• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Music From The Hive

James R.

Busy Bee
This morning’s work soundtrack.

Sloan. The best little Canadian rock ‘n’ roll band you’ve never heard of.

46B71115-A955-44E8-8D10-86BE408C7FA5.jpeg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
59 and 60 were the years I listened to R&R when music had a great dance rhythm.
Today music is just static for me due to my deafness, sure miss it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Music seems to have all merged into a single style nowadays, loosing much of the richness and diversity it once had.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Music seems to have all merged into a single style nowadays, loosing much of the richness and diversity it once had.
True of popular music, but there's still plenty of great stuff outside what's played on the radio. I'm a folk/Americana person myself, and I can assure you it sounds nothing like the hybrid hiphop/EDM/pop/country/rock that the radio churns out these days. ;)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I've been revisiting a few old favourites from the 60's and early 70's lately which lead to my discovery of music from the US both east and west coast...

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
And finally, for something completely different! What better way could there be to wishing everyone a JOYFUL AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR that with the beauty and innocence of childhood!

:grouphug:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
A blast from the a not-so-far-away past, when mostly unknown singer Eva Marie Cassidy from Washington DC sang in bars for whoever wanted to hear it. This is her gorgeous and quite unique interpretation of "Over the Rainbow", reinventing the classic and making it new again. Eva passed away of melanoma 22 years ago at her mom's house, still mostly unknown. About 2 years after her death, this camcorder recording was played by the BBC in the UK, reaching top 10 chart positions in 5+ European countries. Only after being posthumously discovered in the UK, she finally received worldwide recognition, selling over 10 million copies. Even though Eva has achieved significant success in the European charts, six times platinum status, it was only much later that her recordings achieved certified gold status in the US as well, where she still remained relatively unknown at the time.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary

We don't have to stick with whatever music companies decide we should listen to. There are some great street musicians around, I often go into town with some friends just to listen to them.
Watch this one if you like guitar, Estas Tonne playing in Estonia. Skip to 2.35 if you don't want the warmup/intro:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That's a great, energetic performance! Reminds me of Ruben Romero, the flamenco player from New Mexico. I thought I've heard his name before, but couldn't put my finger on it. Later on, I found out he was the author of the guitar method my music teacher was using. I first met Romero by chance when visiting my sister in Santa Fe. We went to a mall, where he was playing his guitar in one of the rooms. I had no idea who he was, but was captivated by the way he played. When my sister called, I realized I was sitting there, listening to Romero's live performance for over an hour. I had never seen anyone play like that before - rhythm, solo and percussion all at once with a single acoustic guitar. I have purchased 4 CDs from whatever he had with him at the moment, and I treasure them to this date. He told me all of the CDs were recordings with his flamenco band, so they weren't like he was playing there. It beats me he didn't have a single solo CD of his own, being as virtuoso as he was. Then he asked me where I was from (Brazil), and played a couple of Brazilian songs just for me. Romero passed away from diabetic complications about a year after that live performance.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder

Keeping the day at the appropriate level of chill. :)