• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's one of the many wonderful things about HiveWire.

It's a shame when a site (or a government) shuts down discussion just because it's uncomfortable for them or it doesn't reflect the image they are trying to promote. Of course, shutting down discussions tends to do far more damage to that image than allowing the discussion to run its course. Eventually, we do get tired of a discussion and move on to something far more interesting.

One major difference, Daz seemed to regard it as criticism or bashing while most the team here saw it as feedback.

Well I don't see how locking the original announcement thread would've done any good, as anyone could've started a new thread, and we would still have had 31 pages of posts that could've been easily viewed by anyone from DAZ.

Yes, but the individuals that mentioned this seem to believe that comments that aren't constructive or could be construed as negative should be suppressed like is commonly done on the DAZ3D forums.

One major difference, Daz seemed to regard it as criticism or bashing while most the team here saw it as feedback.

True, and that more or less proves my point; they let how their forums are run close their mind to any other way to do that.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, but the individuals that mentioned this seem to believe that comments that aren't constructive or could be construed as negative should be suppressed like is commonly done on the DAZ3D forums.
Sorry, but I believe in free speech unless, of course, it's outright negative and damaging. Anyone can construe something someone else wrote as being negative, when it really isn't. It's one of the reasons why written words on a forum are often misconstrued. The person reading them read something into them which the original poster hadn't meant. We can't read other people's minds to know exactly what they're thinking, and certainly not through an Internet connection. I think there are folks who just love to be contrary, and have to complain about everything. I generally just ignore them.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's natural to read what should be there, rather than what IS there. The way to avoid that is to simply read the text backward - that prevents reading context.
Interesting, I never would've thought of doing that.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, one of the other forum moderators fixed the typo. I'm always surprised when someone posting to a forum doesn't read their post to make sure there isn't any typos. I miss them every now and then, but rarely. I guess I'm just anal about such things. Working for lawyers for 40 years drummed it into my head, and I suppose it just became automatic. ;)
You mean, like using "there isn't any typos" , instead of "there aren't any typos"? :sneaky:

Sorry, but I believe in free speech unless, of course, it's outright negative and damaging. Anyone can construe something someone else wrote as being negative, when it really isn't. It's one of the reasons why written words on a forum are often misconstrued. The person reading them read something into them which the original poster hadn't meant. We can't read other people's minds to know exactly what they're thinking, and certainly not through an Internet connection. I think there are folks who just love to be contrary, and have to complain about everything. I generally just ignore them.

:)

Deecey

Admirable
Contributing Artist
I was excited to become a vendor there, too. I worked my butt off to make things good enough to be accepted for sale there. It was so worth the effort! Not to mention, as Laurie said, making connections with artists and teaming up and fun stuff.

Those were the good old days. I remember when Platinum club first started. I was a PA there from 2002 until I officially bowed out in 2014 (though I hadn't been real active after 2009). My my my how things have changed. 8-(

eclark1894

Visionary
Those were the good old days. I remember when Platinum club first started. I was a PA there from 2002 until I officially bowed out in 2014 (though I hadn't been real active after 2009). My my my how things have changed. 8-(
I had to leave before then. I was losing money every month. I pretty much had everything that was there.

Deecey

Admirable
Contributing Artist
I had to leave before then. I was losing money every month. I pretty much had everything that was there.

Every now and then I have a moment of weakness when I think about going back there. But then things like this happen. 8-(

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
The typo monster strikes again. Grammarly is free in its basic form, and corrects typos, misspells and grammar as you go along. In fact, it's doing it right now and has informed me that I've made three errors so far (2 spelling errors and one badly chosen word!) The best part is it doesn't delete posts just because they don't happen to comply with its self-image! :whistling:

Last edited:

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Thank you, Alisa. And thanks, too, to the guys who "liked" my first post! Wow.

Though I have gone through the gallery and liked every recent image with a Hivewire animal in it! lol How funny would it be to have HW animals dominate the leader board!

I did the same thing, L'Adair. I'd love to see HW take over topshelf-- until they notice!