• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks for the comments... Here's my western fence lizards looking considerably more complete... next to the eastern fence lizard, then the skink and gecko textures...
Render 3.jpg

Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I finally have a UV map I'm happy with so I'm starting to fill in the blanks on this and upcoming "lizard" projects as I shift to textures and species selections. I'm envisioning the Lizard will have a similar approach in packaging as did my moths had, only only difference being that since the Lizard is much more complex than the moth model was (as well as the textures), it will come with one base species and the add-on sets with 4.

So here's the plan (subject to change):

Base set (Lizard Model with the Fence Lizard included; both eastern and western species)
*Note-- having the Western Fence Lizard means my Greater Roadrunner can finally have something to eat ;)

Volume One (Base Set required)

Volume Two (Base Set required)

Possible Candidates... (iguanas, helmeted and flying lizards, chameleons, etc will need to be a separate model(s)/project(s))

Ground Agama

Common collared lizard
California rock lizard
Viviparous lizard
Common Wall Lizard Podarcis muralis
Tokay gecko
Common Butterfly lizard
Blue-tongued Skink
Common Skink

....and please don't forget that cute British accented talking walking upright Geico Lizardian fellow. What American Runtime folder would be complete without him walking about entertaining all my other Runtime guests including the DAZ Dragon Folks who have had the lime light too long and need a new wee-mate.
All jest aside, looks real nice.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
....and please don't forget that cute British accented talking walking upright Geico Lizardian fellow.
If you're referring to the Geico Gecko, he's Aussie, not British, but I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't seen the gentleman who does the voiceover on TV. Don't recall what show I saw him on, but it explained he was from Down Under. ;)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
....and please don't forget that cute British accented talking walking upright Geico Lizardian fellow. What American Runtime folder would be complete without him walking about entertaining all my other Runtime guests including the DAZ Dragon Folks who have had the lime light too long and need a new wee-mate.
All jest aside, looks real nice.

I think the Gold Dust Day Gecko (which I plan to include) is probably close to what the Geico gecko is patterned after (most people in the Reptile forums believe it's a type of Day Gecko). I have a fondness for the Gold Dust Day Gecko because when on the Island of Hawai'i, they hung out with us every morning begging for a portion of our breakfast. This Gecko is actually from Madagascar and was imported into the Hawaiian Islands.

I've finished the preliminary texture work Eastern Fence Lizard and the main product render (using the Western Fence Lizard)...

NW_LizardsPromo1.jpg

NW_LizardsMain.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I think the Gold Dust Day Gecko (which I plan to include) is probably close to what the Geico gecko is patterned after (most people in the Reptile forums believe it's a type of Day Gecko). I have a fondness for the Gold Dust Day Gecko because when on the Island of Hawai'i, they hung out with us every morning begging for a portion of our breakfast. This Gecko is actually from Madagascar and was imported into the Hawaiian Islands.

I've finished the preliminary texture work Eastern Fence Lizard and the main product render (using the Western Fence Lizard)...

View attachment 12331

View attachment 12330

the one on the rock looks SOOOO real!! I assume they have eyelids, and that's why the previous renders shows less eye.... I love wide open bright eyed little fellas! :) I adore lizards a LOT! LOL! Can't wait for this set, Ken!!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
[QUOTE="... I assume they have eyelids, and that's why the previous renders shows less eye....[/QUOTE]

Lizards do have eyelids... but most geckos don't... they lack eyelids and instead have a transparent membrane, which they can lick to clean, if needed

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I did my test render on the Gold Dust Day Gecko and thought it turned out well enough to share ... next on my list is to clean up some seams and add a non-generic bump/displacement map for it.

GDDGecko2.jpg

I guess the next question is "When?"... I plan to release the Base Set and Volume I at the same time, then Volume II a little later. I have the European Green Lizard (m/f) for Volume I to do and I want to, at least, rough in the Gila Monster texture (Volume II) to make sure I have the morphs done, and then the cleaning up (seams, stretching, CR2 fixes etc.). I'm guessing towards the end of July then August for Volume II (and then back to birds).

Last edited: