Music From The Hive

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Mythocentric, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Thanks from me too, as I'm interested on how they put that piece together.

I also agree about the loss, and that's a fantastic 3D representation you did of the man.

James R. likes this.
  2. Alisa

Alisa Peacekeeper & HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

Yeah, love that image!

James R. likes this.
  3. Miss B

I just watched it Alisa, and it's quite informative. After a while I just "listened" to it while here on our forum, and it was nice having Bohemian Rhapsody playing in the background. :D

4. James R.

James R. Busy Bee

Thank you, glad you enjoyed the video. Fascinating, wasn't it? All those little parts that came together to make something so completely epic... Blows my mind. I wish I could "speak music" the way musicians like that do.

Oh, and that's Michael 3 as Freddie. :)

5. James R.

James R. Busy Bee

Thanks! I did that for his 70th birthday last year. It was daunting.

6. Mythocentric

Mythocentric Extraordinary

I was explaining to our Lucy earlier about this thread and that it was a place for people to post their favourite songs and singers. Anyhow, I promised to post this one because it's her 'favouritest song' and she wants you all to listen and sing it too! All together now............

7. Miss B

I know what you mean. I'm lucky I could, once upon a time, read music, but to actually "know" it like they do? Nope, never could.

Ohhhhh, well the pose and lighting are perfect, and I liked him better with the mustache and short hair from his later years.

8. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

I love Queen! I've always wondered what Bohemian Rhapsody was about. Talk about some really smart guys, Brian May is also an astrophysicist. They are such a part of out culture now. This is one of my all time favorite songs:

9. Janet

Oh! My son is in a band, he's been musically inclined all of his life. Moved to Tacoma when he was 18 for the music scene. He did the music on a couple of my videos:

10. Miss B

WOW, that is smart. I've never thought about what other professions musicians might have, except one of our local Jazz musicians here in NY, whose web site I designed. Turns out he's a teacher and, of course, he teaches Jazz at an Intermediary School, so I guess that's not really a surprise, but a musician who's also an astrophysicist? I never would've guessed.

James R. and Janet like this.
  11. Janet

Apparently there's supposed to be a high correlation between people who are good at maths and music.

12. Miss B

I've always believed that with programming as well, especially all forms of Algebra.

13. James R.

James R. Busy Bee

I have a number of friends who have electrical engineering degrees -- and all five of them are very musically talented.

Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 Allegro...that is almost literally math as music. :)

Janet likes this.
  14. James R.

James R. Busy Bee

May got his PhD in 2007, at 60. Awesome. :) He kind of looks like Isaac Newton...lol

Janet likes this.
  15. Miss B

I was in my 50s when I got my second degree, though it wasn't a PhD. There's no age limit when it comes to going back to school. ;)

James R. likes this.
  16. James R.

James R. Busy Bee

Oh I agree! I went back to school at 29 and again at 44. My wife is working on her Master's and will get it at 50. Life long learning is a grand thing. ;)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    LisaB likes this.
  17. Miss B

That it is. :)

18. phdubrov

phdubrov Noteworthy Contributing Artist

I have a friend who has degrees in math and musical theory, and one of his thesises was about math patterns in the music :)

LisaB and James R. like this.
  19. Mythocentric

Mythocentric Extraordinary

I couldn't resist this one. Cheech Marin, Born In East LA...

RAMWolff, Ken1171, LisaB and 2 others like this.
  20. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

OMG... Elvira! YAY

Mythocentric likes this.