Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Ken Gilliland, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Szark

Szark Energetic

Now I have to go a buy Ultra Scatter Pro to make an image that just sprung to mind after seeing these and using these fishies. :p

2. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

LOL!!! Love it! Looking great :)

3. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Wow Ken, those fish look like they were photographed. Nice!!! :D

Szark likes this.
  4. Ken Gilliland

Ken Gilliland Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

Thank-you for all the comments. The transparency added to the fins did wonders. It added just enough imperfection to add to the realism.

The Poser FF version is done, so I'll do the conversions for DS starting tomorrow and hopefully have this set wrapped up by the end of the weekend. Your seabirds will no longer go hungry.

Anchovy.jpg

mininessie, Rae134, Janet and 3 others like this.
  5. Ken Gilliland

While I should have quit for the day, I didn't...

I started playing with the DS version in Iray... the fish and oil aren't quite where I want them but all-in-all... it's looking pretty good.

tin in Iray.jpg

6. DanaTA

DanaTA Engaged

They look sad...except for that one, second down from the top, on the bottom stack. He looks angry! It could be because his mouth is open, and the eye is partially covered by the fish above him.

Dana

7. Ken Gilliland

I sent off my stinky fish last week to HW's Quality Assurance team so they'll soon be available to feed your hungry birds, HW pets, Dawn and Dusk, or simply stink up your runtime.

I did this piece for the main promo image featuring some Greater and Lesser Scaups, a Redhead and Ruddy Ducks (all from SBRM Waterfowl2: Sea and Diving Ducks) foraging on Nerd3D's "Waves at the Beach" rendered in Iray.

iray-fishtin12.jpg

LisaB, mininessie, Alisa and 9 others like this.
  8. Flint_Hawk

Flint_Hawk Ambitious

What a marvelously fun idea Ken!

9. Szark

Szark Energetic

the plumage looks really good Ken.

10. Ken Gilliland

I decided to add-in the two other fish tins (anchovies and sardines) into the set...

new tins2.jpg

mininessie, Alisa, CWRW and 4 others like this.
  11. Szark

Szark Energetic

looking good. ;)

and I just has some sardines on toast with ground black pepper corns, yummmmm

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  12. Ken Gilliland

The art on the Alici (Italian for Anchovies) tin is a 12+ year Poser render from me. It depicts a drunk and passed out pirate with a woodpecker hammering away on his peg leg.

Janet, CWRW and Miss B like this.
  13. DanaTA

DanaTA Engaged

Wow, and I thought Iray renders ran long! 12+ years?!?! :laugh:

Dana

Rowan54 and Szark like this.
  14. Miss B

I "think" Ken meant the render was 12+ years old, not that it took 12+ years to render. :rofl:

Szark likes this.
  15. DanaTA

DanaTA Engaged

I know...it was a joke.

Dana

16. Miss B

I figured as much. ;)

17. Ken Gilliland

I guess it was even longer again that I thought -- 16 years. Here's the actual image posted at Renderosity... A Sobering Surprise by KenG Poser Humor

It was kind of fun paging through some of my old work posted at Rendo which goes back to 2000

mininessie likes this.
  18. Miss B

Thanks for the link Ken, as I liked seeing it full size. ;)

19. Harimau

Harimau Eager

For a future installment in your frogs series, I hope you will include this interesting family of frogs, the Glass Frogs. The glass frogs are a group of small arboreal frogs of the family Centrolenidae. The general background colour of most glass frogs is primarily lime green. The abdominal skin of some members of this family is transparent and the internal organs are visible through it. Here are some images:

glass_frog.jpg
    glassfrog_hyalinobatrachiumtaylori_small.jpg
    1146537435.jpg
    Glass_frog_Cochranella-granulosa-e1415939130740_small.jpg Cochranella_susatamai03.jpg 5237d974b7853d0d54137f02e0e60bca_f4724.jpg Glass-Frog-Eggs-VIV149.jpg 59409_small.jpg

xmasrose and mininessie like this.
  20. Ken Gilliland

Glass Frogs are on my list... as well as: a Bullfrog set, a Treefrog set and a Leaf/Flying Frogs set

DanaTA, Rae134 and Alisa like this.