• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

New all-star Poser-only figure released!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
SMS and Renderosity have joined hands to create the next big thing - the "La Femme" figure. A group of all-star developers have participated on the creation, to include:

* Charles "Nerd3D" Taylor (rigging)
* Gabriel "Blackhearted" Creed (base shape and morphs)
* Denise "Deecey" Tyler (Face morphs and shaders)
* Rhiannon Morrigan (Textures and shaders)
* Stefan Werner (SSS and raytraced eyes shaders)

If you don't know these people, you have either been living in a cave, or you are new to Poser. Seriously! They claim it uses all the new features from Poser 11, which can only be a good thing. I would certainly have a render to show, but I have no computer to work with for the time being. In other words, I have only seem the promos at Rendo, and they look good. I am assuming it's good based on the promos and the people who have worked on it. I remember my previous PC also broke when Dawn first came out, and my first product for her was grounded for a weeks. LOL

I would LOVE to give it a try on my runtime, if I could. The base figure is offered for FREE at Rendo, and it's sponsored by both SMS and Renderosity. This might be the push Poser was needing all this time! ^____^

Give it a try and let me know how it goes!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I would LOVE to give it a try on my runtime, if I could. The base figure is offered for FREE at Rendo, and it's sponsored by both SMS and Renderosity. This might be the push Poser was needing all this time! ^____^
WARNING!!! For those who are not familiar with Renderosity's policies, you can NOT purchase anything less than $3.50 at Renderosity, so you'll need to either purchase one of La Femme's add-ons, and there are a whole slew of them, or something from your Wishlist.

I keep forgetting about the $3.50 purchase minimum in the Renderosity Carts, and was disappointed, but I happened to have an inexpensive item in my Wishlist I was going to wait to buy, and decided to buy it today so I could grab La Femme while she's free. There is no "end" date for the free price, as you would usually see on a product page if Renderosity has it on sale, so there's no telling how long it will be available for free, before it goes up to it's base price of about $29.95.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the heads up, Miss B! I didn't know about the minimum cart value at Rendo. I didn't download the base figure because this laptop can't handle Poser, but you are right about La Femme being only free for a limited time. Who knows until when? Aiko 3 was free for several years, so long that I had never considered the possibility that DAZ would ever charge for her, but here we are - it's not free anymore. Not sure who would pay for Aiko3 these days, but that's not the point.

I have found the new contents for La Femme very pretty and attractive, which is no wonder considering who made them. Very talented people - I want to be like them when I grow up! LOL

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have found the new contents for La Femme very pretty and attractive, which is no wonder considering who made them. Very talented people - I want to be like them when I grow up! LOL
~ROFL~ Yes an extremely talented group for sure.

Renderosity has always had the minimum requirement, but it's been so long since I last tried to grab a product that's on sale real cheap, for say $2.50, that I was reminded when I tried to purchase it. I was glad when I remembered I had an item in my Wishlist that wasn't all that expensive, and decided to get it today, instead of waiting to get it at a later date.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks for the heads up, Miss B! I didn't know about the minimum cart value at Rendo. I didn't download the base figure because this laptop can't handle Poser, but you are right about La Femme being only free for a limited time. Who knows until when? Aiko 3 was free for several years, so long that I had never considered the possibility that DAZ would ever charge for her, but here we are - it's not free anymore. Not sure who would pay for Aiko3 these days, but that's not the point.
HiveWire did that with the original Dawn as well, but I don't recall now for how long it was, or for that matter, how long Erogenesis had PE available for free, so there's really no telling what SM & Renderosity will decide as far as that goes.

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
I downloaded LaFemme and a few of her extras this morning..playing with her now. She's looking good, but like most new figures, she'll take some getting used to her tricks and quirks. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
HiveWire did that with the original Dawn as well, but I don't recall now for how long it was

Oh I remember that part! Dawn was free until Dawn SE came out, which was about 2 years later.

BTW, SMS has added La Femme to their Poser sales page, as the new Poser base figure. Like it was with Miki, there was a version of the figure that was bundled with Poser, and then another that was sold separately. I still have my Miki 2.0 jewel case here on the shelf. They claim La Femme will be free for all who purchase Poser, for a limited time. She's also free at Rendo.

I want to support Poser, and will certainly support this new figure as soon as I have a working computer.

I downloaded LaFemme and a few of her extras this morning..playing with her now. She's looking good, but like most new figures, she'll take some getting used to her tricks and quirks. :)

I am dying to know more about this figure. I think I will buy one of the combos, but haven't decided which one.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm curious, which of the slew of goodies for her did you get? The one that really stood out for me were those gorgeous shoes Blackhearted created for her.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am about to get the base figure, plus 2 of the body pose packs, and the hand poses. That Carrie character is also lovely. ^^

Leana

Enthusiast
The new figure looks quite good - not that it is surprising given the team who created her ;)
I won't use her myself since I don't have P11 and have zero plans to buy it, but it will be interesting to see how she develops and how much support she gets.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The new figure looks quite good - not that it is surprising given the team who created her ;)
I won't use her myself since I don't have P11 and have zero plans to buy it, but it will be interesting to see how she develops and how much support she gets.

I don't know how much support she will get, but she has already started with plenty of contents at release, which is always a good strategy. Let's hope there won't be "interference" from other companies like it happened with HW.

Hornet3d

Wise
Really good news but then anything to boost Poser is good news. I wonder if this marks a change for SMS by having a skilled team build figures while they concentrate on Poser.

Figure certainly looks good although I am not sure about the claim that she is the only Poser figure that can cross her toes. May well be true but I am not sure how often it would be used also, just for personal interest I wonder how many people can cross their toes as shown. I can get close getting my big toe over the smaller toe but not the other way around. Don't take that as knocking the figure it just peaked my interest that is all.

Potential for expressions looks very good so I will be looking with interest what the wider 3D community do with this, and the figure in general. For me personally though it will be a non starter, not only because I don't buy from Renderosity but it would be the same for any new figure. I need to see what I can do with any new figure that I cannot do with Dawn and I would also wait until there were some nice mature characters available. Still a nice start to 2019 though and I will be following this figure with interest.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
still playing with her...but some quick renders

la femme2.jpg
laFemme full.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
still playing with her...but some quick renders

Cool!! Is this a Poser or DS render?

I have just installed the content I've bought from Rendo, which also means I've got LaFemme for free. I've just got some poses and the Carrie character. Just a pity we can't convert any V4 textures to LaFemme at the moment. I was thinking on creating a program to do that. I remember playing with that when I was a student in the 80s, even if just to morph a person's face photo into another. It's the same math. I wonder how slow it would be with a 4K texture, though, since it's over 2 million colors to process per map. Hmm...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Really good news but then anything to boost Poser is good news. I wonder if this marks a change for SMS by having a skilled team build figures while they concentrate on Poser.

Remember how many times people asked SMS to STOP trying to make figures and concentrate on making Poser better? Looks like they have finally listened, and left the talented ones take care of making the figures. This is how it should had been from the beginning! ^^

it´s a DS render...i injected the morphs in poser 10...saved as a new figure...then in Ds converted the figure to the triax weightmapp...and here she is...working on Ds

Oh, but then you will loose all the master dials, ERCs and perhaps the JCMs? I also know that DS will often ignore some of the texture map channels, like all the specular maps. On the positive side, have you tried to Auto-Fit something to it? That could be a huge time-saver.