• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
All so interesting and beautiful, Ken! What a great project!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
All so interesting and beautiful, Ken! What a great project!

Thanks... I think you'll appreciate the "cover" I've chosen for my Volume 2...

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh, yes I do appreciate that! Nicely done!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks everyone... I have a few minor changes to the Moth .cr2 that will eventually appear in an update but here's the latest file if anyone wants it early...

http://www.empken.com/downloads/files/NW_MothCR2.zip

Corrections include:
  • Better Backwards/Forward movement on the hind thighs
  • Tweaking of the several morphs/controls
  • Several New Morphs added

And the update is ready, so please re-download your file. Be sure to read the info here:

Product Updates - Main Notification | HiveWire 3D Community

and subscribe to that main notification thread so you find out when products have been updated :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
SO GORGEOUS... and I STILL think this new moth needs to be in an Alice in Wonderland scene! LOL!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks everyone... my first of my two add-on volumes is now available and I have a couple freebies and updates as well. Why Updates so soon? Well, while working on the second volume I found I needed more morphs to create the species in Volume 2. I also found that most "Silk Moths" lack a proboscis (feeding tube... yup, they can't feed, hence they're very short lifespan). This correction was easy enough-- a couple new morphs and hiding the proboscis material.

Giant Moths (Base Set)
Product Update...
  • includes a updated Cr2 with some Joint Parameter tweaks and 5 new morphs (This Cr2 has been updated in the Hivewire downloads)
  • .pz2, .duf and .mc6 files updated to include the newly added morphs and Luna Moth has the Probocis (feeding tube) hidden. (Hivewire doesn't have this yet)
Moths of the World Volume 1
Product Update...
  • .pz2, .duf and .mc6 files updated to include the newly added morphs and correct the proboscis issue on the Spanish Moon Moth and Hercules Moth. (Hivewire doesn't have this yet).
Freebies...
  • Male/Female Hercules Moth. Adds the male moth to accompany the female one included in Volume 1. The male is smaller and has more lighter, more richly colored wings.
Today's new moth...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Super, Thanks, Ken! :) I also had gotten confused over what pack of Moths was what... thank goodness I was talking to Flint_Hawk this am, and got it straight in my little dyslexic brain that "volume 1" was an add on TO the pack of Giant Moths.....and BOUGHT it post haste!! I am so fascinated by these little ... or big!... insects!! I have an image in mind with the Night Jar birds and one of the moths, that I hope will make folks laugh (and I do mean laugh in a good way- in delight!)... and nope, not telling... stay tuned! :)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes, both Volume 1 and upcoming Volume 2 are both add-ons for the "Giant Moths" set. I decided to not include the model in the add-on sets for a couple reasons... It allows me to offer the add-on sets at a lower cost with twice the moth species content. I'm guessing Volume 2 will appear towards the second half of January and then back to birds with my Songbird ReMix Asia series.

What other products do I foresee in Nature's Wonders line? Well, for now insects and plants, and maybe eventually animals. I'm going to be working with xFrog on a project involving California native plants in the spring, so that might be next Nature's Wonders set. I'm sort of an expert on California native plants with our garden having over 550 different species of them (there are over 6,000 different plant species found in the California Floristic Province-- 61% of them not found anywhere else in the world). From my xFrog collaboration, I'm hoping to bring some Salvias to the Poser/DS world; the White, Black and Purple Sage in a package similar to my Hummingbird Garden set which also contain California Native Plants; the Hummingbird Sage, Chuparosa or Hummingbird Bush and Royal Penstemon.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's the Sukara Silk Moth... It has a wingspan of up to 100-130 mm (3.9-5.1 inches). It is found on Madagascar and Mayotte. Sexes are dimorphic with the female having a chocolate-brown hue to the male’s orange-brown coloring. It is also called the Madagascan Bulls Eye Silkmoth. Caterpillars feed on species belonging mainly to families in the subclass Rosidae (Rose), although they also feed on those in the family Oleaceae (Olive) and Apocynaceae (Oleander, Vinca).

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's today's new moth... Hearsey's Moth... It has a wingspan of 200 mm (7.8 inches). It is distributed throughout Northeastern Himalaya, Burma, Western China, Sundaland and the Philippines.

Only two moths left to do and then's it's back to birds for a bit ;)