• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Music From The Hive

DanaTA

Distinguished
Another really good album is James Gang: Straight Shooter. This was after Joe Walsh left the group. Excellent music, style, vocals.

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
There are a few Cold Blood albums on Amazon on MP3 but I must admit jazz-rock fusion always leaves me cold. There again I'm not a great jazz fan to start with! Stephan Grappelli and Django Reinhardt yeah, the random warbling which jazz became no! The James Gang on the other hand...deserved more recognition than I think they actually got. I have the Best of Joe Walsh & the James Gang which tends to get played in the early hours when the old brain needs a little boost. The Hollies I must admit are a firm favourite, especially after the terminally self-promoting Graham Nash left. He wrote an autobiography called Wild Tales in which he strongly hints that not only was he solely responsible for the Hollies success but also that Crosby, Still's and Joni Mitchell owed him more than a little for his benign influence on their careers. What we in the North-West from whence the Hollies hailed refer to as a 'right little plonker who outgrew his own hat size'!

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, that was my description of Cold Blood. Online descriptions say rock and rhythm and blues mix. They were sort of like Chicago and Blood, Sweat & Tears mixed. But tight, tight, tight, and really hot. You should check them out. I think you'll like them. I found the whole Sisyphus album on YouTube. It's in order of the actual recordings on vinyl. cold blood sisyphus full album - YouTube There are individual tunes on that page as well, and some concert footage including at The The Fillmore in 1971. Their music is very dynamic.

Have you heard James Gang after Joe left? Straight Shooter is one of my favorite albums of that style.

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Remember this lot from the first page of this thread? Sort of AC/DC meets Disney on acid!

Please note that I hold Pendraia entirely responsible!

DanaTA

Distinguished
Ummmm...ummm…

I think I hear a little bit of influence from Yes in there, the breaks and dynamics of that tune. I'll say one thing, they must have gotten really tired after a whole show like that. OK, I'll say another thing...pretty tight. They must have done a lot of rehearsing, and choreographing.

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Dana mentioned these guys getting together earlier in the thread. Larkin Poe and Joe Bonamassa with their version of Spoonful, a Willie Dixon number covered by Howlin' Wolf, Etta James and Cream, not to mention the thousands of blues outfits, amateur and otherwise for which it became a standard item in their repertoire's.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Nice. Have you noticed the funny jumping that videos are doing lately. Is it something with bandwidth, or just me? It seems everyone just lurches forward quickly every now and then. I have FIOS, so I didn't think there would be an issue, but I've noticed this a few times lately.

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Yeah! I think YouTube has been fiddling. I'm using an older laptop at the moment and some of the videos take an age to load, which I'm told is down to a script running slowly especially the older ones. Also, some of them have a tendency to stop altogether, No problem with them on the same laptop until a few months ago! :somad:

Strange! I've watched this video about six times and this is the first time I've noticed that twonk of a photographer sticking himself right in front of the video guy. Too many distractions from Megan and that resonator methinks!

Last edited:

DanaTA

Distinguished
I don't know if it's YouTube. I would agree if it were just the streaming video, but I downloaded it, and it does the same thing on my hard drive. It may be some kind of artifact of HD video not recorded properly, or something. it's very weird.

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Consider this revenge for Stezza and his 'Baby Shark' song, which I still find myself humming in quiet moments. This is The Shaggs and their (one and only album) Philosophy of the World. Yep! The whole album! Like 'The Room' in the film world, this album has the reputation of being the worst one ever made. In fact it's so bad it has acquired a cult following. Frank Zappa listed it as one of his favourites. Enjoy!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
If you're into blues you'll probably be familiar with Joe Bonamassa (and if you're not you should be). Just to let you know that Joe has a free 12-track album download at his site here: Home - Joe Bonamassa
All the tracks are from previous albums up to and including the latest one 'Redemption'., but if you want an intro to his music it doesn't come better than this...and its free!

DanaTA

Distinguished
I swear I just posted to this. My post vanished! The link you give is Joe's site. But the email it sends goes to another site. And it doesn't work. I'm not going to pursue it.

I wonder what happened to my first post attempt.

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I mentioned Reese Tynans new album, 'Sweet Release' over in The Anchorage. The contributors reads like a galaxy of stars (which it is!) and prompted some character to ask, "what's the point in having so many amazing guitar players, and not having a single guitar solo?" Simple answer. They were there for the music! This is the title track:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I don't know what it is with us Brits but we've been turning out some very fine lady guitarists lately, especially when it comes to the blues, and this is one of them! Joanne Shaw Taylor with I've Been Loving You Too Long from her Reckless Heart album.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Just to add balance this is Kansas City girl Samantha Fish with Black Wind Howlin' and heading up one of the tightest outfits on the circuit today. Some glorious shades of Hendrix in there!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
The amazing Mister Mayall! One of the very few Muso's who thoroughly deserves his 'legend' tag! 87 albums at last count and I think I have 5 of them. 'Blues from Laurel Canyon' is one of my must-have albums and remains a great favourite after all these years. One thing's for sure, it will be a long time before we find someone who has done so much for the blues as this guy!