1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Ken Gilliland, Dec 22, 2015.

1. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

wonderful!

2. Szark

Szark Awesome

Yeah though Stonemason is a good modeller his textures are not good for close ups. The frog render I did a while back showed me that when I used Fern Lake. I have new rocks for the next close up render.

Chris likes this.
  3. Ken Gilliland

Ken Gilliland Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

To be fair, most scene/backgrounds are really not designed for close inspection. I'm sure "Through the Woods" was designed for human renders and not the ant crawling on the human's shoe. It's frustrating for me to load a bush or tree for one of my creatures and it look all blurry. I'm sure the PA never thought one of its branches would be the perching spot for one of my birds, let alone a 5 cm frog or a line of ants. Again, that's why I created those habitat sets, macro shots are welcome.

Dakorillon (IMArts), Chris and Rae134 like this.
  4. Szark

Szark Awesome

Exactly and something many vendors should take into consideration when it comes the nature related products. I am not dising anyone just wish some would think more about what they make and how they make it.

5. Ken Gilliland

I decided to poke my head up again from working on the Shorebirds update. The update has been proving much more challenging than I thought it would be-- I guess that's to be expected when overhauling 4 different models that emulate over 100 different species of shorebird. For the last few weeks, I've thought I've stabilized a model only to find some joint parameters or obscure morph is tearing it apart. No worries though... I'm slowing stumbling towards getting the final versions of the models right.

Here's the new WF6 (Small Heron) model and one of the three "stinky" fish models I'm working on. The fish and tin models have provided a diversion for me on days I can't wrap my head around the latest shorebird issue. I foresee three fish (herring, sardine and anchovy) and a tin with a peel/roll back lid as a Nature's Wonders release. The fish set will be able to be used in human renders as food or with any of my fish loving birds. Shorebirdsv2_Promo1.jpg stinkyfish2.jpg

xmasrose, DanaTA, Rae134 and 7 others like this.
  6. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

7. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

8. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Looking great, and yes the fish, and fish tin, will come in handy in everyday renders. I'm not into sardines nor anchovies, but I do like herring, especially the pickled kind. ;)

9. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

Love it!

10. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

Hey Ken! You just got mentioned in the latest issue of "Digital Art Live" in the Editor's column:

"One could mention a number of other outstanding Poser/DAZ creature artists, not least of whom is the amazing Ken Gilliland —who has done so much for Poser. "

Yay Ken!

Rae134, mininessie, Miss B and 2 others like this.
  11. Ken Gilliland

I was unfamiliar with "Digital Art Live"... thank-you for pointing it out though I'm not sure I deserve that much praise... I guess I'll have to work harder to measure up to it ;)

I love fish but Sardines, Anchovies and Herring are not my favorites (hence my title, "Stinky Fish Collection), I'm more a salmon, sea bass, mahi mahi, ahi lover. I do use "stinky fish" occassionally because they are essential in some recipes.

Chris and Dakorillon (IMArts) like this.
  12. Miss B

Oh I love salmon as well, but I have to say my favorite fish is swordfish, though I don't usually cook it myself as there's a restaurant a few blocks from here that does a top notch job. ;)

I acquired a taste for the pickled herring when I was younger, because my mother always had it in the house, though I haven't had it in years.

13. Szark

Szark Awesome

can't beat sardines on toast with a topping of ground black pepper corns.

Chris likes this.
  14. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

Birds will be amazing Ken. Love to see what you're up to.

Your fish looks real, I can almost smell it. Just need a scratch and sniff.

I bet our HiveWire cats would love your stinky fish.

Rae134 and Szark like this.
  15. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

LOL! "3d scratch and sniff"....now that's a concept:)

Chris and Szark like this.
  16. Miss B

Oh, I forgot about our kitties, as I'm sure they AND the birds, will have fun with the fishes. :)

Hmmm, I hope they don't get into snapping at each other, as the birds do on the Fruit Feeder, when we "lay out the fish" for dinner. Now THAT would make quite a render. ;)

Chris likes this.
  17. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Fish look awesome! Will they be rigged or a prop?

Ken Gilliland likes this.
  18. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

I can't eat Ritz crackers without sardines or anchovies.

19. Ken Gilliland

Individual fish, as the herring shown above, are fully rigged with additional morphs. I'll probably make the packed fish in the tin a prop though.

xmasrose, Rae134, Janet and 1 other person like this.
  20. Miss B

That makes sense Ken, as there won't be much you can do as far as posing them while they're in the tin can.