Music From The Hive

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Mythocentric, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Mythocentric

Mythocentric Extraordinary

The only thing that gets me is that I look at the fashions of the day and think, "Oh God! Did I really dress like that?" Usually as I turn a rather embarrassed shade of scarlet! :eek:

Rae134 likes this.
  2. Mythocentric

Gloria, I can take or leave Sunfire. The one that gets me is The Edgar Broughton Bands little ditty, Out Demon Out! Fortunately, I'm listening to Beth Orton just now who is definitely NOT singing...
    Out demon out.... da-de-da, da-da
    Out demon out.... da-de-da, da-da...............................................(Que horrible scream!) :tantrum:

3. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

:rofl: True. ;)

4. James R.

James R. Busy Bee

Ah yes! The Guess Who... Winnipeg’s own. Arguably “Canada’s Band” for Canadian baby boomers. So many years of great music. Burton Cummings, the lead singer, had a long and very successful solo career (in Canada, anyway) post-Guess Who. And Randy Bachman (the guitarist) currently has a show on CBC Radio called “Vinyl Tap”. Tells some great stories and plays some fantastic music.

Trivia: they got their name after sending unlabelled records in plain paper wrappers to radio stations with only “Guess Who?” written on them. They had been Chad Allen and the Expressions, but The Guess Who stuck from that point on.

This is probably my favourite Guess Who song. Really shows Burton’s vocal talent.

“Share the Land”. 1970.

Mythocentric likes this.
  5. James R.

James R. Busy Bee

Humanity is dividing and subdividing itself into walled gardens of politics, gender, ethnicity, and belief... The zeitgeist has become one of respect for one's own and disdain for others. I'm not sure this is how things are supposed to be. I was born too late to be part of the Sixties (1969), but I think we've lost an ideal that the world could really use right now: that we're all here together and all in this together. Kindness and consideration seems to have gone out the window. Apologies for getting political. Just feeling a little disillusioned today.

Zaarin, Mythocentric and RAMWolff like this.
  6. James R.

James R. Busy Bee

Mythocentric likes this.
  7. Mythocentric

Slightly off the wall but I love the kid's reactions to 'our' music from way back when...

RAMWolff likes this.
  8. Rae134

Rae134 Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

So cute (except the older girl, I don't think she'd know a genuine feeling if it bit her, I've known girls like her, they'd say the opposite just to stir)

RAMWolff and Mythocentric like this.
  9. Mythocentric

And just for balance...our Lucy's favourite band!

Rae134 and James R. like this.
  10. James R.

James R. Busy Bee

I love these! Have you seen the ones where they experience "old" tech, like rotary telephones and Sony Walkmans?

11. Rae134

how can you not like ACDC!

12. Mythocentric

Yeah! I subscribe to these. I love the kids reactions to stuff we considered cutting-edge at the time.

You said it, Rae! It amazes me that a thoroughly modern miss like our Lucy considers AC/DC the 'bestest music ever'! Pretty much the same with Sara and Alanis Morrisette (who is definitely not Emo like the poor girl in the Disco one). I guess class shows regardless!

Rae134 and James R. like this.
  13. Rae134

So true Myth!

14. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

She reminds me of the daughter from Beetle Juice... So emo and goth and negative! I was surprised to see her smiling when recognizing one of the songs. LOL

15. Rae134

Emo yes goth no, most goths I know are dark and creative but not negative!

Mythocentric and RAMWolff like this.
  16. Mythocentric

Another yeah for Goth's! I'm lucky to know a fair number of Goths and can honestly say that they are usually creative (as Rae says) and innovative in most of their interests. On the other hand, the Emo's create such a field of negativity around themselves it's almost like they've committed emotional suicide. :notworthy:

RAMWolff and Rae134 like this.
  17. Miss B

They had a bit in my NY Times eNewsletter the other day about the band leader, Malcom Young, passing away.

Rae134 likes this.
  18. Mythocentric

Sad but not unsurprising news. It's the end of one era for sure! This is an interview with Brian Johnson (who has also now left the band) and Angus Young. Made just after the release of the last album - Rock or Bust - it explains Malcolm's condition and his replacement by Angus' nephew Steve.

Rae134 likes this.
  19. Miss B

Yes, the article said he had been suffering for quite a while.

20. Rae134

yes, dementia is sad, he had to learn how to play all the wonderful songs he wrote all over again :(

Mythocentric likes this.