• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Music From The Hive

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Cool! That guitarist is very talented! I hear hints of Jeff Beck in his playing, among others. But the whole thing was excellent!

My uncle married a Japanese girl after WWII. Took a while to get her brought here to the states. His son with her was about 6 years old when they finally made it over here, I think. One of the most polite persons I've ever met.

Dana

My father has a large family in Japan, but he was the only one to leave the country after WWII. It is very difficult for them to adapt to other cultures, even nowadays. He came to the US as an English translator for the USAF, and later a commercial cargo pilot, which was rather rare in the 50s. But he decided to go back in the late 60s, and while in transit in Brazil, he accidentally met my mother in a farewell party, and never left. We have only moved back to Japan much later in the mid 80s, and ever since I have lived all over the planet.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I wish my attempts to learn Japanese had been more successful. Sadly I know a mere handful of words, a phrase or too, and my pronounciation is terrible. That's what happens I guess with self teaching just from books and watching anime with no one to actually speak to or try to converse with. When I was younger I had so wanted to visit Japan, but with my anxiety issues now the thought of being near a city as crowded as Tokyo seems unbearable - especially since I would likely stick out like a sore thumb.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I wish my attempts to learn Japanese had been more successful. Sadly I know a mere handful of words, a phrase or too, and my pronounciation is terrible. That's what happens I guess with self teaching just from books and watching anime with no one to actually speak to or try to converse with. When I was younger I had so wanted to visit Japan, but with my anxiety issues now the thought of being near a city as crowded as Tokyo seems unbearable - especially since I would likely stick out like a sore thumb.

Japanese was my 3rd language, and I have added 2 more later on, while living abroad. It's not as hard as people assume, certainly much easier to learn than Chinese. Like in English, there are no verb conjugations, and nouns have no gender, which on its own make Japanese easier than any Latin language. The problem is not the grammar, but instead, the many levels of language and dialects. For instance, you won't use the same words and language structures when speaking to someone older than you as you would with someone younger, or the same age as you. Seniority dictates how you speak and what words you pick. And then the many dialects. Every region has their own, and some foreigners became famous on Japanese TV for specializing on them. Like that guy from India who speaks perfect Osaka-ben dialect from the Kansai region. In Okinawa, it's almost like a different language, and Japanese TV often has shows about how people from the main island make mistakes while making assumptions on how to read people's names from over there. Even they find it difficult to understand each other. LOL

eclark1894

Visionary
I remember Rick Nelson! He was the son of Ozzie and Harriet Nelson, played their son on their tv show. And he became something of a teen idol back in the 50s. Ironically, the only song I can remember from him was the theme song for Mission Magic. I also remember he played a doctor on General Hospital.

eclark1894

Visionary
I remember Rick Nelson! He was the son of Ozzie and Harriet Nelson, played their son on their tv show. And he became something of a teen idol back in the 50s. Ironically, the only song I can remember from him was the theme song for Mission Magic. I also remember he played a doctor on General Hospital.
Oops! It wasn't Rick Nelson on Mission Magic and General Hospital. It was Rick Springfield.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Rick Springfield singer/songwriter was born in the western suburbs of Sydney, Australia :inverted:
he had a hit single 'Speak to the Sky' in 1972, he then moved to the United States where he had a No. 1 hit with "Jessie's Girl" in 1981

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
It has been a long time since we danced. I stumbled on this looking for things to lift my spirits and thought it was kinda cool. I love the almost retro 80's anime feel of the video and the music is nice too. It sort of reminded me of an old video I once saw made with footage from Crusher Joe and Space Adventure Cobra, or that fabled Inter5tellar video by DP.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like that video. It actually caused me to smile, and wish I had known the lyrics so I could sing along. :)

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
For those who are interested in and haven't seen Daft Punk's anime collaboration on one of their albums here is a link to the playlist:
Inter5tella 5555: 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5system

Also, here is an anime music video I find pretty epic (one of my favorite tracks from one of my favorite movies of the 80's that fits so well with my all time favorite anime). This one contains fantasy sci-fi violence so may not be for everyone (no worse than was allowed on U.S. broadcast TV in the 80s)

Needless to say, still looking for things to lift my spirits. I should be working on products or art or my own animation, but my heart just isn't in any of it right now.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Needless to say, still looking for things to lift my spirits. I should be working on products or art or my own animation, but my heart just isn't in any of it right now.
Sorry to hear this Kage, and hope you find yourself in better circumstances sooner, rather than later.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
This is Justin Johnson and Voices from the Attic, one of the finest exponants of slide guitar today and this tune scared my grandaughter 'out of her socks' the first time she heard it. I agree with her. The guitar he's playing is made from a 100-year-old barometer. For blues and slide guitar fans everywhere. Enjoy!

This track is on the Bootleg Series Vol. 6 . End of the Highway!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
OK! Confession time for all you old rockers out there! Is this not one of the finest disco songs ever? LIllian Lopez had an astonishingly beautiful voice! This is the 12 inch vinyl version!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Believe it or not, this is the first album I've ever bought by a BritPop band...Placebo. I think I must be entering my third happy childhood. Anyone else I should know about?

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
One of my greatest inspirations. In the days of glam rock and huge stadium tours. The Sensational Alex Harvey Band came onstage 'as were' and laid down relentless, solid, raw rock. No frills, no fuss. A straight from the heart experience which left his audiences screaming for more every time. Irreplacible and one of rocks greatest unsung legends!