1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

New all-star Poser-only figure released!

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Ken1171, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I agree, and so did several dozen folks who posted in the Renderosity forums about it. To me it was just a matter of poor advertising, as the email, main "introduction" page, as well as the product page, could have a note that you need a minimum purchase of $3.50 "while Le Femme is available for free". A nice short statement would've been appropriate.

The thing is, that's true of ANY item that's free for a while, or an item that's on sale for a price less than $3.50. You must have an item that's $3.50 or more in the cart at the same time. I had this happen once a number of years ago, when I tried to pick up something on sale for $2.50. It wouldn't let me buy it by itself, so this is how the Renderosity Cart has always been set up. Folks just haven't noticed it, or not enough folks all at the same time, have noticed it before the introduction of La Femme to the store.

LisaB and Rae134 like this.
  2. Varnayrah

Varnayrah Eager Contributing Artist

But it is stated in the product description that a minimum purchase of$3.50 is required. Although you have to scroll down to the bottom of the product description and is not enhanced in any way so one might easily overlook it.

Rae134 likes this.
  3. Miss B

That may very well have been an "after thought". IOW, after so many folks on the forum posted about it, they decided to add it to the bottom of the product page. I think they should've had it up near the description of what you're getting in the La Femme Base package. Then everyone would've seen it.

4. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

When the put something all the way down to the page bottom, it may be considered the "fine print" part of the deal. The title and features go on the top, and the fine print somewhere down the bottom, where people won't usually read.

5. Miss B

True, but I have a feeling it wasn't there originally. If they had put the statement where folks would definitely see it, there wouldn't have been so many negative posts on the Renderosity forum about it. So if you're thinking is correct, they brought it on themselves.

6. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Their cart has always been set up with a minimum sale of $3.50 don't know if its how their software is set up (tho I don't know what it would be this price rather than a $1). I've tried buying stuff in the past like Miss B that was under that price and it wouldn't go through until it reached the minimum.

7. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

My guess is that this is their way to avoid people creating accounts just to download freebies. I remember that 90% of the people who accessed my store at CP were only after my freebies, which was rather discouraging.

LisaB and Rae134 like this.
  8. Miss B

Well, anyone can create an account and just download freebies. They have a huuuuge selection of freebies. I think they just don't want anyone doing so for an item that won't be free forever, as in the case of La Femme. I think that's why Ero didn't offer Project Evolution at Renderosity until it was full price, so she was only available at CGBytes (I think) for free until that initial period was over.

Deleted member 789 and Rae134 like this.
  9. Glitterati3D

Glitterati3D Dances with Bees

Ohhh, I love them as well. Her characters for Dawn were always great. I have Angel and Mina as well and will do some renders of them. Love them all.

Thanks, Janet. Actually, if not for the fact that it was Gabe (Blackhearted) to asked me to join the project, I wouldn't have. I'm glad I did because she's a really good figure and something Poser has needed for a long time. He's a good, long time friend and I wouldn't even consider telling him "No" on something like this.

Since so many have unfairly tarnished Dawn, it's good to see folks like Nerd, Deecey and Blackhearted declare Poser is far from dead.

Hornet3d, Rae134 and Ken1171 like this.
  10. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Hey Glitter! Good to see you! Yes I agree this figure says "Poser is going places." Nice to see Renderosity gave it a place of prominence on their site too.

11. Miss B

Yes, Le Femme is definitely going a long way in letting the Poser community know Poser is still going strong.

Janet likes this.
  12. Freyfaxi

Freyfaxi Adventurous

I really don't see the need for all this angst. The La Femme figure IS free ( for now) as advertised..and good for that. The fact that the Renderosity shop has a minimum purchase limit of $3.50 is a totally different matter.

Miss B likes this.
  13. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

The angst is not aimed at La Femme but more aimed at a practice that many see as unfair. The point is that you cannot get La Femme for free you have to pay at least $3.50 which is still a stunning price for such a great figure with lots of potential and an added product of your choice. It is a bit like going into a coffee shop for and advertised free cup of coffee and then being told there is a charge of $3.50 for the biscuit that comes with it that you must buy. It is still a stunning offer but like so much is life it is how you do something is often as important as what you do.

Nod likes this.
  14. Willowisp

Willowisp Adventurous

I am truly astounded by the rabble happening over a measly 3.50. As usual, the Poser community is it's own worst enemy :cautious:

The figure is great, if you are too cheap to pay 3.50, then it is your loss.

Karina likes this.
  15. Miss B

Well, I paid more than $3.50, but I got something totally unrelated to LF I've had in my wishlist for a while. I just bought the item a little sooner than I was originally planning.

I don't think it was the amount of the necessary purchase that was the issue, but the necessity of having to pay the amount (any amount) without upfront notice of such a necessity, that's the issue.

16. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

Yeah tried to download it but there is apparently a $3.50 minimum order size to get it....gotta have something you pay for in the order even if it is free. Kinda sucks but that is what it is.....so much for being free to play with.

17. BornTechy

BornTechy New-Bee

mininessie:

It's great to see that you were able to get some morphs to work in DS. May I ask how you were able to save out the injected character? I can do it in DS but I'm all thumbs in Poser Pro 2012.

Thanks!

18. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

Well, she is a lot better looking than Miki was out of the box. I have not seen any community artists renders of her yet to see how she is being used. Product shots for me are notoriously misleading depending on who creates them. From the little i have seen so far she looks a bit toon styled. Dawn is much better looking. For my money, though she is free for now, I think The Erogenesis girl (sorry don't remember her name.....brain just took a vacation) is better looking and looks more realistic .

As I stated, I was upset I had to buy something just t get her and not just for the $3++ bucks but because I really can't use anything new due to dying computer making rendering and using content impossible. I wanted to get it before the FREE price to play disappears. I am well aware of the primary law of economics that nothing is free...well, at least nothing really good!

19. Nod

Nod Eager

It used to be a less. I won Poser 10 ages back, but think I had to pay a cent for it in order to get it. It might have been £1.99.
    Other than that, La Femme is nice, but a pain in the arse to make a texture for if you use Blacksmith, as she uses UDIM UV's which Blacksmith doesn't support. So you have to download a free UVS file from Renderosity and also own a copy of UV Mapper. You then have to save out the full figure to use in Blacksmith. When I make textures, I like saving out sections of the body, just like they are in the maps. So I'll have a head, arms, legs, etc., and load them individually into Blacksmith.
    Hopefully, there'll be a patch for Blacksmith to accept UDIM maps sometime soon.

20. Nod

Nod Eager

Why is there a time limit on edits?
    I was going to add that if it had been more than $1.99 for an item I'd supposedly won, I'd have been emailing Renderosity and complaining. I don't care what the price is.