• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Szark

Awesome
Yeah though Stonemason is a good modeller his textures are not good for close ups. The frog render I did a while back showed me that when I used Fern Lake. I have new rocks for the next close up render.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
To be fair, most scene/backgrounds are really not designed for close inspection. I'm sure "Through the Woods" was designed for human renders and not the ant crawling on the human's shoe. It's frustrating for me to load a bush or tree for one of my creatures and it look all blurry. I'm sure the PA never thought one of its branches would be the perching spot for one of my birds, let alone a 5 cm frog or a line of ants. Again, that's why I created those habitat sets, macro shots are welcome.

Szark

Awesome
Exactly and something many vendors should take into consideration when it comes the nature related products. I am not dising anyone just wish some would think more about what they make and how they make it.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I decided to poke my head up again from working on the Shorebirds update. The update has been proving much more challenging than I thought it would be-- I guess that's to be expected when overhauling 4 different models that emulate over 100 different species of shorebird. For the last few weeks, I've thought I've stabilized a model only to find some joint parameters or obscure morph is tearing it apart. No worries though... I'm slowing stumbling towards getting the final versions of the models right.

Here's the new WF6 (Small Heron) model and one of the three "stinky" fish models I'm working on. The fish and tin models have provided a diversion for me on days I can't wrap my head around the latest shorebird issue. I foresee three fish (herring, sardine and anchovy) and a tin with a peel/roll back lid as a Nature's Wonders release. The fish set will be able to be used in human renders as food or with any of my fish loving birds.
Shorebirdsv2_Promo1.jpg
stinkyfish2.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looking great, and yes the fish, and fish tin, will come in handy in everyday renders. I'm not into sardines nor anchovies, but I do like herring, especially the pickled kind. ;)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hey Ken! You just got mentioned in the latest issue of "Digital Art Live" in the Editor's column:

"One could mention a number of other outstanding Poser/DAZ creature artists, not least of whom is the amazing Ken Gilliland —who has done so much for Poser. "

Yay Ken!

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hey Ken! You just got mentioned in the latest issue of "Digital Art Live" in the Editor's column:

"One could mention a number of other outstanding Poser/DAZ creature artists, not least of whom is the amazing Ken Gilliland —who has done so much for Poser. "

Yay Ken!

I was unfamiliar with "Digital Art Live"... thank-you for pointing it out though I'm not sure I deserve that much praise... I guess I'll have to work harder to measure up to it ;)

Looking great, and yes the fish, and fish tin, will come in handy in everyday renders. I'm not into sardines nor anchovies, but I do like herring, especially the pickled kind. ;)

I love fish but Sardines, Anchovies and Herring are not my favorites (hence my title, "Stinky Fish Collection), I'm more a salmon, sea bass, mahi mahi, ahi lover. I do use "stinky fish" occassionally because they are essential in some recipes.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I love fish but Sardines, Anchovies and Herring are not my favorites (hence my title, "Stinky Fish Collection), I'm more a salmon, sea bass, mahi mahi, ahi lover. I do use "stinky fish" occassionally because they are essential in some recipes.
Oh I love salmon as well, but I have to say my favorite fish is swordfish, though I don't usually cook it myself as there's a restaurant a few blocks from here that does a top notch job. ;)

I acquired a taste for the pickled herring when I was younger, because my mother always had it in the house, though I haven't had it in years.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Birds will be amazing Ken. Love to see what you're up to.

Your fish looks real, I can almost smell it. Just need a scratch and sniff.

I bet our HiveWire cats would love your stinky fish.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I bet our HiveWire cats would love your stinky fish.
Oh, I forgot about our kitties, as I'm sure they AND the birds, will have fun with the fishes. :)

Hmmm, I hope they don't get into snapping at each other, as the birds do on the Fruit Feeder, when we "lay out the fish" for dinner. Now THAT would make quite a render. ;)