• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Pendraia's Products at Hivewire

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed, animatable origins in 11.0.4 will have an impact on conforming outfits. It has also fixed the "backwards eyes" when making eyes to point to an object in the scene when using morphs with animatable origins. This will fail in all previous Poser versions before 11.0.4. ^__^

RobZhena

Adventurous
Sorry! I was leaving for work. No more problems. And you can copy the Diva morph to the clothes before or after conforming. SM actually fixed something for you!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yay! Thanks Rob...

I'm hoping to get a boy version done also at some point. So many things I want to make and so little time unfortunately.

TaishoBee

Adventurous
Sadly now I have this. No matter what I do. I copied Diva's morph before conforming. This is OOT's Dawn Wardrobe TShirt.

Screen Shot 2016-05-21 at 9.10.47 PM.png

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Yeah, now, select the TShirt>Body and then click on the morphing tool.

Select the arrow by Create New and choose Body Morphs

Find and select plDiva from the list

Click the Smooth option

Turn down the MAGNITUDE on the morph brush to at least 0.2500, increase the brush size

Start brushing out the crushing with the morph brush

Remember to save the resulting CR2 (after you zero the morph) and you'll only have to do it this once for Diva

TaishoBee

Adventurous
There are multiple morph brushes you can use - smooth, sag, push, pull.........you'll have to experiment if smooth isn't getting the job done.

It helps everywhere but the buttons. I've never been shown how to fix a majorly deformed button before and I don't know what/how to use sag.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
It helps everywhere but the buttons. I've never been shown how to fix a majorly deformed button before and I don't know what/how to use sag.

I've used the morph brush on buttons quite a bit. I guess it depends on how it was modeled. If they are giving you that much trouble and are a separate material, I would just hide them in the material room and paint buttons on. Sounds like they are more trouble than they are worth.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The way to fix buttons is rather complicated, but it can be done. Perhaps not entirely in Poser, but I am working with SMS to add new brushes to the Morphing Tool. With what we have, the way to completely restore buttons that have been completely destroyed by morphs is:

1. Open the Morphing Tool and select the morph that is causing the trouble from the list on the top.
2. Pick the "Restore" brush and set intensity to max "1".
3. Constrain the effect to only the buttons material (requires Poser 11).
4. Run the brush over the mangled buttons.

The buttons will be completely restored to the original shape, but with Animatable Origins FBMs, they will ALSO return to the position & rotation they were before the morph was applied. You can move them back with the Push brush with max intensity in "Screen" mode, but there is a chance they may get stretched in the way. It will also be hard to rotate them to fit the new location orientation, and you may not be able to move individual buttons if they are close together - hence the need for additional brushes. In this case, it's best to use ZBrush if you can.

Hope it helps!

TaishoBee

Adventurous
I've used the morph brush on buttons quite a bit. I guess it depends on how it was modeled. If they are giving you that much trouble and are a separate material, I would just hide them in the material room and paint buttons on. Sounds like they are more trouble than they are worth.

The way to fix buttons is rather complicated, but it can be done. Perhaps not entirely in Poser, but I am working with SMS to add new brushes to the Morphing Tool. With what we have, the way to completely restore buttons that have been completely destroyed by morphs is:

1. Open the Morphing Tool and select the morph that is causing the trouble from the list on the top.
2. Pick the "Restore" brush and set intensity to max "1".
3. Constrain the effect to only the buttons material (requires Poser 11).
4. Run the brush over the mangled buttons.

The buttons will be completely restored to the original shape, but with Animatable Origins FBMs, they will ALSO return to the position & rotation they were before the morph was applied. You can move them back with the Push brush with max intensity in "Screen" mode, but there is a chance they may get stretched in the way. It will also be hard to rotate them to fit the new location orientation, and you may not be able to move individual buttons if they are close together - hence the need for additional brushes. In this case, it's best to use ZBrush if you can.

Hope it helps!

Thank you both, I'll try these steps! I'm so glad I asked! I have gotten some pants on her so far with your help!

My next question is about shoes. I can't get any to fit Diva without warping, severely. Do you have any suggestions? I have tried i13's Athletic Shoes, some from Poser World, and Willow's sneakers.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I will suggest the method I use over here, which doesn't require using any conversion tools:

1. Load the shoes into the scene, but do NOT conform them (important!)
2. Move, rotate and scale them into place to match the figure's feet. You can also use the Morphing Tool or magnets if needed.
3. Once the shoes are in place, switch to the Fitting Room, create a new project and select the shoes as the source, but UNCHECK the zero figure box (important!!).
4. Press the "Create Figure" button.
5. Select the bones from HIP all the way to TOE, but not the individual toe fingers (important!). Leave "Auto group" enabled, unless the shoes already share the same groups as the target figure.
6. Go back to the Pose Room and delete the original shoes.

Now you have perfectly fitting shoes with NO distortion at all! ^__^

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I've started working on some cloth room tutorials. Not so much the how to use the cloth room if you've never done it before, but more the how to do harder things in the cloth room. I just posted my first one, that is about how to refit dynamic clothing items to other characters and to extreme morphs, and I specifically talk about how to do that from Dawn to Diva, so I thought I'd mention it here for any Poser users. Let me know if it needs any changes or doesn't make sense.