• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Music From The Hive

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
What is my favourite band/artist and/or favourite songs? Shééézzzz, can you spare some years 'cause I have a list.
It's to long to start a list here.
It kinda depends what mood I'm in but let's see what kinda jewels I can post.....

This is what moves me at the moment;

This cover is so well done. I suggest you play it loud!

Alice Cooper is one of my favorites, Bowie, Queen, Prince, ELO, Motorhead, AC/DC....
To many. I never listen to music with my ears, that's just the place of my body where it enters. I listen to music with body & soul.
It either gets me or it doesn't.

Like these do;

But also these when I really want to party;

In general you can say I can not live without rythm and my preference is with Rock but I have an ear and eye for creativity so also artists like Lady GaGa and Madonna are on my list.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I inherited my love for music from my father and I was very much influenced by what was played. So to sum up my list of favorites, everything from this;

to this and in between;

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Some good music represented here - even some of the ones I haven't heard of before. I love music, and to say I have eclectic tastes would be an understatement. I Like so many styles and genres from across centuries, ranging from classical through rock, pop, metal, punk, techno, industrial, swing, and more. Not fond of country, rap, or hip hop, but a few songs from those have still made it to my collections. Some of my favorites have already been mentioned, so I will add a few I currently like that some may not have encountered.

I do not like the video for this one as I do not feel it fits, but love the style of this song.

Love this song

Of course, being a child of the 80's, I grew up on a lot of Twisted Sister and other Hair Metal. Couldn't find videos for my two favorite songs of theirs - "Heros are hard to find" and "Me and the boys"

Stezza

Dances with Bees
a bunch of art students that became Mental as Anything
an Australian band... Greedy Smith ( lead singer ) passed away the other day :flower02: :inverted:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Still listening to music. Here's another one I used to listen to quite a bit.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's two of my favorite musicians touring virtually on Facebook...

First, Paul Thorn plays tonight, April 3rd 7-8pm Central. You can see one of his previous Facebook shows here

and secondly, on Monday April 6th 7-10pm EDT, Kristen Black (my sister) will be playing

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
There was some concern 30 years ago that the Japanese culture would dissolve into nothingness, but the more modern they get, some things will never change. So is it possible to rock with shamisen, koto, taiko drums, and shakuhachi flute? The Wagakki band does, and in style. I know, this won't be for everyone, but this is my cultural inheritance. :)

And then a more tamed one.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
There was some concern 30 years ago that the Japanese culture would dissolve into nothingness, but the more modern they get, some things will never change. So is it possible to rock with shamisen, koto, taiko drums, and shakuhachi flute? The Wagakki band does, and in style. I know, this won't be for everyone, but this is my cultural inheritance. :)

Wow! That is just soo... wow! Even snuck the more traditional singing style in there to go with the traditional instruments.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Wow! That is just soo... wow! Even snuck the more traditional singing style in there to go with the traditional instruments.

Indeed. The lead guitar enters the stage in a modernized kimono, wearing a Noh drama theater mask, which is one of the oldest kind in history, dating back to the Heian period (1192). The taiko drums have been played in Japan for 1400 years. The shamisen is 1300 years old, while the koto and the shakuhachi are "newer" instruments from the 16th century. To see the Japanese rocking with them is something to behold, since these instruments are usually played in Kabuki theaters. The lead singer is performing a fan dance that dates back to the 6th century, and takes very long practice to learn.

My Japanese grandma used to think all this would die with the next generation, since my parents generation was the last to still wear kimonos in social events. Some people still wear cotton yukatas during seasonal festivals nowadays, but not as often as it used to be. Brazil used to house the biggest Japanese colony in the world, but there is nothing left of it nowadays. Nonetheless, the Japanese cultural identity still goes strong in Japan. Granma was worrying for nothing. :)

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I suspect Grandma would not approve of what those "kids" have done. Though I quite like it. Only wish I understood the language.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I suspect Grandma would not approve of what those "kids" have done. Though I quite like it. Only wish I understood the language.

Grandma lived her whole life in the small town of Tokorozawa, a rural prefecture north of Tokyo. Nowadays, Tokyo has grown so much that her town has become a neighborhood in it - something she would had never imagined. If you have watched Studio Ghibli's "My Neighbor Totoro" movie, Totoro lived at a forest not far from her house, which was where dad went to school, in the middle of rice plantations. Dad claims the movie depicts the locations faithfully, down to the school and hospital shown in the story. If you have watched that movie (a Hayao Miyasaki masterpiece), you have already seen where grandma was living. That forest has now been acquired and renamed to "Totoro no Mori" (Totoro's forest) to stop deforestation that plagued that area for decades.

If you want to learn Japanese, it is not hard coming from English, since there are many grammatical similarities. As odd as it may sound, Japanese is a Germanic language like English and German. How that came to be, nobody knows.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I take it... the other Asian languages are not Germanic?

Nope. Japanese is a unique language in Asia. Nobody knows where it had originated from. Grammatically speaking, it is closer to Germanic languages than anything else. It's one of these aberrations that defy logic.

DanaTA

Distinguished

Cool! That guitarist is very talented! I hear hints of Jeff Beck in his playing, among others. But the whole thing was excellent!

My uncle married a Japanese girl after WWII. Took a while to get her brought here to the states. His son with her was about 6 years old when they finally made it over here, I think. One of the most polite persons I've ever met.

Dana