• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Music From The Hive

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The Paul Thorn Band will be offering a set of free online performances via DittyTV on Wednesday, May 30th at 8:00p CDT, Thursday, May 31st at 8:00a CDT and Sunday, June 3rd at 1:00p CDT. DittyTV is an app available on many services like AppleTV, FireTV, Roku and others. You can also see the show(s) via direct link here. His shows are always fun to watch and have quite a bit of humor in them. Here's a preview clip with one on my favorite songs, "Temporarily Forever Mine".

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
If you're referring to the term "baby boomers", it was usually babies who were born shortly after WWII ended, after all the troops came home to their spouses.

I was born in the middle of WWII, so I was always referred to as a "war baby".

I'm referring to the ones who have fallen.
A few of the HiveWire family have had losses recently.
Thoughts of those, and my own losses inspired the song.
Music from the Hive, music for the Hive.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here's a few photos I took from yet another Peter Frampton concert that my wife and I went to last month. He came to town (Salt Lake City) and played the Capital Theatre, which is a great smaller venue for a show. Just under 2000 seats. This is my fourth time now seeing Frampton, and I got to say for 67 years old his voice is still great, love his songs from my youth, and his guitar work is superb. He's won a Grammy for best pop instrumental album back in 2007.

Frampton1Small.jpg
Frampton2Small.jpg
Frampton3Small.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Can't say as I've ever seen him in concert, but definitely like his music.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here' another show and musician that my wife and I love. Howard Jones. He's classically trained, so his skills on the keyboard are amazing. His music from the 80's is quite special to us. We've seen him twice now, most recently in Park City at the Egyptian Theater this last Febuary. He played 3 or 4 nights, all of which were sold out. The theater only seats 310. So a super small size. Great sound and the setting was awesome. Just Ho Jo and his keyboard. He played all his hits, and a few new ones. One that my wife and I really loved called "Soon You'll Go". We just sat there holding hands and crying during this song. I'd like you to give it a listen. He wrote it for his daughter heading off to college. He's played a few shows with the Morritson Orpheus Choir and it sounds amazing. In this attached video that same Choir joins in.

HoJo1Small.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Heard of this study done recently about attending live concerts can help you live longer. Which doesn't carry much weight when you see who put the study together. But... it's still fun to think that there are possibly several positive effects from seeing concerts. Some of those being increased well being, self worth, and mental stimulation.

Going to concerts can help you live longer, according to a new study

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Okay a few more songs and groups that I want to share here, then I'll stop inundating this thread for a while.

These are all quite different from each other, but all very solid tunes to dig your teeth into. For me anyway.

This first group I was turned onto from on of my sons, who came across this band while he was a Tour manager for a group called "Butcher Babies", (Yeah, you ought to look them up too, very heavy and extreme rockers, but I don't think I could get thru one song of theirs). This first band is called "Bad Wolves" and I very much like this remake of Zombie by the Cranberries. The original is awesome too, right? But I dig this version too. You'll see that they donated funds from the song to the kids of Dolores O'Riordan, which helped this remake climb to the top of ITunes after it's release.

This second group is also one I came across in the last couple of months. I think of these kids as really solid. If there was hidden early Zeppelin tunes revealed they would sound like this group "Greta Van Fleet" from Detroit. Even Robert Plant is impressed with this young band. He called them "Led Zeppelin 1". Not quite the powerhouses as the ruling and original Zep for me, but still very good and fun to hear.

And this last one I just came across today. I mean we've heard of "Twenty One Pilots" right? Lisa showed the Stressed out video some time ago. Which is a great tune. I really love Twenty On Pilots, I think they are such a strong band. Lyrically a delight as well. But I dig this tune a lot. See if you feel the same.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Sometimes music is necessary to revitalize you and your muse

From romantic

To traditional

And simply hilarious

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
My pick of the day - Slash and Myles Kennedy playing "Ghost" live in their Sidney tour, showing that there is still hope for modern music. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
One more Slash & Myles if you don't mind, the one and only acoustic session of "Sweet Child of Mine". All things considered, it's a rare track. ^___^

Miss B

CV-BEE
Somewhere I have the Guns & Roses CD with Sweet Child 'O Mine on it. In fact, it was the only track I ever listened to, as I wasn't neccesarily a fan of the group.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I was more AC/DC than Guns, but by then I was playing in a band, and Slash was my hero. I have never seen Slash playing this unplugged, and we can see him struggling with his own solo because it wasn't meant for thick acoustic strings. This makes it even more special and rare to watch. ^^

Miss B

CV-BEE
I wasn't really into AC/DC either, in fact, I wasn't really into hard rock at all, so was extremely surprised the first time I heard G&R's recording of Sweet Child O' Mine. I bought that CD simply for that one song. Weird on my part, but when I hear something I like, I want to own it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That's not so surprising. Not everyone likes rock, but everybody likes ballads. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think AC/DC is more blues-ish rock'n'roll than hard rock, but opinions vary. I think they are one of the oldest rock bands that are still playing nowadays. So much that Brian Johnson retired from hearing loss, and Malcolm Young from Alzheimer (he can't remember songs he wrote himself). Angus Young is the only remaining member from the original band, and I think he wants to die of old age on stage, playing his guitar. He's 63 and still rocking. He's known for running, jumping and dancing on stage for the whole show, while never missing a single guitar note. With Brian Johnson out of the band, guess who came to replace him? Guns and Roses vocalist, Axl Rose. Personally, I am not a fan of this mix, but Angus wants the band to keep going, so someone had to join in. Malcolm was the one who composed most of the band's iconic riffs, and I am not sure what will be of AC/DC with Axl Rose. It's admirable how Angus still wants to keep playing even when he doesn't need to anymore. He has nothing to prove to anyone, so I guess his art is his life. Not that I am complaining, since seeing him on stage is always a spectacle. The passing of Bowie and what's left of AC/DC seem to mark the end of a golden era. At least we still have Slash. :)