• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Music From The Hive

DanaTA

Distinguished
Not before now but I'm always on the lookout for new music. He sounds like a guy with a similar background to Hendrix and my own personal favourite, Snowy White. Sessions musicians who turned out to be way better than the guitarists they were sitting in for. Love that version of Over The Rainbow. Thanks! This guys definitely on my watch list!
You're welcome!

robert952

Brilliant
They had actually spent two months arguing amongst themselves about a colour which they could have checked for themselves simply by visiting the bridge in question as I did! Apparantly, it got so bad that two of them had actually stormed off after throwing hissy fits
Yep, as I said, they can get emotionally charged when it comes to rivets.

I'm glad you feel better.

Have you seen/heard Tommy Emanuel?
I've seen Tommy Emmanuel in concert twice. He gives a great one man performance.

Tommy and I actually have a lot of similarities. I started playing guitar as a young teen, I am self-taught, and I can't read music. But...ummm...the similarities end there. :rolleyes:

@Mythocentric he does play a great version of Over the Rainbow.

He is very good, but what you see is not what you're getting (Layla). The sound of the guitar is consistant, but he is in various environments. It just wouldn't sound the same. Some percussive moves don't jive with the video. It may have been recorded at once, but not with the video. Most likely, he performs it slightly differently each time.
I figure most, if not all, of a music video sound tracks are done in studio unless it is specifically a concert performance. I know every time I play the same song, I often have something different happen - like I actually hit a correct note. :rolleyes:

I have seen 'discrepancies' in similar videos by other artist. There's a sibling group called Southern Raised. I can't recall which video I caught a disconnect between audio and video. Usually after watching a video a couple of times, I only play them for the sound track as background music.

Not before now but I'm always on the lookout for new music.

I am not sure you have heard this group. Since I mentioned this group, figure I'll post links. Based on what you post, likely not your 'cup tea' but maybe a new group to you. It is hard to beat the harmonizing of family members. This cover of Fly Me to the Moon illustrates that point. (While nothing spectacular, they are accomplished on their instruments, too.)

A country classic cover of Jolene

And a blue grass standard, Orange Blossom Special (along with a few other songs thrown in for good measure). No vocals here.

And I won't ask you to model the bridge they're on. (Too soon? :whistling: )

As I said - I have an eclectic tastes.

I am enjoying this thread a lot. Thanks for the participation.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I am not sure you have heard this group. Since I mentioned this group, figure I'll post links. Based on what you post, likely not your 'cup tea' but maybe a new group to you. It is hard to beat the harmonizing of family members. This cover of Fly Me to the Moon illustrates that point. (While nothing spectacular, they are accomplished on their instruments, too.)

This is what it's all about Robert. I'm an old rocker going back to the 60's and my student days so thats what comes across in my posts. It seems strange now that some of those people I used to see about the place and hang out with became 'superstars' but what the heck. We all share one thing in common...we all love music. My own collection now has its own laptop because my collection of CD's and vinyl only gets played once as I record it plus the music I buy and download. That ranges from the whole gamut of genres from Rock to Classical with the one exception of Rap (and all its derivatives). I absolutely detest it! What the heck though. We all have our little foibles! As for the rest? Bring it on! I'm a muso myself and I still learn new things right here because of you guys, including the fact that our own bird (and other critturs) modeller par excellence, Ken Gilliland, is an old punk band member. {I'm still waiting for the Dodo in Doc Martins, Ken!]. Long may it reign! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::bee:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Remember these guys? The Incredible String Band are the only band I've seen more times than Pink Floyd. They are also responsible for one of my brief moments of fame when I got invited up on stage with a few other people for apple bobbing during one of their Halloween gigs. Tin bathtub. Water. Apples which you picked up by mouth (no hands allowed). What could go wrong? Well! Due to a slight over-indulgence in the waccy-baccy beforehand guess which of the three people kneeling around the tub decided to face-plant? Fortunately, I managed not to upend the tub, flood the stage and electrocute us all and bring ISB's career to an early close! I missed the round of applause due, I think, to having swallowed so much water and feeling rather damp and bemused. My girlfriend was not amused either. Worse thing is I never even got an apple! Oh well! :oopsie:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
And just for balance my favourite song from Mike Heron, the guy in the purple beret, top left on the cover. The Hangmans Beautiful Daughter is also my favourite ISB album. All 13 minutes of the surreal A MOST CELLULAR SONG! Enjoy!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I can't recall having posted any Led Zepp before (my bad), but I love this sequence from the Old Grey Whistle Test (Another sadly-missed favourite)!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I've loved this song since I first heard it back in the Seventies but never got around to following up...until today! OK! I admit I'm not the quickest kid off the blocks but I finally bought their Homecoming album! Cool or what?

robert952

Brilliant
One of the things I do is find 'fresh' if not new talent. Usually they cover other artists' work. However, I find them fun to watch to see how they progress. Here's one such young artist. She does a great job of mimicking players. Here she plays bass lines and even gives the dates and album information. She has two other 'Favorite Top 10' collections if you want to hear more.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Ellen Alaverdyne is one of the best things to come in music and it makes me happy to know that music, outside of the garbage which passes for music and it’s over-hyped ‘stars’ these days, is in a very safe pair of hands. She’s fortunate to be in the safe, guiding hands of her father Hovak and the great Victor Wooton. Apparently she saw Tal Welkinfeld playing bass on TV, asked her father and it all blossomed from there.

This should tell you more:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Liquid Acrobat As Regards The Air was for me the last real album from ISB. Although they released three more albums after this, the magic had gone as Scientology dug its claws ever deeper. Rose had left because of it and when I asked Robin at the last gig I went to of theirs he answered shortly, "Rose is no longer with us"! Someone else asked why she'd had left and was given the rather spiteful response, "I've already f****** told you, shes gone" Nevertheless, this track, 'Darling Belle' was amongst the best of Williamsons multi-part, ,melodic works and beautifully exemplifies childhood and young lives experiencing the first world war!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
This is an album I've been listening to a lot lately. This is the title track 'Love Remains' from the album of the same name by Tal Wilkenfeld proving that she's a lot more than a fearsomely talented bass player:

Next up is 'Killing Me' from the same album!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
OK! I'm showing my age now but I love this song! I can't think of any other which turned me on to music as much as this one song did! So what skeleton's have you got tucked away?

robert952

Brilliant
One of the albums I grew up with is this one: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUfr1wGtTBOAOcS-v4upEWVnOoSc0n7K4 The original is in order rather than scrambled like this set is. It also had another song: North to Alaska.
My Dad listened to a lot of Johnny Horton. I sang along with the Battle of New Orleans and Reuben James. Then we listened to Homer and Jethro's parody on songs like The Battle of Camp Kookamonga which was I thought at the time the funniest song ever. Then I found Weird Al Yankovic.

Among my favorites of Weird Al:

Terre

Renowned
Parodies... Another album I grew up with was Alan Sherman's "My Son the Folk Singer" Weird Al has said Sherman was one of his inspirations and I do believe it.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Sorry, but I just couldn't resist it. Two versions of a beautiful song...Unchained Melody from two very different viewpoints. A sort of aural version of creating the perfect watch mechanism, then filling it with sand and used engine oil! Enjoy!