• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Music From The Hive

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
The only thing that gets me is that I look at the fashions of the day and think, "Oh God! Did I really dress like that?" Usually as I turn a rather embarrassed shade of scarlet! :eek:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Gloria, I can take or leave Sunfire. The one that gets me is The Edgar Broughton Bands little ditty, Out Demon Out! Fortunately, I'm listening to Beth Orton just now who is definitely NOT singing...
Out demon out.... da-de-da, da-da
Out demon out.... da-de-da, da-da...............................................(Que horrible scream!) :tantrum:

James R.

Busy Bee
Another band relatively unknown outside their home country Canada and the US. The Guess Who. You may not know the name but the song is a rock classic. This is the full length, live version.

Ah yes! The Guess Who... Winnipeg’s own. Arguably “Canada’s Band” for Canadian baby boomers. So many years of great music. Burton Cummings, the lead singer, had a long and very successful solo career (in Canada, anyway) post-Guess Who. And Randy Bachman (the guitarist) currently has a show on CBC Radio called “Vinyl Tap”. Tells some great stories and plays some fantastic music.

Trivia: they got their name after sending unlabelled records in plain paper wrappers to radio stations with only “Guess Who?” written on them. They had been Chad Allen and the Expressions, but The Guess Who stuck from that point on.

This is probably my favourite Guess Who song. Really shows Burton’s vocal talent.

“Share the Land”. 1970.

James R.

Busy Bee
Humanity is dividing and subdividing itself into walled gardens of politics, gender, ethnicity, and belief... The zeitgeist has become one of respect for one's own and disdain for others. I'm not sure this is how things are supposed to be. I was born too late to be part of the Sixties (1969), but I think we've lost an ideal that the world could really use right now: that we're all here together and all in this together. Kindness and consideration seems to have gone out the window. Apologies for getting political. Just feeling a little disillusioned today.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Yeah! I subscribe to these. I love the kids reactions to stuff we considered cutting-edge at the time.

You said it, Rae! It amazes me that a thoroughly modern miss like our Lucy considers AC/DC the 'bestest music ever'! Pretty much the same with Sara and Alanis Morrisette (who is definitely not Emo like the poor girl in the Disco one). I guess class shows regardless!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
So cute (except the older girl, I don't think she'd know a genuine feeling if it bit her, I've known girls like her, they'd say the opposite just to stir)
She reminds me of the daughter from Beetle Juice... So emo and goth and negative! I was surprised to see her smiling when recognizing one of the songs. LOL

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Another yeah for Goth's! I'm lucky to know a fair number of Goths and can honestly say that they are usually creative (as Rae says) and innovative in most of their interests. On the other hand, the Emo's create such a field of negativity around themselves it's almost like they've committed emotional suicide. :notworthy:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Sad but not unsurprising news. It's the end of one era for sure! This is an interview with Brian Johnson (who has also now left the band) and Angus Young. Made just after the release of the last album - Rock or Bust - it explains Malcolm's condition and his replacement by Angus' nephew Steve.