Music From The Hive

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Mythocentric, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Mythocentric

Mythocentric Extraordinary

I love this one.....

because this guy probably had the greatest voice in Rock.....

and my favourite Queen song just for the heck of it.....

2. James R.

James R. Busy Bee

@Mythocentric Ah Queen...what a great way to end my workday!

Here's another version of We Will Rock You that isn't what most people are used to hearing, but they used to play it live this way - before the slow version became the version everyone knows.

Ken1171 and Mythocentric like this.
  3. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Thanks for that James! That sounds more rock to me!

4. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I liked both those songs Mytho, but Bohemian Rhapsody is my all time fave Queen song, and I agree with you . . . what a voice he had.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  5. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

Speaking of greats. We lost David Cassidy today. R.I.P. Keith Partridge and thanks for the groovy songs!

James R. and Rae134 like this.
  6. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I just heard that on the news a little while ago. :(

7. James R.

James R. Busy Bee

This morning’s work soundtrack.

Sloan. The best little Canadian rock ‘n’ roll band you’ve never heard of.

46B71115-A955-44E8-8D10-86BE408C7FA5.jpeg

8. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

And since we are talking about Rock'n Roll, last night I made a new track in the 1960's Rolling Stones style. From a time when rock was rocked with a piano, and with a British accent. :)

Classic Sixties Rock'n Roll

9. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Bring back that sound!

Ken1171 likes this.
  10. Faery_Light

Faery_Light Extraordinary Contributing Artist

59 and 60 were the years I listened to R&R when music had a great dance rhythm.
    Today music is just static for me due to my deafness, sure miss it.

11. Ken1171

Music seems to have all merged into a single style nowadays, loosing much of the richness and diversity it once had.

12. Zaarin

Zaarin Brilliant Contributing Artist

True of popular music, but there's still plenty of great stuff outside what's played on the radio. I'm a folk/Americana person myself, and I can assure you it sounds nothing like the hybrid hiphop/EDM/pop/country/rock that the radio churns out these days. ;)

13. Mythocentric

I've been revisiting a few old favourites from the 60's and early 70's lately which lead to my discovery of music from the US both east and west coast...

LisaB likes this.
  14. Mythocentric

And finally, for something completely different! What better way could there be to wishing everyone a JOYFUL AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR that with the beauty and innocence of childhood!

:grouphug:

15. James R.

James R. Busy Bee

My musical accompaniment while I’m working on setting up a new computer this morning.

C8143E58-E051-4580-8E1C-D7FA2892CBE7.jpeg

16. Ken1171

A blast from the a not-so-far-away past, when mostly unknown singer Eva Marie Cassidy from Washington DC sang in bars for whoever wanted to hear it. This is her gorgeous and quite unique interpretation of "Over the Rainbow", reinventing the classic and making it new again. Eva passed away of melanoma 22 years ago at her mom's house, still mostly unknown. About 2 years after her death, this camcorder recording was played by the BBC in the UK, reaching top 10 chart positions in 5+ European countries. Only after being posthumously discovered in the UK, she finally received worldwide recognition, selling over 10 million copies. Even though Eva has achieved significant success in the European charts, six times platinum status, it was only much later that her recordings achieved certified gold status in the US as well, where she still remained relatively unknown at the time.

Pendraia likes this.
  17. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

We don't have to stick with whatever music companies decide we should listen to. There are some great street musicians around, I often go into town with some friends just to listen to them.
    Watch this one if you like guitar, Estas Tonne playing in Estonia. Skip to 2.35 if you don't want the warmup/intro:

18. Ken1171

That's a great, energetic performance! Reminds me of Ruben Romero, the flamenco player from New Mexico. I thought I've heard his name before, but couldn't put my finger on it. Later on, I found out he was the author of the guitar method my music teacher was using. I first met Romero by chance when visiting my sister in Santa Fe. We went to a mall, where he was playing his guitar in one of the rooms. I had no idea who he was, but was captivated by the way he played. When my sister called, I realized I was sitting there, listening to Romero's live performance for over an hour. I had never seen anyone play like that before - rhythm, solo and percussion all at once with a single acoustic guitar. I have purchased 4 CDs from whatever he had with him at the moment, and I treasure them to this date. He told me all of the CDs were recordings with his flamenco band, so they weren't like he was playing there. It beats me he didn't have a single solo CD of his own, being as virtuoso as he was. Then he asked me where I was from (Brazil), and played a couple of Brazilian songs just for me. Romero passed away from diabetic complications about a year after that live performance.

19. LisaB

LisaB HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee Co-Founder

Keeping the day at the appropriate level of chill. :)

20. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Just because

Miss B and Alisa like this.