• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

New all-star Poser-only figure released!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
To me its the principal, and I rarely shop at Rendo these days, if they want people to try out this figure then they shouldn't have to meet certain conditions to do so, especially considering how it was advertised
I agree, and so did several dozen folks who posted in the Renderosity forums about it. To me it was just a matter of poor advertising, as the email, main "introduction" page, as well as the product page, could have a note that you need a minimum purchase of $3.50 "while Le Femme is available for free". A nice short statement would've been appropriate.

The thing is, that's true of ANY item that's free for a while, or an item that's on sale for a price less than $3.50. You must have an item that's $3.50 or more in the cart at the same time. I had this happen once a number of years ago, when I tried to pick up something on sale for $2.50. It wouldn't let me buy it by itself, so this is how the Renderosity Cart has always been set up. Folks just haven't noticed it, or not enough folks all at the same time, have noticed it before the introduction of La Femme to the store.

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
But it is stated in the product description that a minimum purchase of$3.50 is required. Although you have to scroll down to the bottom of the product description and is not enhanced in any way so one might easily overlook it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
But it is stated in the product description that a minimum purchase of$3.50 is required. Although you have to scroll down to the bottom of the product description and is not enhanced in any way so one might easily overlook it.
That may very well have been an "after thought". IOW, after so many folks on the forum posted about it, they decided to add it to the bottom of the product page. I think they should've had it up near the description of what you're getting in the La Femme Base package. Then everyone would've seen it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
When the put something all the way down to the page bottom, it may be considered the "fine print" part of the deal. The title and features go on the top, and the fine print somewhere down the bottom, where people won't usually read.

Miss B

CV-BEE
True, but I have a feeling it wasn't there originally. If they had put the statement where folks would definitely see it, there wouldn't have been so many negative posts on the Renderosity forum about it. So if you're thinking is correct, they brought it on themselves.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
But you have to buy something of $3.50 or more to get her 'free'
Their cart has always been set up with a minimum sale of $3.50 don't know if its how their software is set up (tho I don't know what it would be this price rather than a $1). I've tried buying stuff in the past like Miss B that was under that price and it wouldn't go through until it reached the minimum.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
My guess is that this is their way to avoid people creating accounts just to download freebies. I remember that 90% of the people who accessed my store at CP were only after my freebies, which was rather discouraging.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, anyone can create an account and just download freebies. They have a huuuuge selection of freebies. I think they just don't want anyone doing so for an item that won't be free forever, as in the case of La Femme. I think that's why Ero didn't offer Project Evolution at Renderosity until it was full price, so she was only available at CGBytes (I think) for free until that initial period was over.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Hi there, great to hear from you and I hope all things are well in your life.

I love Tempesta characters and these are great with good skin textures, for me personally Angel is the best.

Ohhh, I love them as well. Her characters for Dawn were always great. I have Angel and Mina as well and will do some renders of them. Love them all.

I checked her out today. Looks really good. She and a couple of clothing items are in my cart. Good to see Glitterati has something out for her. If I didn't do mostly animal or male images I would have bought her by now.

Thanks, Janet. Actually, if not for the fact that it was Gabe (Blackhearted) to asked me to join the project, I wouldn't have. I'm glad I did because she's a really good figure and something Poser has needed for a long time. He's a good, long time friend and I wouldn't even consider telling him "No" on something like this.

Since so many have unfairly tarnished Dawn, it's good to see folks like Nerd, Deecey and Blackhearted declare Poser is far from dead.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hey Glitter! Good to see you! Yes I agree this figure says "Poser is going places." Nice to see Renderosity gave it a place of prominence on their site too.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Since so many have unfairly tarnished Dawn, it's good to see folks like Nerd, Deecey and Blackhearted declare Poser is far from dead.
Yes, Le Femme is definitely going a long way in letting the Poser community know Poser is still going strong.

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
I really don't see the need for all this angst. The La Femme figure IS free ( for now) as advertised..and good for that. The fact that the Renderosity shop has a minimum purchase limit of $3.50 is a totally different matter.

Hornet3d

Wise
I really don't see the need for all this angst. The La Femme figure IS free ( for now) as advertised..and good for that. The fact that the Renderosity shop has a minimum purchase limit of $3.50 is a totally different matter.

The angst is not aimed at La Femme but more aimed at a practice that many see as unfair. The point is that you cannot get La Femme for free you have to pay at least $3.50 which is still a stunning price for such a great figure with lots of potential and an added product of your choice. It is a bit like going into a coffee shop for and advertised free cup of coffee and then being told there is a charge of $3.50 for the biscuit that comes with it that you must buy. It is still a stunning offer but like so much is life it is how you do something is often as important as what you do.

Reactions: Nod

Willowisp

Adventurous
I am truly astounded by the rabble happening over a measly 3.50. As usual, the Poser community is it's own worst enemy :cautious:

The figure is great, if you are too cheap to pay 3.50, then it is your loss.

Miss B

CV-BEE
The figure is great, if you are too cheap to pay 3.50, then it is your loss.
Well, I paid more than $3.50, but I got something totally unrelated to LF I've had in my wishlist for a while. I just bought the item a little sooner than I was originally planning.

I don't think it was the amount of the necessary purchase that was the issue, but the necessity of having to pay the amount (any amount) without upfront notice of such a necessity, that's the issue.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
SMS and Renderosity have joined hands to create the next big thing - the "La Femme" figure. A group of all-star developers have participated on the creation, to include:

* Charles "Nerd3D" Taylor (rigging)
* Gabriel "Blackhearted" Creed (base shape and morphs)
* Denise "Deecey" Tyler (Face morphs and shaders)
* Rhiannon Morrigan (Textures and shaders)
* Stefan Werner (SSS and raytraced eyes shaders)

If you don't know these people, you have either been living in a cave, or you are new to Poser. Seriously! They claim it uses all the new features from Poser 11, which can only be a good thing. I would certainly have a render to show, but I have no computer to work with for the time being. In other words, I have only seem the promos at Rendo, and they look good. I am assuming it's good based on the promos and the people who have worked on it. I remember my previous PC also broke when Dawn first came out, and my first product for her was grounded for a weeks. LOL

I would LOVE to give it a try on my runtime, if I could. The base figure is offered for FREE at Rendo, and it's sponsored by both SMS and Renderosity. This might be the push Poser was needing all this time! ^____^

Give it a try and let me know how it goes!
Yeah tried to download it but there is apparently a $3.50 minimum order size to get it....gotta have something you pay for in the order even if it is free. Kinda sucks but that is what it is.....so much for being free to play with.

BornTechy

New-Bee
mininessie:

It's great to see that you were able to get some morphs to work in DS. May I ask how you were able to save out the injected character? I can do it in DS but I'm all thumbs in Poser Pro 2012.

Thanks!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Oh I remember that part! Dawn was free until Dawn SE came out, which was about 2 years later.

BTW, SMS has added La Femme to their Poser sales page, as the new Poser base figure. Like it was with Miki, there was a version of the figure that was bundled with Poser, and then another that was sold separately. I still have my Miki 2.0 jewel case here on the shelf. They claim La Femme will be free for all who purchase Poser, for a limited time. She's also free at Rendo.

I want to support Poser, and will certainly support this new figure as soon as I have a working computer.

I am dying to know more about this figure. I think I will buy one of the combos, but haven't decided which one.

Well, she is a lot better looking than Miki was out of the box. I have not seen any community artists renders of her yet to see how she is being used. Product shots for me are notoriously misleading depending on who creates them. From the little i have seen so far she looks a bit toon styled. Dawn is much better looking. For my money, though she is free for now, I think The Erogenesis girl (sorry don't remember her name.....brain just took a vacation) is better looking and looks more realistic .

As I stated, I was upset I had to buy something just t get her and not just for the $3++ bucks but because I really can't use anything new due to dying computer making rendering and using content impossible. I wanted to get it before the FREE price to play disappears. I am well aware of the primary law of economics that nothing is free...well, at least nothing really good!

Nod

Adventurous
WARNING!!! For those who are not familiar with Renderosity's policies, you can NOT purchase anything less than $3.50 at Renderosity, so you'll need to either purchase one of La Femme's add-ons, and there are a whole slew of them, or something from your Wishlist.

I keep forgetting about the $3.50 purchase minimum in the Renderosity Carts, and was disappointed, but I happened to have an inexpensive item in my Wishlist I was going to wait to buy, and decided to buy it today so I could grab La Femme while she's free. There is no "end" date for the free price, as you would usually see on a product page if Renderosity has it on sale, so there's no telling how long it will be available for free, before it goes up to it's base price of about $29.95.

It used to be a less. I won Poser 10 ages back, but think I had to pay a cent for it in order to get it. It might have been £1.99.
Other than that, La Femme is nice, but a pain in the arse to make a texture for if you use Blacksmith, as she uses UDIM UV's which Blacksmith doesn't support. So you have to download a free UVS file from Renderosity and also own a copy of UV Mapper. You then have to save out the full figure to use in Blacksmith. When I make textures, I like saving out sections of the body, just like they are in the maps. So I'll have a head, arms, legs, etc., and load them individually into Blacksmith.
Hopefully, there'll be a patch for Blacksmith to accept UDIM maps sometime soon.

Nod

Adventurous
Why is there a time limit on edits?
I was going to add that if it had been more than $1.99 for an item I'd supposedly won, I'd have been emailing Renderosity and complaining. I don't care what the price is.