mean it is finished except for figuring out how to save the scale data into an INJ pose. :mad:

ROFL, I know! Virtual World and Capsces were the only ones who made K4 usable.

Now, I use the Save Morph option in PP2014 when I scale and translate hair fits and it saves scaling in a CR2. I don't enable use PMD, when I do so, but perhaps the PMD with scaling can be created during that process? Then, you can use Creator's Toybox to convert your PMD into INJ/REM files.

My suggestion would be to pick Lyrra's brain given her new M4/V4 scaling addons.

Zaarin

Brilliant
ROFL, I know! Virtual World and Capsces were the only ones who made K4 usable.

Now, I use the Save Morph option in PP2014 when I scale and translate hair fits and it saves scaling in a CR2. I don't enable use PMD, when I do so, but perhaps the PMD with scaling can be created during that process? Then, you can use Creator's Toybox to convert your PMD into INJ/REM files.

My suggestion would be to pick Lyrra's brain given her new M4/V4 scaling addons.
Yeah, I have them saved as *.cr2 files at the moment. Unfortunately, I don't have Creator's Toybox--I was going to buy it literally the day Netherworks closed his store and I've since been unable to get in touch with him. :cry:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
From what I understand, Joe's going to be bringing all his poser utility goodies here to HiveWire, but he's had a full-time job for over a year now, and it keeps him pretty busy, so he hasn't had a chance to get them set up yet.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
That's exactly correct. Chris was in touch with him recently - his schedule has just been crazy and he hasn't had time to breathe, but he will be getting things to us to get in the store...so please hang in there!!

Zaarin

Brilliant
That's exactly correct. Chris was in touch with him recently - his schedule has just been crazy and he hasn't had time to breathe, but he will be getting things to us to get in the store...so please hang in there!!
Great news; at least my K4 overhaul will see the light of day sooner or later then! :) And sorry, Pen, for hijacking your thread. :oops:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist

Great news; at least my K4 overhaul will see the light of day sooner or later then! :) And sorry, Pen, for hijacking your thread. :oops:
No problem...on the scale data issue: I had to save that for Diva and to do that I had to hand edit the cr2 file for the injection. Paul suggested I leave the offset A's in. If you have a look at the baby Luna injection file you'll get an idea of how it needs to look. Essentially remove anything that isn't what you have done and I had to leave the offset A's in also for her to work. At the top there are some things you need to add in but everything else is pretty much taking things out.

RobZhena

Adventurous
From what I understand, Joe's going to be bringing all his poser utility goodies here to HiveWire, but he's had a full-time job for over a year now, and it keeps him pretty busy, so he hasn't had a chance to get them set up yet.

Thank goodness! His disappearance alone made the merger a disaster for the Poserverse!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I just uploaded the Cutie Pie outfit for Diva in DS here: Cutie Pie for Diva - DAZ Studio - ShareCG

This outfit was created by Sanbie and rigged by me for DS. Texture was by Sanbie.

A Poser dynamic version is in the works and will be released as soon as possible.
Diva cutie pie promo copy.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
More bad news. I fired up Poser Pro 2014 this morning and this is what I got conforming Little Dress. I tried it with and without changing the "when conforming" settings with no difference in outcome. I am using a Mac, so maybe that is part of the issue. I started a bug report at SM for you, @Pendraia, but now that I see the same problem in PP 2014, I am not sure what to report. You have to have a support account at SM to submit a report.

Just guessing, but what seems to be happening here is that the outfit is not set to follow the joint origins. If that's the case, just select the outfit BODY, and switch to the "Properties" tab on the parameters panel. Then click on "Follow origins" and the outfit should conform properly for morphs that contain "Animatable Origins" - like Diva does. I think this setting is disabled by default, so you have to check it before saving newly rigged outfits to the library.

Hope it helps. :)

TaishoBee

Adventurous
Just guessing, but what seems to be happening here is that the outfit is not set to follow the joint origins. If that's the case, just select the outfit BODY, and switch to the "Properties" tab on the parameters panel. Then click on "Follow origins" and the outfit should conform properly for morphs that contain "Animatable Origins" - like Diva does. I think this setting is disabled by default, so you have to check it before saving newly rigged outfits to the library.

Hope it helps. :)

I tried this and it made no difference. :(

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Try also checking the "follow origins" as well. This will have some rather unpredictable results depending how the animatable origins affect the conformed joints. Also get the Poser 11.0.4 update was released yesterday. It has animatable origins FINALLY working, and that will not be fixed in previous Poser versions.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Margy just pm'ed me that the new release seems to have fixed the problems she was having with conforming clothing.

Rob, did it fix your problems also?