• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I still don't have the bump map and there's some UV stretching I need to correct, but the Side-blotched Lizard is starting to look like one :)

Capture4.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, he's looking real good. Can't wait to see him with his bump maps. :)

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks for all the comments... over the last week, I've added more morphs and reworked the UVs so that the seams are easier for me to work with (using straight edges where possible). With all of the patterned scales, trying to match-up curved UV edge seams with textures was a nightmare. Here's the almost final texture plus some of the morphs (in use) for the Side-splotched lizard. Now that I've finalized the UVs, I can finally make a bump and/or displacement map...

RenderTest1.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Wow, he's looking so realistic. I can't wait to see him with his bump/displacement map. ;)

Jan

Adventurous
Looks so real in this environment, who would have thought it was a 3D model. missing maps regardless. Well done. JanW

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks for all the comments... over the last week, I've added more morphs and reworked the UVs so that the seams are easier for me to work with (using straight edges where possible). With all of the patterned scales, trying to match-up curved UV edge seams with textures was a nightmare. Here's the almost final texture plus some of the morphs (in use) for the Side-splotched lizard. Now that I've finalized the UVs, I can finally make a bump and/or displacement map...

View attachment 11844

Yap, I feel for you on those curved UV edged seams!!

He is looking very much like a real hold in your hand little guy! I can't wait to take him home!!

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
thanks everyone for the comments and support... I've added quite a few more morphs today (including some of the JCMs that show some of the folds in the neck area.

621-3.JPG 621-2.JPG 621-1.JPG

I've also added a bump and tighten up some of my first lizard texture...in this process, I also discover which joint movements are stretching the UVs too much and where UVs still need work. For instance, I still need JCMs and some UV work on the hind knees

NW_Promo.jpgNW_Promo2.jpg