Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Ken Gilliland, Dec 22, 2015.

1. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

the fishes look wonderful Ken...love them!

Ken Gilliland likes this.
  2. Ken Gilliland

Ken Gilliland Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

I thought I'd share a little real world Nature's Wonders. Over the last 6 weeks we've been inundated with Painted Lady butterflies... literally thousands every day. This last weekend was no exception. With our almost entirely native Californian garden, there's a huge attraction to our yard (only 10% of native insects are only attracted to non-native plants) .

Here's some photos of Painted Ladies on our native golden currants (and yes, those flowers will turn into delicious currant berries).

DSC_4629.JPG DSC_4631.JPG DSC_4633.JPG

Chris, Flint_Hawk, LisaB and 6 others like this.
  3. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

WOW, nice Ken. I especially like that last photo. The DoF is perfect! :)

4. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

Really lovely!

5. Miss B

Oh, the NY Times has an article about the mass migration of Painted Lady butterflies to California.

6. Ken Gilliland

7. Miss B

8. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

DINNER!

9. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

Ken,

the tree structure for the poser models differ from your usual tree structure for poser..

there is an added Animals folder ...

is this normal?
    as it moves away from all the other Natures Wonders products in the poser structure, it rather follows the DS tree structure.

10. Ken Gilliland

I liked how I've been doing the new Songbird ReMix libraries, so "Fish" reflect the way I'm going to do it from now on. Also, it's simpler to explain things once, DS and Poser now use the same folder structure-- plus, the fish and tins in this set load in character format anyways.

On my runtime, I moved everything Nature Wonders to the characters folder. I'll eventually get around to changing the store copies.

11. LisaB

LisaB HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee Co-Founder

Such a deliciously fun and stinky project! The fish look fantastic!

Chris and Ken Gilliland like this.
  12. MCarr

MCarr Member

Nice work on the sardines! Any chance for a largemouth bass with mouth morphs? My Dad is a huge angler and does tournaments. Would love to do some renders of him fishing, sadly there are no quality bass models that I can find.

xmasrose likes this.
  13. Ken Gilliland

I'll probably do some more fish in time. I know apart from mackerel (for my "Holy Mackerel" fish tin), I really want to do salmon and other type fish (for my eagles). A large mouth bass would probably find it's way into a set... but right now, it's all birds all the time as I move towards my Audubon event.

Miss B, Chris and Rae134 like this.
  14. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

They certainly do.

Anything Ken touches is top quality, or he's not going to venture into that project.

Miss B, Szark and Ken Gilliland like this.