• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Am I right in thinking a komodo can actually kill a man if it's full grown? And I know they can run REALLY fast!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
This is our little cutie and what I found in my boot (not my photo)

thumb common skink.jpg

Lizards (skinks and geckos) of New Zealand

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I had to look it up because we have small ones around here but wanted to check.
"Size of skink depends on the species. Smaller species are usually 3 inches long, while large species can reach 14 inches in length."
I learnt out our Blue Tongue Lizard is classified as a skink (I love them) and they are quite big.
Woah...I would have called them a blue tongue never realized they are skinks also. I remember catching them down near the creek growing up. I always thought the skinks were the little ones that lost their tails when you try to catch them.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The North American Reptile Breeders' Society does a Reptile show at the Anaheim Convention Center every fall. Usually around September (and elsewhere in the country at different times a year). All kinds of marvelous animals who look like they are studying to be jewelry...

Admittedly it's mostly snakes. Particularly corn snakes and king snakes whose genetics are an open invitation to create designer snakes. But there is also a whole raft of different kinds of lizards, turtles and tortoises, and evidently, just because, the rest of the creepy-crawly fans come along as well with the poison dart frogs, tarantulas and hissing cockroaches.

Not *terribly* far from there is an aquarium store which specialized in rather amazing aquariums. Not so much for the fish, but for the live corals. Those are all kinds of colors that you wouldn't realize if all you've seen are the polished sort used in jewelry.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I finally resolved some of the issues holding up my horse wings project so I was able to finally get back to the Lizard model. I've added more detail and mesh, reshaped some areas and added teeth. Teeth on lizards are not that functional (in a chewing or tearing sense)-- they are used primarily for firmly griping their prey).

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I think a Dragon with eat a lizard as an appetizer… Giggle :)
love your progress Ken!