• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
....Normally, I'd post lots of WIP shots but it appears modelers from the other place have taken note of my Nature's Wonders line and have been mimicking several of the products and moving ahead on some of my future products ideas. I find this flattering and troubling at the same time....

I would be feeling seriously ripped off and annoyed if it happened to me Ken.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I would be feeling seriously ripped off and annoyed if it happened to me Ken.
BUT!! I looked at the DAZ dogs....and for any TRUE dog lover- the DAZ dog is just SAD!! I bout barfed.... sorry...just my opinion... ;)

I look at it as business is business, I've had several PAs over the years copy or mimic some of my products. If I plan to create a similar product on the market, I generally wait a year or two out of politeness, but that's just me. I think I waited three years, before I released my owl so it wouldn't hurt Noggins sales. Also, I compare my product to what already exists-- if I can't make a dramatic improvement over what is currently on the market, I won't make it.

I'm sure, knowing the "other" places' Marketing Department, that they probably encouraged or directed PAs to do similar products to my Nature's Wonders line and Chris's Dog. Simple reason is protecting marketshare. If people are going to Hivewire3D to get Chris's amazing dog model or my frog, they aren't spending money at the "other" place... and even worse, they might find that the grass is greener at Hivewire (as most of us know).

I agree with Lynne, the HW dog and wip breeds I seen are well worth getting and worth waiting for.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
BUT!! I looked at the DAZ dogs....and for any TRUE dog lover- the DAZ dog is just SAD!! I bout barfed.... sorry...just my opinion... ;)
Gotta agree with you on that dear. it looks good....as a toon-like doggie! I think in some cases the old Milldog looked better at least a bit more realistic even by today's standards.
Chris you doggie is SUPERIOR and that is not my stupid attempt to blow smoke up your.....uh!?.......well, where it DOES NOT belong1 LOL

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
As for my next Nature's Wonder model... the base set and texture is coming along well. With record heat causing brown outs, visiting family staying with us, lots of chores and some laziness, my progress has been slower than usual. I'm starting to add in morphs for the expansion sets. The base set will include the model, one species with 3 variants. Each expansion sets will have 6-7 species. I think I want the first expansion set ready along with the base set so late August is probably a realistic release time.

sneakpeak1.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, you've definitely got folks guessing Ken. Can't wait to see the "whole" project. ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Btw, do you have a blue/gold macaw texture among your birds? I was looking for one and couldn't find one. Scarlet and blue, Military Macaw, and Hyacinth Macaw, yes, along with a number of other lovely parrot types, but not a blue/gold.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ken is that a round pupil eye or does it have slits at the sides of the pupil?

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Btw, do you have a blue/gold macaw texture among your birds? I was looking for one and couldn't find one. Scarlet and blue, Military Macaw, and Hyacinth Macaw, yes, along with a number of other lovely parrot types, but not a blue/gold.

Yes, there's no Blue & Gold Macaw yet... Once I get all the volumes updated, doing a second Parrots of the World is on my list.

Ken is that a round pupil eye or does it have slits at the sides of the pupil?

You'll have wait for the next image o_O

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Awww. I did a search for an eye like that and couldn't find one. Did run across a study that said predators like cats and snakes have an up down slit while prey have a horizontal one. Deer for example.