• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm liking the Puiri Moth too, but also like the Suraka Silk and the Crimson Speckled Flunkey moths as well.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm surprised no one picked up on a comment I made last week:

...I will be moving back to birds for my next projects although there's a slight detour planned before I go back to my Birds of Asia sets. In doing these moths, I got an idea for a render and don't have the bird I want to feature with the moths (yet)... so hence next week will start one of my 'wild hair/whim' projects. I've obviously been avoiding mentioning the species because I want it to be a surprise... I will say it's an unique bird that will require it's own model (it can't be remixed) and I'll do all 5 species and maybe the two subspecies of it ;)

Well, the rough modeling of that 'whim' project is done, and I have a small sneak peek of that in the Songbird ReMix 'Honey' thread.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks everyone... my first of my two add-on volumes is now available and I have a couple freebies and updates as well. Why Updates so soon? Well, while working on the second volume I found I needed more morphs to create the species in Volume 2. I also found that most "Silk Moths" lack a proboscis (feeding tube... yup, they can't feed, hence they're very short lifespan). This correction was easy enough-- a couple new morphs and hiding the proboscis material.

Giant Moths (Base Set)
Product Update...
  • includes a updated Cr2 with some Joint Parameter tweaks and 5 new morphs (This Cr2 has been updated in the Hivewire downloads)
  • .pz2, .duf and .mc6 files updated to include the newly added morphs and Luna Moth has the Probocis (feeding tube) hidden. (Hivewire doesn't have this yet)
Moths of the World Volume 1
Product Update...
  • .pz2, .duf and .mc6 files updated to include the newly added morphs and correct the proboscis issue on the Spanish Moon Moth and Hercules Moth. (Hivewire doesn't have this yet).

The 2 updates Ken mentioned above that HW didn't have yet we have now and the products have been updated :)

Product Updates - Main Notification | HiveWire 3D Community

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
uh...dyslexic here... so buying the new set TODAY means I have the updates?

and KEN- WOWOW WOWWWWW YAY! :)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
uh...dyslexic here... so buying the new set TODAY means I have the updates?

and KEN- WOWOW WOWWWWW YAY! :)

If you've downloaded the updates via my website in the past 10 days-- yes, you have the current ones... if not, redownload them-- especially "Giant Moths" since it includes the latest Cr2 with a couple new morphs that Volume 2 uses.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Damselfly egg laying festival in our pond... As I got ready to clean our pond-- I noticed four pairs of damselflies laying eggs in it... I guess, the pond will remain dirty for another month... This article explains what the strange positioning of the male and female means... damselfly | insect

I guess that means I going to have to add damselflies to my Nature's Wonders wishlist ;)

damselflies.JPG

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Wow, and those damsel flies would be rather terrifying in the large giant version.