• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Some of "Bees of the World" species...

Attachments

• BeesOTW1-Promo1.jpg
    BeesOTW1-Promo1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 218
  • BeesOTW1-Promo2.jpg
    BeesOTW1-Promo2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 242
  • BeesOTW1-Promo3.jpg
    BeesOTW1-Promo3.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 219

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ken,

I'm in need of a new mask. Got three, gave one away, lost one and just spilled coffee on my last one. And the biker mask I have is just uncomfortable. Where is the link to your hummingbird mask? I know I saw it somewhere.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Got one from Red Bubble. I like the style better. Really long delivery times though - August 18-24. Guess I can put the one I have through the washing machine until it gets here.

Thank you!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Bee Pollen Saddlebags!! These were snapped a few years ago on my Jester's Cap Lilies. Very cool that you also included these!

Bee 3.jpg
Bee.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, maybe the birds won't eat these. Or not if offered something else first.

Definitely looking forward to these.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Well, maybe the birds won't eat these. Or not if offered something else first.

Definitely looking forward to these.

Once I get the base SBRM model updated (which is next one my "to-do" list)... I wouldn't be surprised if a new "Bee-eaters" bird volume appears shortly after that. ;)

Here's another sneak peek at YSST...

Attachments

• BeesOTW1-Promo5.jpg
    BeesOTW1-Promo5.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 249

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
And down the road we may get those big black borer bees who don't sting anybody.

They might, however, bite.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I do want to do carpenter bees (I'm guessing that's close to your borer bee) as well as the blue orchard bumblebee (to name a few) in a Volume 2. I might also do a Swarm set (similiar to Flock Formations, Ant Lines).

Here's an iray render of my honey bee worker in a Hummingbird Sage from Hummingbird Garden (yes, I'm updating that set too)

iray honeybees main2.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Carpenter bees. You, that's them.

I daresay we can do with an updated be, that's suitable for closeups. Like the idea of a swarm as well.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmm, now I'm thinking someone will need to model the proper clothing for a Beekeeper, other than the Bee Hat Ken's including for Dawn. :D

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Now, that I got the "Yellowy-Stingy-Stripey-Things" out of my system with these first sets, I'll definitely be including some more colorful bees in "Bees of the World v2". As I said on my short list is some sort of carpenter bee and blue bumblebee, as well as one of the scariest wasps, Tarantula Wasp. There are 6 species per volume and I try to have world-wide representation (so everyone gets at least one familiar species in the set).