• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

McG.

Enthusiast
Oh nooo... the kids din't clean up after their party last nite! (Yellow Crowned Night Heron male courting a Lady of kind after big rain). Just another day in Houston. :D

Attachments

• P5122375.JPG
    P5122375.JPG
    554.2 KB · Views: 279

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
IIRC RawArt did a Komodo dragon morph for DAZ Dragon 3. Not necessarily an accurate one based on the real critters (it's got wings, for one thing). But something definitely based on one and resembling them. It's possible that the wings can be turned off without leaving a hole. I remember that was possible with some of the dragon 3 morphs.

McG.

Enthusiast
Ah.. Thankees JOdel, but don't use DS now. Besides that I really want to see what Ken comes up with! I'm gonna be tinkering with his SBRM's for a long long time! Wow, I hope I live long enough to render all the ones I got now. Whoooee... I hope my 'puter lives long enough to render all of them! It is now TEN years old and still moseying along.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW, If those were just snapshots, I never would've believed that was a butterfly with it's wings closed up behind it's body. Amazing!

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's an amazing bird for sure. Watching it perched so erect in the pouring rain was amazing, and then again perfectly still while that bug was flying around it. Then once the bug landed, I knew it's life was over once it started moving around towards the Potoo's mouth.

Harimau

Eager
The dead leaf butterfly (Kallima inachus) is a master of beauty and disguise. The species is found from India to tropical Asia and Japan.

Butterflies are great mimics whether as an adult, caterpillar or pupa. I have previously posted pictures of caterpillars mimicking snakes. Here are a few pictures of a butterfly pupa (Dynastor darius darius) mimicking snakes.

CatSnake_1-680x574.jpg

CatSnake_2-680x559.jpg

CatSnake_5-680x679.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
And I'll bet a lot more of those live to come out as butterflies, too!

Want everyone to leave you alone? Pretend to be a snake.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Snakes will try to eat *anything*. Anything with any sense gives them a wide berth.

Miss B

CV-BEE
You know, I often wondered how snakes can eat something that seems too large for them to swallow. Bits and pieces of a sausage is one thing, but a whole one? o_O