• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Urechis caupo, a weird looking non-segmented Marine Worm that looks strangely familiar. In some parts of the world, like South Korea, they're a delicacy!
ROFLMAO......am I supposed to *like* that, or *report* that? LOL!!!!!

Carey

Extraordinary
Urechis caupo, a weird looking non-segmented Marine Worm that looks strangely familiar. In some parts of the world, like South Korea, they're a delicacy!
View attachment 55205
Elane Bobbet must have dropped that in the water...Sorry I am straight hetro this and is not on my diet... I think that is as many one liners as I dare share here....lol

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I am finally working on a new Nature's Wonders model. As with my last few NW products, I'll be keeping the project under wraps until I'm pretty close to release (which I'm guessing will be late February).

I've seen it and its awesome!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh you teasers. Now I'll be driving my brain crazy trying to figure out what it is!! :D

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
Have you possibly ever thought about whether you might included Bats in your "Nature Wonders" series? There are so many species from the horseshoe bat to the vampire . . . and they still fly. Maybe a SBRM-model could be work as a base. This is still a suggestion.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Have you possibly ever thought about whether you might included Bats in your "Nature Wonders" series? There are so many species from the horseshoe bat to the vampire . . . and they still fly. Maybe a SBRM-model could be work as a base. This is still a suggestion.

I did consider doing bats and even started a very rough model... the mistake I made was making the "idea" public. I won't accuse anyone of using my NW thread for their inspiration, but since then I don't talk about my NW projects until they are close to release. Will I ever do a bat? Maybe someday I'll pick up that wip bat model again.

I am currently working on a Nature's Wonders model that I put aside in February to get my Audubon Birthday Sale items done. I'm guessing it will be close enough to show in early July,

Last edited:

Carey

Extraordinary
yep, I had one fall into our swimming pool, I thought a kid had gotten over our fence and fell in :D (I like to call them Sky Puppies hahaha)
I would love a Flying Fox, I have them visit me here on the Gold Coast Aus hint hint lol
Been watching orphans being raised on youtube, ugliest dang dogs you ever saw a really bad case of breeding, crossing a cockatoo with a dingo, huh Some animals let you know, God has a real sense of humor...lol
they eat those sticky fruits, image trying to keep your yard curbed with them around?

Carey

Extraordinary
I thought I'd share a little real world Nature's Wonders. Over the last 6 weeks we've been inundated with Painted Lady butterflies... literally thousands every day. This last weekend was no exception. With our almost entirely native Californian garden, there's a huge attraction to our yard (only 10% of native insects are only attracted to non-native plants) .

Here's some photos of Painted Ladies on our native golden currants (and yes, those flowers will turn into delicious currant berries).

View attachment 45594 View attachment 45595 View attachment 45596
So we have learned to speak painted lady, mr doolittle, how great, still could use a bit of work on that accent you have, comes across as a bit of a lisp you know....