• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Szark

Awesome
well my second one is done and uploaded but not yet updated....something completely different from me this time. Good luck everyone (especially me LOL )

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
@Ken Gilliland are we NOT supposed to have a signature on our entries? I found one of my older pieces that I think is pretty nice, cropped and sized it for the contest...but have not put my sig on yet... I'm confused- we can see who did which one in the contest gallery. Just let me know and I shall submit

Signatures are okay... the judges aren't from our 3D community so seeing a signature won't lead to any hints of favoritism. I did recommend earlier in this thread that if you do sign the work, I'd suggest making it inconspicuous. In past years, several people have submitted art with huge watermark signatures; that simply takes away from your work.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, inconspicuous is always better, even under normal circumstances.

Szark

Awesome
Take a look at my second image:

Good tip for Iray.
Look at the Rugby ball and see the jagged edge of the shadow...I missed that. I should have used Sub-D on the ball to stop that happening. Damm

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I just went and looked at it, and if you hadn't just posted about that edge, I wouldn't have noticed it. ;)

Szark

Awesome
Take a look at my second image:

Good tip for Iray.
Look at the Rugby ball and see the jagged edge of the shadow...I missed that. I should have used Sub-D on the ball to stop that happening. Damm
And here is the proof, before and after applying Sub-D

Ball.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Managed to upload my entry last week but hasn't updated as of yet... Hopefully I'll be able to get a second one done if time permits but so much to do when settling into a new home.

Though rain is forecast for the next week so that might help

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Put mine up last week and it's not showing yet either. Fingers crossed it did upload.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry guys. I need to contact Lisa. The artist nicknames seems to be missing, and I can't locate it on the submissions.

I know some of your artist nicknames, but there are submissions from others who haven't submitted before.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Mine was just under my own name, no nickname, Satira. If it's disappeared into cyberspace can you let me know and I'll re-upload.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The images are there. It's just that I can't rename them with the image name by artist name.

Like ... The Baby Bird Dragon by Satira Capriccio.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Mines there with my full name, that's ok by me :) (not sure how others feel about it tho)